Rod Smith for receivers coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith for receivers coach

There Is No Sense In Letting That Much Knowledge And Brilliance Dissapear From The Broncos Orginization! MY OPINION IS THAT ROD TAKE OVER THE RECIEVING CORPS AND CONTINUE TO TEACH AND COACH FOR THE BRONCOS.
    Last edited by edjer; 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM.

Is this officil?

Or something you are wishing?

Thanks

Welcome by the way....
    sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU. THIS IS ACTUALLY AN OPINION.

Comment

You should probably specify that in your title.

Comment

Originally posted by edjer View Post
          THANK YOU. THIS IS ACTUALLY AN OPINION.
          OK.

And I agree he would make a great one.
          sigpic

Comment

How Do I Change Title

Comment

Originally posted by edjer View Post
              How Do I Change Title
              It's not that big of a deal but I know a lot of people will come into your thread thinking this is like breaking news or something. I know I did. It's been a tough crowd lately and people are quick to flame someone for stuff.

Anyway, to edit a post or thread you've started click on the "edit" button on the bottom right corner of the post. A window will popup and at the bottom right of that, click on the "Advanced Edit" button.

From there just change the "Title". I would just put a "Opinion:" before your current title.

Comment

Cool Thanks!

Comment

Yeah I wish he would coach too and in his last interview he did mention something of the sort and said he loves teaching. However he said he didnt like the hours a coach has to put in.

Comment

It would make my day!!

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I didnt realize it was an election year.

Rod has my vote also!
                      Signature for rent.

Comment

As I understand it, Rod has a construction company. My bet is that he will spend more time overseeing its day to day operations. NFL coaching starts early (at Dove Valley by 5:00 or 6:00 am) and not leaving until 10:00 pm, 11:00, or even later. Hour after hour in either meetings or in front of the video. For coaches it is a 7 day a week job. That takes a special drive and sense of duty to make that sacrifice.

Besides the pay check and respect of your players and fellow coaches (which in losing season may not be apparent) there is not much reward. You have to love the game and/or have your life's goal of being an NFL head coach.

Comment

Just can't see it happening anytime soon.

Rod is a disciple of that dude who wrote Rich Dad, Poor Dad [quick note: some of the things that guy did are no longer practical but some of the basic concepts of hard work and reinvesting smartly and avoiding paying too much in taxes are applicable today] and he's very interested in furthering his professional life outside of football. Remember the articles they did on him a couple years ago about he's just as much of a worker in his development company as he is on the field? I can't see him letting his business slide while he works for the paltry sum that beginning assistant coaches make. It takes those guys YEARS before they get to half a mil. DECADES before they crack a million.

I'm not talking about greed. I'm talking about a guy who has a chance to really blossom in the business world and a guy who'd probably like to have a life. [Even worse than the pay is the schedules those assistants work].

Same reason the GOAT isn't coaching. He's got other challenges ahead and is still young enough to enjoy life (although I can't say I like him doing ballroom dancing, but that's another topic).
                          Last edited by DiehardinAlaska; 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM.
                          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

I really wonder, and wouldn't you really wonder... that although Smith loves the game of football, don't you think the guy wants to live a normal life with his family?

Think about it. Rod has been playing football since high school, to college, and to the NFL.

He's coming up at 14 years as a pro player.

Remember, that is 14 years of NEVER missing either a mandatory or non mandatory practice. I'm sure the same could be said for his attendance at meetings.

I'd love to have him as a WR coach, don't get me wrong.. but do you really think he would want to start coaching, knowing that he's going to put all that work and dedication to the game, while not playing a snap?

B4B6
                            Last edited by Peerless; 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                              I really wonder, and wouldn't you really wonder... that although Smith loves the game of football, don't you think the guy wants to live a normal life with his family?

Think about it. Rod has been playing football since high school, to college, and to the NFL.

He's coming up at 14 years as a pro player.

Remember, that is 14 years of NEVER missing either a mandatory or non mandatory practice. I'm sure the same could be said for his attendance at meetings.

I'd love to have him as a WR coach, don't get me wrong.. but do you really think he would want to start coaching, knowing that he's going to put all that work and dedication to the game, while not playing a snap.

B4B6
                              I agree with u, I think he would want to spend time with his family, heck, if he did retire and choose to be with his family, i wouldn't be mad at him

2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY!

Originally posted by RiversOWNSDonks
                              Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that!
                              O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
                              This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB!

Comment

Working...
                              X