X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darth Tyger
    replied
    Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
    thats crazy, i heard from a reliable source that newly retired redskins coach joe gibbs will be our new defensive coordinator. we will also trade our first round pick to the patriots for bill bellicheck, who will be our special teams coach.
    Where did you hear that garbage. Bill Bellicheck is our new punter.

Where HAVE you been,......dude. And give me back my Bud Lite.

Leave a comment:

• Gator Broncos
    replied
    I don't see Moss getting time as an LB. I see him rehabbing in the offseason, and bulking up a little, and thrashing qb's next year. To use him as an LB i think would be a misuse of his talents. He's a great pass rusher, and if he bulks up a little, can be very effective against the run with his speed.

Leave a comment:

• neutessa
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    I don't see Moss moving to linebacker, but someone like Elvis actually has the speed and agility and pass-rushing instincts to play a little LB.
    I've posted this before...there is a misconception that Elvis is fast because he is small - he's not. His 40 time was 4.75 (I've seen it listed over 4.8 even). Not slow, but by comparison Moss' time was 4.7.

Leave a comment:

• Football God
    replied
    changes

if we r goin to be a top defence next season we are starting to make way for that goal. by getting rid of our defence of coach. next season if we try and blitz a little more and not make it obvious we should be better. we never blitz this season alot and when we did we made plays on defence. bly needs to get better at being the little brother. cause every qb is goin to pick on him and not baily. everyone got smart and didn throw it baily way. and that left bly to be the target. our line backers are not as fast as they use to be we need that speed to wear we can stop the run but also get back into passing coverage. the stats show that somethin went terribly wrong this year. we have the tallent maybe another big sack dl but we have the talent just wasn being put to the proper use. this year we looked lazy and gave up way to much of everything. here in denver thats not exceptable we are a winning city and thrives off of wins.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealMoose
    replied
    I don't see Moss moving to linebacker, but someone like Elvis actually has the speed and agility and pass-rushing instincts to play a little LB.

Leave a comment:

• neutessa
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
    you just can't run a 3-4 because we are to light up front. Crowder and Moss would be OLBs in a 3-4 and Elvis would be on the bench. 3-4s require 300+ lb DEs and a NT around 324+lbs. See Patriots, Ravens, Chargers, and Steelers. It want happen hear.
    Totally agree. What Font 7 talent is here in Denver is 4-3, not 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• Zoneblock249
    replied
    you just can't run a 3-4 because we are to light up front. Crowder and Moss would be OLBs in a 3-4 and Elvis would be on the bench. 3-4s require 300+ lb DEs and a NT around 324+lbs. See Patriots, Ravens, Chargers, and Steelers. It want happen hear.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by neutessa View Post
    OK, so now that what I posted over a week ago (that Bates would not be fired but would 'part ways' and Slowik would take over) has come true, I'll try to make it 3-for-3. This one may not be confirmed/not confirmed for quite a few months and a bit more going out on a limb with this one...

Slowik is an aggressive/blitzing coordinator, so the Broncos will at least take a look at Jarvis Moss as OLB - and try to use him in much the same way that the New York Football Giants use Kiwinuka. It will get another pass rusher on the field and allow them to run some different looks. If it works out, it'd also be one less position that would have to be addressed.

If it were to happen, what do you all think?
    With the speed of Dumervil at one end, the speed and strength of Moss, and the strength and promise of Marcus Thomas it may be time for this team to move to a 3-4 philosophy! I have always been against it but now it looks like a viable option. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Kiwanuka is a DE, just like Moss, the Giants play him at LB because they have so many DE's.

But with Shanahan, anything is possible, he could move Moss and tell everybody "He's just as good as Mathias Kiwanuka"......Nay! "He's just as good as Lawrence Taylor"......

Leave a comment:

• 32n33
    replied
    [QUOTE=Hadez;2073548]

First off I would make Champ more of a saftey. Someone who can roam the field, use his talent and insticts to make plays on the ball."

You know this does sound ridiculous and some bad comments will probably follow. BUT how bad of an idea would this really be? That way he can be back there to cover Bly's mistakes and since he is the pretty much the ONLY Denver Bronco that currently knows how to tackle, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
    thats crazy, i heard from a reliable source that newly retired redskins coach joe gibbs will be our new defensive coordinator. we will also trade our first round pick to the patriots for bill bellicheck, who will be our special teams coach.
    Bellicheat? nooooooo he cant come within 10 miles of denver, keep him out please.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    If I was him I would totally take advantage of our talent and break out a new kind of defense.

First off I would make Champ more of a saftey. Someone who can roam the field, use his talent and insticts to make plays on the ball.

Get another DL who can rush the passer for crying out loud how many offseasons are we going to have to talk about this. Been asking for this since 1999 how fing hard is it?!?!

Find a run stuffer. Trade Javon walker for Briggs or something I dunno but make something happen. We need Wilson jr bad!

Need another good DB.

Do these things and keep the players happy+healthy and our defense will be in the top 15 in 85% of the stats!

Leave a comment:

• mb3playa
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    I heard superman is looking for a job, I will look into what batman is up to these days, maybe even the hulk.

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
    Since it seems to be fantasy island in the Bronco front office thinking that Slo can turn it around, I'll play along. BILL COWHER FOR D COORDINATOR!!!!!
    I heard superman is looking for a job, I will look into what batman is up to these days, maybe even the hulk.

Leave a comment:

• spcdlee02
    replied
    Since it seems to be fantasy island in the Bronco front office thinking that Slo can turn it around, I'll play along. BILL COWHER FOR D COORDINATOR!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X