Bates Stepping Down - Good or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Football God View Post
    to win a super bowl you have to have a better defence then their offence.
    You mean Defense and Offense? There is no c in either...just a friendly heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      You mean Defense and Offense? There is no c in either...just a friendly heads up!

You mean you didn't mean any offense?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        This coming from the BIGGEST "fire Bates" person on the board!! You were the very person that didn't think the DC needed time to build his defense, and deserved to be fired. Now you want to make it sound as though Shanahan is crazy?

You can't have it both ways, mojo. Shanahan did exactly what you wanted him to do... then you want to sound as though you are criticizing for not giving the DC's time.......
        No, not at all. I'm confident fully that firing Bates was the right call.

That said, I'm not keen on Slowik's track record, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. However, I'm willing to see what he does next season. But there's no question the defense HAS TO perform better next year than this one. If a new scheme and injuries wasn't enough to save Jim Bates' job this season, it certainly won't be enough to save Slowik's next year.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post

Oh yes there bloody well is! We spelled the word first! We spell it with a c!

That's why there's no institution called the Ministry of Defense.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
          X