No announcement yet.

Travis Henry not coming back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Henry not coming back next year?

I heard that some reporters would be surprised that he will stay. Henry was third on the depth chart for the season finale game against the Vikings. What does this all mean?

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
    I heard that some reporters would be surprised that he will stay. Henry was third on the depth chart for the season finale game against the Vikings. What does this all mean?
    It means his knee was still hurt, he was off making new babies and inhaling 3rd string smoke.

Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I never saw how well he did when he was with the Titans but I must say that I was not amazed by his performance this season. I'm sure his injury played a role in his performance and with his spot on the depth chart but if he gets sent packing, I won't be sad. Call me crazy but in my opinion, the younger backs did just as good if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by . i n t e l View Post
        I never saw how well he did when he was with the Titans but I must say that I was not amazed by his performance this season. I'm sure his injury played a role in his performance and with his spot on the depth chart but if he gets sent packing, I won't be sad. Call me crazy but in my opinion, the younger backs did just as good if not better.
        Really? I mean, I don't like the guys antics, but he was leading the league in rushing before his injury.

That's not too bad.

If he is able to return to his pre-injury form, I honestly think he can really help the team.

Of course, that is if he gives up the baby-making and pot-smoking.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

hate the guys character, hate his attitude, hate how big of a disctraction he was. Get rid of him.

Comment

I hope he will be gone.

I had mixed feelings over whether to keep Henry until the San Diego game where he let Cutler get laid out and just watched Jay slowly pull himself up.

He is a potheaded loser, and is nothing above average in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
              I hope he will be gone.

I had mixed feelings over whether to keep Henry until the San Diego game where he let Cutler get laid out and just watched Jay slowly pull himself up.

Not all potheads are losers.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
                Thats a matter of perspective.

Comment

He was leading the league in rushing after what 5 games? Thats not to shabby!

But I agree all of issues (Pot, Health concerns etc.) lead me to think we might be better off without him.

Make no mistake when he is healthy he a is a very good running back. When he is not 100% he is average at best.

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by twotone View Post
                    Exactly. For all of the stuff off the field with this guy, he hasn't proven anything to me. I understand he was injured and that he was the leading rusher at the beginning of the season but you have to take into effect that Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson, and Larry Johnson all had bad starts. I don't expect them to do that again. I would much rather have Selvin Young and Andre Hall over Henry as of right now. I think they did just as good as Henry.

Comment

If I were to speculate... I would guess that he is back next year... simply due to the dollars that we are already paying him.

Despite this season, he was a leading rusher through 33% of the season before injury. Thus, I don't think we just chuck the dude. Shanahan stood by him during his appeal, and believed what he had to say. During that time, he passed the lie detector test which Im sure confirmed Henry's story as to how he came up positive. That being said, that ordeal is out the door, its gone, its history.

The only thing that matters to the coaches, is Henry's contribution to THIS coming team compared to the value of money we are paying him. We don't have another back on the roster, atm, that we can honestly say is capable of being a starting RB in this league.

That being the case... right now.... I don't see us getting rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by twotone View Post
                        Really? I mean, I don't like the guys antics, but he was leading the league in rushing before his injury.

That's not too bad.

If he is able to return to his pre-injury form, I honestly think he can really help the team.

That's about how I feel. I might not care for what the guy does in his personal life... but that's HIS personal life and none of our business if if doesn't hurt the team. And while the Mary Jane issue was a bit of a distraction, he was eventually exonerated and it shouldn't be held against him.

On the field, the man was playing really well prior to his injury. He wasn't flashy like Young but you're right that Henry was leading the league in rushing after about 5 weeks of play and was heading for a big season.

Now INJURY could be a reason to not bring him back. But if he's deemed healthy enough by the Broncos' physicians then I don't see how we could justify cutting him. His contract included a lot of guaranteed money that will smack the Broncos in the mouth if they cut him, unless I misunderstand the situation.

So, I believe the odds are strongly in favor of his return next year. And if we fix our offensive line, I think we'll be happy we have him.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
                          Not all Potheads are losers, but are all losers potheads?

Sounds like a bad S.A.T. question

Comment

Tatum Bell was leading the league in rushing through three games last year. That's about 20%. Tomlinson didn't have the lead spot in rushing this year until the last week or two, and that's all that really matters. Travis Henry is injury prone, so it's not something you just shrug off and say "next year he'll be strong and healthy". Odds are he's going to miss at least a few games because of that running style.

I loved this guy back in Tennessee in 2006, I was impressed at what he was able to do. So I'm not saying he doesn't have potential to be that hard-nosed power runner, but at this point with his age and injuries we'd be lucky to have him repeat a year like he did two years ago for the Titans. Considering Tatum Bell had 1,000 yards in our system--1,200 isn't saying much for the pay we're giving him.

For financial reasons if we trash Walker, don't expect Henry to be out of here--however, if something does occur where we'll able to retain Walker then I can't say I'd be shocked to see Henry let go.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                              I hope he will be gone.

I see so many posters "picking the starter". I want Young or I want Hall. Some want to draft a college player over everyone we have. I want whoever will be most productive for the Broncos. IMO Shanahan will keep all three of them and one will most likely be next years starter. I am also sure that the starter will be decided as it always has been during preseason, on the field, and in open competition.

Henry is average? Are we talking pre-injuries? I guess it is lucky that the games are not played in your mind because Henry was much better than average. Average backs don't lead the league.

As for his pot smoking, it is my understanding that he was given 1 more year of probation. He will be tested on a regular basis. I would be willing to bet that he stays clean.

If he is not chosen as the starter, great he didn't outplay his competition. If he does start, then my assumption is that he is the best the Broncos have and has a right to be in that position. . . and should be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X