Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign Wilson, are you sure?

Listen, I love Al as much as anyone here but let's look at he facts:

Al has been out of football for a year w/ a neck injury that got cleared by his own doctor-not a teams if I am correct.

Al is 30 years old, not exacly a spring chicken per say and face it, we are trying to get younger as a team in many positions. How many more good solid years does Al have? 2??? To me, it would be more of this "quick fix" idea that we need to get rid of.

Here is my thing, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sign Vilma or trade for him (not sure what his status is). All I know is that this guy is AWESOME. He played great for the Jets.

Manginne came in and changed schemes-hence his doesn't fit into their system and he is as good as gone next season. "No ifs ands or butts about it". Trust me I know, I live in Jet/Giant land out here in Jersey.

Also he is a born leader already and has youth. He was the face of the Jets D basically since he was drafted. He got injured this year and was put on IR. But he will be back in a big way for whomever he plays for. He is also a team player and humble (not like Briggs, who will demand more $ anyway).

Also he is a MLB, therefore we could put DJ back to his natrual position-correct? This could be 2 really really good solid slots at the LB position for years to come.

Maybe trade Walker or include him in a Jets trade withg a late pick? Something along those lines, assuming Walker is as good as gone as well. The Jets are in need of a "#1WR playmaker"-again, I hear it all the time. Coles is good, but not "that guy".

It all seems to fit for both teams. I think at least, the Jets need to move Vilma why not us take a shot at him.

Either way, trade Javon or not, GET VILMA!

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
    G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FUM Lost
    2007 New York Jets 7 7 43 32 11 0.0 -- 3 1 1 1.0 1 0 -- --
    2006 New York Jets 16 16 113 66 47 0.0 -- 4 1 0 0.0 0 0 -- --
    2005 New York Jets 16 16 169 124 45 0.5 -- 5 1 1 1.0 1 0 1 0
    2004 New York Jets 16 14 107 77 30 2.0 0 2 3 58 19.3 38T 1 -- --
    TOTAL 432 299 133 2.5 0 14 6 60 -- 38 1 1 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by JerseyAdam; 01-10-2008, 07:58 AM.

I guess your so very special that you needed your own thread. There is a thread right above this one talking about the same damn thing. You need to sit in a corner with Javon Walker. Shame on you.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Here's what I know...

Al Wilson was the leader of the defense, period. He's a five time Pro Bowl MLB, and many experts stated that, while he played, he was one of the smartest, most cerebral MLB in the game.

And I know that without him this past season, the defense utterly collapsed.

Given that Teddy Bruschi (sp?) and John Lynch came back from their respective medical issues and played at a phenomenal level all things considered, I have no doubt Al Wilson will be able to, as well, so long as he can pass the team physical and workout.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Here's what I know...

Al Wilson was the leader of the defense, period. He's a five time Pro Bowl MLB, and many experts stated that, while he played, he was one of the smartest, most cerebral MLB in the game.

And I know that without him this past season, the defense utterly collapsed.

Given that Teddy Bruschi (sp?) and John Lynch came back from their respective medical issues and played at a phenomenal level all things considered, I have no doubt Al Wilson will be able to, as well, so long as he can pass the team physical and workout.
        100% Agreed... Al Wilson was an under-rated stud... it showed this year... DJ did what he could at MLB, played okay, but missed waaaay too many gap assignments, the gaps that Al Wilson usually covers that we didn't notice until after this year...

Im up for Vilma, but Al has been with the team for so long and how pumped would our D be if we got him back?

And of course, welcome back Javon ...
        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Sign Wilson are you sure ?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. As for me responding to your thread, no thanks. I will on the one below yours. IF everyone on the thread below is saying bring back Wilson would be amazing and u are the only one saying not too. Makes me wonder if you are from Raider nation.
          peace

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
            Listen, I love Al as much as anyone here but let's look at he facts:

Al has been out of football for a year w/ a neck injury that got cleared by his own doctor-not a teams if I am correct.

Al is 30 years old, not exacly a spring chicken per say and face it, we are trying to get younger as a team in many positions. How many more good solid years does Al have? 2??? To me, it would be more of this "quick fix" idea that we need to get rid of.

Here is my thing, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sign Vilma or trade for him (not sure what his status is). All I know is that this guy is AWESOME. He played great for the Jets.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

Some times I wish you could hit someone over net, dont you?
            Manginne came in and changed schemes-hence his doesn't fit into their system and he is as good as gone next season. "No ifs ands or butts about it". Trust me I know, I live in Jet/Giant land out here in Jersey.

Also he is a born leader already and has youth. He was the face of the Jets D basically since he was drafted. He got injured this year and was put on IR. But he will be back in a big way for whomever he plays for. He is also a team player and humble (not like Briggs, who will demand more $ anyway).

Also he is a MLB, therefore we could put DJ back to his natrual position-correct? This could be 2 really really good solid slots at the LB position for years to come.

Maybe trade Walker or include him in a Jets trade withg a late pick? Something along those lines, assuming Walker is as good as gone as well. The Jets are in need of a "#1WR playmaker"-again, I hear it all the time. Coles is good, but not "that guy".

It all seems to fit for both teams. I think at least, the Jets need to move Vilma why not us take a shot at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303 View Post
              100% Agreed... Al Wilson was an under-rated stud... it showed this year... DJ did what he could at MLB, played okay, but missed waaaay too many gap assignments, the gaps that Al Wilson usually covers that we didn't notice until after this year...

Im up for Vilma, but Al has been with the team for so long and how pumped would our D be if we got him back?

And of course, welcome back Javon ...
              To be honest it was a baptism of fire for DJ and all things considered he did well! Al got to learn behind Smith, Pryce, Traylor and Tanuvasa. DJ got to learn behind Engleberger, Fatty Adams/Alvin McKinley, Amon Gordon/Antwaan Burton/Marcus Thomas and Dumervil.

DJ has all the physical tools to be a great MLB in this league. Mentally he won't be in Wilson's league but he has the athleticism to make up for it. And considering that a) the running lanes were big enough for Mo Clarett to run through and b) the only thing clogging them up was Amon Gordon in the following position:

Is it much that surprising that a "rookie" at MLB missed a few assignments?
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                To be honest it was a baptism of fire for DJ and all things considered he did well! Al got to learn behind Smith, Pryce, Traylor and Tanuvasa. DJ got to learn behind Engleberger, Fatty Adams/Alvin McKinley, Amon Gordon/Antwaan Burton/Marcus Thomas and Dumervil.

DJ has all the physical tools to be a great MLB in this league. Mentally he won't be in Wilson's league but he has the athleticism to make up for it. And considering that a) the running lanes were big enough for Mo Clarett to run through and b) the only thing clogging them up was Amon Gordon in the following position:

Is it much that surprising that a "rookie" at MLB missed a few assignments?
                A lot people said that Michael Vick had the athleticism to make up for being an average to subpar passer.

Look how that turned out...
                sigpic

Comment

Get lost in New Jersey!!!!!

[QUOTE=JerseyAdam;2075500]Listen, I love Al as much as anyone here but let's look at he facts:

I believe we should bring Al back....imagine the leadership and emotion that he would bring back to the locker room. If he came in he would still have to compete for a position like everyone else. The man has the heart of a lion, exactly what this teams needs right now and a never quit attitude. Mentally it would be a major boost for the team, and I'am sure he knows what it takes to make it work! We don't need Vilma! I'd rather draft a young LB and let Wilson be his mentor. Wilson is like family to the Denver fans and I'am sure many of us will love to see him have the oppurtunity to come back and give it his best shot.........So stay in NJ and root for your Jets and you could still have Vilma! BRING AL WILSON BACK TO THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think DJ did well for a first year guy at his position but Id love to have AL back, get em back, nuff said!

Comment

Few things...sorry, didn't see the other thread "Sign Vilma". And yes, I am special is a good way.

Second, I am a huge Al fan but I am looking at this from a logical POV. If you read my post I did say I love Al as much as anyone here, but I gave some points that have to be taken into consideration as well. Youth being a huge point.

What happens in 2 years or so when Al needs tohang it up? Then we are back to square one. That's my point. Please don't include Teddy Bruski (sp?) in this "argument". He plays for the freakin Pats, an unreal team, and had an unreal comeback-still is. Also, it was great he came back and I hope Al does to, wherever he goes. Lynch-let's be honest. THe can still play but not like before

I am not a Raiders fan. Sorry, that's just dumb.

DJ has played well this year. Also well at his natrual position. I'll ask again, why not get a young natrual MLB that is an animal in there and we have a set pair for years to come? Plus he is a team player and leader? I don't get it?

Last, I wouldn't mind Al coming back at all. He is great, but I think Vilma is the real longterm answer. Keep wearing your orange glasses thinking Wilson is gonna play forever, that's all I'm saying, being a realist.

Comment

I believe we should bring Al back....imagine the leadership and emotion that he would bring back to the locker room. If he came in he would still have to compete for a position like everyone else. The man has the heart of a lion, exactly what this teams needs right now and a never quit attitude. Mentally it would be a major boost for the team, and I'am sure he knows what it takes to make it work! We don't need Vilma! I'd rather draft a young LB and let Wilson be his mentor. Wilson is like family to the Denver fans and I'am sure many of us will love to see him have the oppurtunity to come back and give it his best shot.........So stay in NJ and root for your Jets and you could still have Vilma! BRING AL WILSON BACK TO THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Right....I guess you can't root for a team being in another state. So if you grew up in CA you would be a Dolts or Raiders fan by default? Trust me, if we don't want Vilm some other team will, and it will suck watching him go nuts-for another team-most likely in the AFC as well...

Comment

So Bruschi is only playing well because he plays for New England, and his play doesn't make New England's defense better?

Sorry - that's not a valid, fair argument. Bruschi has been a difference maker on that defense, not only for his play, but his leadership. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

As far as John Lynch...he may not be the player he once was back before the injury, but he certainly has helped our defense out, hasn't he?

Like I said...I know there are fans who are really high on DJ Williams. All I can do is defer you to Bill Romanowski's and Alfred Williams' evaluation of his performance this season.

To me, if he can play and pass the physical, it's a no-brainer. Bring him back and give him a shot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            So Bruschi is only playing well because he plays for New England, and his play doesn't make New England's defense better?

Sorry - that's not a valid, fair argument. Bruschi has been a difference maker on that defense, not only for his play, but his leadership. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

As far as John Lynch...he may not be the player he once was back before the injury, but he certainly has helped our defense out, hasn't he?

Like I said...I know there are fans who are really high on DJ Williams. All I can do is defer you to Bill Romanowski's and Alfred Williams' evaluation of his performance this season.

To me, if he can play and pass the physical, it's a no-brainer. Bring him back and give him a shot.

It's a matter of opinion. I never said he "stunk" or anything like that, but there D is well rounded-making other players better. Look at our CB's-our D line stinks overall and our corners suffered. It's the way it works..."I don't know what to tell you". Yes, I do have a valid point.

Hey, whatever guys, you wanna pass up on the Vilma idea, that's fine. Wilson comes back, that's fine to. I just think Vilma is a longer term fit (barring injury of course, no one can see that) and Vilma has all the intangibles Wilson does. I've seen Vilma play for years and Wilson, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, or a Raider fan or bla bla.

It's cool though.

Comment

Love Al for what he did here, but it's time to move on. I wouldn't be mad if he came back, but I don't think it's a step in the right direction unless his role is limited. While we're at it, Gold needs to GO.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X