No announcement yet.

Lynch sees "unfinished business"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree that Lynch is slowing down a bit to be a Safety, but he is a big safety and i wonder if he could make a transition to a LB position. He could fill more than one role in the Defense this way to provide depth at two spots. Even at his age, he is always around the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Lynch will never make those kinds of concessions in order to return to Denver.
      Im confused?

Are you trying to tell me Lynch wants to be spoon fed his position instead of earning it? All im asking for is some hard work during the off season and camp to prove the position is his.

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
        Am I really the only one that is excited at the thought of Lynch coming back next year?
        Nope!

I want him back next year too.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

We need a youthful, explosive, FAST safety which was there for the taking last draft, but with the holes on the D-Line, the team felt that adding Moss was better than one of the safeties we could have gotten....

WE NEED TO ADD A YOUNG STUD SAFETY IN THE FIRST FEW ROUNDS OF THE DRAFT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Or he could step aside and allow one of the younger guys on defense to step in and develop into a leader.

Just playing devil's advocate here...
            That's kinda the point. You can learn a lot from your elders. You can eliminate bad mistakes or nip them in the bud with a guy who is a proven player and leader. The learning curve is shortened.

My point is we are no a legit SB contender and whatever we can get out of these leader types that have been there and done it is worth it. If we needed a youthful player to solidify and perfect our team, I'd say step aside John. But that's not the case, being realistic.

The bottom line is down the road, Lynch staying another year and someone learning aside him can be more helpful then just sticking someone in our D as a draft pick with no exp what so ever. IMHO. Kinda like what they do for QB's, or did for QB's

Comment

I do not mind John coming back at all. But I think we should move his position. Move him to SS. Im pretty sure he played most of his career there anyway. He does more of the job of a SS as we have him in the box on almost every play. That way we can keep him and try to draft that stud FS that we all want.

Theres a way to everything.
              LET 'ER BUCK!!!
              Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Lynch needs to come back, as long as we have another safety by his side with more speed, we'll be fine. His awareness and passion is a great asset to the defense!
                Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-08-2008, 12:32 PM.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i hope lynch returns and help a new safety developing

Comment

I hope Lynch comes back for this year.
                    I also hope we draft a young safety and have Lynch help him become an upcoming star in the league to take over for the future.
                    I'd love to win it all and have Lynch go out on top though.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                      I hope Lynch comes back for this year.
                      I also hope we draft a young safety and have Lynch help him become an upcoming star in the league to take over for the future.
                      I'd love to win it all and have Lynch go out on top though.
                      my thoughts exactly
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

lynch returning to impart some wisdom on kenny phillips sounds pretty damned good to me

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

John Lynch is an incredible person, player and contributor.

The sad thing is that he's getting up their and the wear and tear is showing. If he can improve and get faster again, or just prove he can still shut down the slot, or cause pressure in the pass rush, then he should stay and continue helping us get toward the big game.

I think his ideal role now is just leadership and teaching the younger secondary. If they all learn from a player like Lynch, they'll have a lot more to offer later. He did say he wanted to help Denver win a Super Bowl...well, he still can even if he's not as fast or powerful as he used to be.

If he truly cares about the game and even about the Broncos, he'll have to man up and be a leader and teach those guys...

It's not like he's going to not play at all. We can still use him. He's a great aspect of our defense.

I'm still holding that our problems lie in the trenches on both sides of the ball, rather than our secondary.
                          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Unfinished business? :eeK: What is this guy? The Terminator?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              Hey even if Lynch is slow, he helps stop the run. His leader ship on and off the field is such a need for a team when they are rebuilding. I say that Lynch puts in some speed work during the off season and makes a push for the starting roll. Kinda like when Jerry Rice came over for camp. Nothing was handed to him, he needed to prove him self. Then after camp a decision can be made by Lynch. I honestly feel Shanahan will tell Lynch its all up to him. Come into camp healthy,strong,quick and you will have a big roll in what this defense can do for 2008.
                              What the heck is 'speed work'? There are allot of things a player can do to improve his physical attributes. However shaving time off of your forty speed is virtually impossible at Lynch's age, or any age for that matter. You're either fast enough to get the job done or you're not. Lynch is a heck of a player and can still be a valuable asset to the Broncos Defense. Moreover you're probably right about Shanahan giving Lynch the final say so concerning his intent on returning or not. However if it comes down to speed being the determining factor of who starts at Safety next year for the Denver Broncos it probably won't be Lynch!

Comment

Or he could step aside and allow one of the younger guys on defense to step in and develop into a leader.

Just playing devil's advocate here...
                                We don't have a young guy to step in a take his place... Yet...

Just wondering, but has anyone thought about the possibility of Lynch playing one of the outside LB positions? I agree he has lost a step some at safety, but he can still lay the wood and his a good run stopper, perhaps he'd do well as an outside lb... He be fast enough to go sideline to sideline, and it is not like Winborn or Gold, or Webster are that good or worth keeping. It will also be very hard to replace both outside spots from the outside. Maybe moving John there would free us up elsewhere.

Now I may be completely and totally way off here, but I'm just wondering. He is a great leader and a hard hitter, he may not be a great Safety anymore, but perhaps there is still room for him on the roster? Someone with more football savvy smarts needs to come in here now and shoot me down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X