No announcement yet.

Slowik's scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as Slowik adjusts better than we have in the past and blitzes a bit more. A solid cover 2 would be great for us, especially with our weaker D-line/

Comment

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, has called Slowik "the best coach I've ever had.''

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...exits-broncos/

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman View Post
        Anybody else starting to get the feeling that Shanahan doesn't give a d*** about defense?
        I have been saying for some time I think Shanahan will scrap his need to get the defense to be stellar and go and fix the offense, this could be a sign of that. Coyer's scheme was a bend don't break and we did quite well, but our offense was not stellar enough, I think if Shanahan fixes the few missing pieces of defense before the draft, then goes offense heavy in the draft...we could be 10-6 easy next year...

Comment

Slowik is freaking terrible. He's failed all 3 times he's ever been a D-coordinator and he was fired after 1 year, all 3 times.

This makes no sense. I really am tired of Shanahan as coach. I believe he's a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
            Slowik is freaking terrible. He's failed all 3 times he's ever been a D-coordinator and he was fired after 1 year, all 3 times.

This makes no sense. I really am tired of Shanahan as coach. I believe he's a moron.
            Well, Slowik had a good run in Chicago but only because of Dave Wannstedt. His GB and Cleveland outings were both terrible. He also lost the team in GB. He's a great DBs coach...considering he's coached players such us Darrent, Domonique, Karl and Hamza from the ground up, he's doing a great job. However...that's where he should stay. Well. It's more promising than when he was promoted in GB. Mike MacKenzie was furious and left.

Still. We need to bring in someone. We have to. Otherwise next season will not be enjoyable.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I can't wait any longer for a superbowl I need it now!

Does Shanny not see that out Defense was crap?

I hope he proves me wrong.
              sigpic

Comment

Offense heavy draft year here we come...

and a competent DC that can make our D line look semi decent will just be good enough.

We need to bust heads on the offense side, force our opponents to play catch up, and let our defense take risks to make the big plays.
                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post

I can't wait any longer for a superbowl I need it now!

Does Shanny not see that out Defense was crap?

I hope he proves me wrong.
                  But which pile do you want to base this on? The week 1-5 variety or the week 6-17 kind? I think our defense did better after week 5. Hopefully (praying to all the football gods that have ever even been imagined) things will progress and weeks 6-17 laid the foundation for a stellar team in 08.

*HumminaHumminaHummina*

Comment

Making Slowik the DC is a monumental screw up!

For all we know, Slowik's influence on the defense this year had just as much to do with the poor season the defense had as Bates did.

And I'm beginning to wonder if Slowik should have ever been "Promoted" in 06, and maybe the structure of the staff had something to do with Bates telling Shanahan to pound sand.

With Shanahan, anything is possible.

Before you waste your time discussing Bob Slowik and his scheme, you might as well start the search for the defensive coordinator Denver will be looking for in 09......

Comment

Meanwhile, Shanahan's offensive staff remains bulletproof......

Comment

maybe he learned his lesson?

Shanahan I'm speaking of. He won two SuperBowls with stellar offenses and "just good enough defenses." I'm not gonna trash talk our defenses but they weren't the Ravens. I think Atwater by the way was phenominal in the GB game. left nothing on the field (except some brain fluid of his and several other guys!)

Anyway they had their moments. I remember a great article after the Falcons thrashing that talked about 5 blitzes that won the superbowl.

So my thought is this. Today could signal an awakening of sorts. I mean Shanahan is who is and maybe he's embracing that. No one ever called him a defensive mastermind. Maybe he figured he needs to focus on returning the offense to glory and switching his defense back to something not great but not totally blown up like we had trying to find the guys for Bates scheme. I think hiring Bates when there weren't any guys available to implement his scheme either thru FA or the draft was a bad choice. Maybe they are realizing we still don't have a shot at enough guys to create his scheme? So we go back to something else. Why should Mike keep fighting it, trying to turn the team in to something he isn't prepared for?

Just a thought.

I suppose if our first draft pick is Mendenhall then we'll know I guessed correctly LOL.
                        "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco View Post
                          Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection, has called Slowik "the best coach I've ever had.''

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...exits-broncos/
                          he's a great CB coach, i think we should keep him there because he's failed miserably every time hes tried at defensive coordinator.
                          @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

NO matter what we are going to have to get behind who ever is the defensive cordinator..I just hope MIke knows what he is doing Come on buddy lead us to a playoff game at least next year ..I still have complete faith in Mike's desicion's....I could be wrong though too!!!!!
                            sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

not going to happen

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              With the type of offenses and players we play against every year I can guarantee we will be bending and breaking.
                              We never bent this year! We did plenty of breaking but I didn't see any bend. I was not completely in love with bates scheme, BUT I wonder how long it takes players to get comfortable with new schemes. Our players had to get used to two schemes this year. Hopefully the next one will be basic. Something like go get that QB and knock him on his arse! Pressure will fix many problems and pressure is something we have not had around here in a LONG, LONG time!
                              It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Whether Slowik will be good, bad, or freaking terrible for the Broncos is yet to be seen. But, in his 3 stints as DC, he was DC for 1 year twice (GB and Cleveland). His stay in Chicago lasted 6 years. His year in Cleveland (1999) has to be taken with a grain of salt since that was Cleveland's first year as an 'expansion' team.

Comment

Working...
                                X