• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bklynbronco
    replied
    what??

Originally posted by broncos0707 View Post
    How do you explain brett farve this year?? I mean after last year everybody thought he was way to old but look at hi this year!

are you comparing brett favre to john lynch?

brett still has a cannon for a arm.
    what was in question and has always been in question were Brett's bad decisions on the field.

His talent never left him it was his ego that let him down. He forces the ball alot and that's that gunslinger mentality but that has nothing to do with age.
    Last year he had new talent and when they started losing he put it on his shoulders to do it all and failed miserably. this year he let his recievers do all the work and he's much better for it.

nobody's is questioning Lynch's heart but his body is giving up on him. His mind might say make that play but his body can't get him there like he used to.He's too slow to play safety. Can he make a tackle, yes he can but after that what else can he do? he's very limited.

in this day an age where TE's are becoming more like recievers we need a safety that can cover them.
    denver plays in a division with the best TE in the league (Gates) and john gets exposed badly. You can't see this???!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    Originally posted by . i n t e l View Post
    He better come back because I just bought his darn Jersey last week!
    There's nothing wrong with wearing someones jersey after they retire, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by TR3Y View Post
    We need a youthful, explosive, FAST safety which was there for the taking last draft, but with the holes on the D-Line, the team felt that adding Moss was better than one of the safeties we could have gotten....

WE NEED TO ADD A YOUNG STUD SAFETY IN THE FIRST FEW ROUNDS OF THE DRAFT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need that whether Lynch returns nor not. Even if he's back, he's only playing 1 more year at most. So, draft a S this year and groom him behind John for a year and then let him start next year in 2009.

Get a look at Lynch in training camp, and see whether he's still good enough to start and if not, then tell him flat out and let him retire. Shanahan knows where Lynch's play is and can decide if he wants him back.

Personally, I hope he's back, but not at the expense of drafting a safety. The Broncos should do both.

Leave a comment:

• . i n t e l
    replied
    He better come back because I just bought his darn Jersey last week!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Safety Blitz on Rivers, destroys him, then Lynch walks off field and into the NFL sunset. That would be awesome!
    lynch blitzes from the blind side

rivers turns around in time to see it coming

freezes in fear

lynch hits him so hard he implodes

then he grows wings, rises to the heavens as he pulls out a cigar and says..

"NOW YOU ARE THE BABY.....BABY"

roll credits

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    All I want John Lynch to see is
    A)Retirement,
    B)Terry Bradshaw.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Lynch sees "unfinished business"
    By The Denver Post
    Lynch went on to say he came to Denver to help the Broncos win the Super Bowl and
    that "unfinished business lends to me wanting to come back."
    Safety Blitz on Rivers, destroys him, then Lynch walks off field and into the NFL sunset. That would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    i dunno how we can come to the conclusion he's become slow this season when all he did was be forced to camp in the box and make up for ian's mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
    Unfinished business? :eeK: What is this guy? The Terminator?

All this needs is some quotes saying " I'll be back".

Leave a comment:

• broncos0707
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Although I'm mostly indifferent towards Lynch returning, heart and passion can only carry you so far. You have to have the talent and ability to make a difference. Otherwise, you're just another Jerry Rice, playing too many years beyond your prime and not knowing when to hang it up.
    How do you explain brett farve this year?? I mean after last year everybody thought he was way to old but look at hi this year!

Leave a comment:

• hardcorebronco
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Or he could step aside and allow one of the younger guys on defense to step in and develop into a leader.

Just playing devil's advocate here...
    We don't have a young guy to step in a take his place... Yet...

Just wondering, but has anyone thought about the possibility of Lynch playing one of the outside LB positions? I agree he has lost a step some at safety, but he can still lay the wood and his a good run stopper, perhaps he'd do well as an outside lb... He be fast enough to go sideline to sideline, and it is not like Winborn or Gold, or Webster are that good or worth keeping. It will also be very hard to replace both outside spots from the outside. Maybe moving John there would free us up elsewhere.

Now I may be completely and totally way off here, but I'm just wondering. He is a great leader and a hard hitter, he may not be a great Safety anymore, but perhaps there is still room for him on the roster? Someone with more football savvy smarts needs to come in here now and shoot me down.

Leave a comment:

• ROCKIES
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Hey even if Lynch is slow, he helps stop the run. His leader ship on and off the field is such a need for a team when they are rebuilding. I say that Lynch puts in some speed work during the off season and makes a push for the starting roll. Kinda like when Jerry Rice came over for camp. Nothing was handed to him, he needed to prove him self. Then after camp a decision can be made by Lynch. I honestly feel Shanahan will tell Lynch its all up to him. Come into camp healthy,strong,quick and you will have a big roll in what this defense can do for 2008.
    What the heck is 'speed work'? There are allot of things a player can do to improve his physical attributes. However shaving time off of your forty speed is virtually impossible at Lynch's age, or any age for that matter. You're either fast enough to get the job done or you're not. Lynch is a heck of a player and can still be a valuable asset to the Broncos Defense. Moreover you're probably right about Shanahan giving Lynch the final say so concerning his intent on returning or not. However if it comes down to speed being the determining factor of who starts at Safety next year for the Denver Broncos it probably won't be Lynch!

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    Unfinished business? :eeK: What is this guy? The Terminator?

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    John Lynch is an incredible person, player and contributor.

The sad thing is that he's getting up their and the wear and tear is showing. If he can improve and get faster again, or just prove he can still shut down the slot, or cause pressure in the pass rush, then he should stay and continue helping us get toward the big game.

I think his ideal role now is just leadership and teaching the younger secondary. If they all learn from a player like Lynch, they'll have a lot more to offer later. He did say he wanted to help Denver win a Super Bowl...well, he still can even if he's not as fast or powerful as he used to be.

If he truly cares about the game and even about the Broncos, he'll have to man up and be a leader and teach those guys...

It's not like he's going to not play at all. We can still use him. He's a great aspect of our defense.

I'm still holding that our problems lie in the trenches on both sides of the ball, rather than our secondary.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank24
    replied
    lynch returning to impart some wisdom on kenny phillips sounds pretty damned good to me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X