Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selvin Young compared to Rookie All-Star Adrian Peterson

I thought this was interesting.

I was looking up stats by rookie runningbacks on nfl.com.

Here's Peterson's Numbers:
    att238 att/g17.0 yds1,341 yds/carry5.6 td12 long73T

Here's Young's Numbers:
    att140 att/g9.3 yds729 yds/carry5.2 td1 long50

So obviously Peterson smoked Selvin in Touchdowns however, statistically if Selvin gets just as many attempts at Peterson, we're looking at Selvin putting up 1238 total rushing yards, putting him just under 100 yards behind Adrian Peterson.

Not bad for Selvin, considering he was an UFA, and Peterson was selected what, 8th overall?

Just an interesting comparison between the two.

Enjoy!
    sigpic

Originally posted by kcarr26 View Post

Here's Young's Numbers:

So obviously Peterson smoked Selvin in Touchdowns however, statistically if Selvin gets just as many attempts at Peterson, we're looking at Selvin putting up 1238 total rushing yards, putting him just under 100 yards behind Adrian Peterson.

Not bad for Selvin, considering he was an UFA, and Peterson was selected what, 8th overall?

Enjoy!
    We will find out, he might be Mike Bell v2.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvinWillis View Post
      We will find out, he might be Mike Bell v2.
      Mike Bell supporter, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
        Mike Bell supporter, huh?

Your annoying

Comment

Thats what I'm saying man, this guy is a diamond in the rough that we gotta KEEP and polish...
          sigpic

TZ

Comment

Selvin is nothing more than a change of pace guy, he cannot be an every down back
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarvinWillis View Post
              Your annoying
              My annoying? Oh! You mean You're annoying

Comment

I actually like this guy, to me he seems like he could be an every down back, with a ton of potential and a very explosive player.

2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY!

Originally posted by RiversOWNSDonks
                Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that!
                O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
                This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe26 View Post
                  Selvin is nothing more than a change of pace guy, he cannot be an every down back
                  I would agree.

Although I like the way the guy plays, it seems that in every game, there is at least that one hit that always derails him and throws his game off.

Maybe its a rookie thing, maybe its not.

Comment

I like Selvin Young, but I was most impressed this season with Andre Hall. The guy played a lot like LT, catching passes, running for around 150 yards and he was all over the field...on top of all that he had a high ankle sprain.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy View Post
                      ...on top of all that he had a high ankle sprain.
                      Ya! whats with our RB's this year maybe its just me but it seemed that it was a different RB every game and at least 2 runnin backs every game were hurt.

2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY!

Originally posted by RiversOWNSDonks
                      Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that!
                      O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
                      This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB!

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26 View Post

Here's Young's Numbers:

Enjoy!
                        One thing you have to remember is Peterson is on a LOSER for a team ,just like he was in college. Selvin has a National Championship on his resume and will have a Super Bowl Ring if he stays with the Broncs!!

Comment

Who thinks we get rid of henry cause of young's performance???
                          sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

Originally posted by hudd76 View Post
                            Who thinks we get rid of henry cause of young's performance???
                            I do not. I think we keep the same backfield w/ Henry & Young battling it out in TC to see who the starter is. Until we get a feature back , which wont be this year imo, we go with the RB's we have . We have too many other needs right now.

Comment

I agree with you too on that one..I just was wondering cause Shanny sometimes does it..I mean one year this guy does killer and the next he is gone..I dont disagree with shanny decision cause every year for a while we have had a back who has gone over 1,000 yards this was the first year in a while we didnt go over that mark...
                              sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X