Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware what you wish for in wanting Javon gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware what you wish for in wanting Javon gone!

Remember we were just an qaverage offense at best w/out him. We actually were a terrible redzone offense w/out him. With him he makes everyone much, much better!

Sure when he can actually play.......Marshall > Walker. I do agree though, if healthy Walker would be a great #2.
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

A valuable deep threat, yes; a loud-mouth, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
        Remember we were just an qaverage offense at best w/out him. We actually were a terrible redzone offense w/out him. With him he makes everyone much, much better!
        We did pretty good before he got here so it's not like we absolutely need him.

I agree that he's a playmaker and makes us better, but, he's not irreplaceable.
        sigpic

Comment

Keeping Javon This Season Would Cost $7 Million Cap-Hit!

Look at my post: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=109662&page=5

It has nothing to do with what we "wish for", it's all about the money.

Javon won't be back because he's due a large salary and roster bonus, which he won't re-negotiate. He doesn't have to re-negotiate because he's also due a bonus if the Broncos decline to renew his contract (a "termination" bonus).

So, either way he gets paid. Why would he re-negotiate if he's not going to be the #1 WR here? He can hope to go elsewhere and find a team that will give him the chance to be the #1 WR.

He still thinks he's the best WR in football, and wants to prove it. The Broncos know he's not and that Brandon Marshall is. Better to take the cap-hit this season and trade him to a team that will absorb some of that cap-hit if possible than take a $7 million cap hit from keeping him.
          sigpic

Comment

Why not just have a 1A & 1B WR core? I mean thats basically what they do in Cincinnati.

Comment

Cugel-

I've been saying we ditch Javon because of his health issues and the money factor. His cap number is too high for the risk he presents. My question lies in the termination bonus- If we cut him before his bonuses coming up (4.2 million I believe) we save that amount against the cap. How does the termination bonus affect the cap salary once cut???

Comment

Based on his comments today, I don't think Shanahan plans on bringing Javon back next season...
                sigpic

Comment

Why get rid of Walker? I understand the cap hit and all, but he still is a very viable number 2. There is no way he'll be the number 1 now that Marshall woke up. I think they need to cut Henry and let young and Hall do the running. They looked a lot more crisp than Henry this year.
                  I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE

Free Football RPG game... build you player and watch him dominate!
                  http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=6415292

Comment

Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                    Why not just have a 1A & 1B WR core? I mean thats basically what they do in Cincinnati.
                    Because with all our other needs, it just isn't feasible to have a #2(1b) WR with a $7+ million cap hit on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by bigstevet07 View Post
                      Why get rid of Walker? I understand the cap hit and all, but he still is a very viable number 2. There is no way he'll be the number 1 now that Marshall woke up. I think they need to cut Henry and let young and Hall do the running. They looked a lot more crisp than Henry this year.
                      Because he needs microfacture surgery.

With that kind of lingering, dramatic surgery hanging over a player's head, no way you can keep him.

I guess we understand why he was so ineffective last season...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass View Post
                        Sure when he can actually play.......Marshall > Walker. I do agree though, if healthy Walker would be a great #2.
                        If healthy, Walker would be a great #1.

It doesn't matter what the hell either of them are called.

A #1 option or a #2 option... how about the guy that gets open first?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          Because he needs microfacture surgery.

With that kind of lingering, dramatic surgery hanging over a player's head, no way you can keep him.

I guess we understand why he was so ineffective last season...
                          According to who? I would love a link to PROVE he needs the surgery. It has been nothing but speculation and rumors. If he does prove it to me, if he doesnt please dont say he NEEDS it, say he may need it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                            According to who? I would love a link to PROVE he needs the surgery. It has been nothing but speculation and rumors. If he does prove it to me, if he doesnt please dont say he NEEDS it, say he may need it.
                            Mike Shanahan stated during the press conference that he needs the surgery, but it's likely going to be 2-3 seasons down the road.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              Mike Shanahan stated during the press conference that he needs the surgery, but it's likely going to be 2-3 seasons down the road.

Originally posted by Mike Shanahan
                              “could be two to three years down the line; we really don’t know.”
                              Doesnt really sound like Shanny knows anything for sure. Could be and will have sound very different to me. He also says, WE REALLY DONT KNOW. Which means to me that the team really doesnt know!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X