Sign Wilson, are you sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    It's a matter of opinion. I never said he "stunk" or anything like that, but there D is well rounded-making other players better. Look at our CB's-our D line stinks overall and our corners suffered. It's the way it works..."I don't know what to tell you". Yes, I do have a valid point.

Hey, whatever guys, you wanna pass up on the Vilma idea, that's fine. Wilson comes back, that's fine to. I just think Vilma is a longer term fit (barring injury of course, no one can see that) and Vilma has all the intangibles Wilson does. I've seen Vilma play for years and Wilson, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, or a Raider fan or bla bla.

It's cool though.
    And you don't think that Al Wilson can be a difference maker or make our defense better?

You may not realize or remember, but the Patriots defense had sunk to about average - especially against the run - without Bruschi. When he came back, they still struggled somewhat because he came back the following season. But they've been consistently good and even great once he played a full season.

Like I said...if you have doubts about Wilson, fine. I saw how this defense was without the guy, and if they can bring him back and he can play at even 80-85% of the level we're used to seeing...then that willl be a HUGE difference maker on defense.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok Ok, I understand. You love al Wilson and are partial to him. I'm looking at it from a future of the team stand point. al brings GREAT things to us, but for how long? Vilam can bring GREAT things for us for years and years to come.

All I'm saying, plain and simple, Vilma can do the same thing Al could do-if not better at this point in their careers, and Vilma has youth on his side-therefore leading to DJ moving back to a position we alreadyknow he plays great and Vilma playing his natrual position he plays great at as well, and for years to come

I want this team to be better as well, as do you. We just differ on this subject.

Whatever, I just keep repeating myself. I just see a guy out there who is younger and proven leader and animal at LB. I must be totally off base then...

Comment

Vilmas knee scares me every bit as much as ALs neck. i would rather bring back Wilson and draft our next great LB.
        2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

How many times did we look confused right before the snap, have too many players on the field, have too few players on the field, or totally blow defensive assignments.

I think Wilson's leadership and defensive command, plus Slowik returning us to our normal defensive arrangement, could be a significant improvement.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

So we are better off in your opinion with the guy that has a bum knee than with the guy that has a bum neck....OK gotcha.

Al Wilson, if nothing would get a small salary with alot of incentives and would come probably cheap. I would much rather give him a shot.

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by NVBroncfan View Post
              Vilmas knee scares me every bit as much as ALs neck. i would rather bring back Wilson and draft our next great LB.
              Bingo, bango, bongo!!! I get the idea of lets invest in some youth but I think we need to be very cautious when considering big price free agents coming off of injuries. Not everyone will end up being a Lynch- we're seeing the ramifications of that with Javon.

Comment

I don't know why people think we will get Al for cheap if we get him. Think about it, he knows he's getting up there. He'll want the most guaranteed money as possible and believe me, there are teams that are interested.

Let's take advantage of a deep linebacker draft and usher in the new generation.

Comment

Of course, assuming Vilma's knee is fine and is cleared...hello? You think I want Denver to go after a guy that's gonna break down?

So tell me, Wilson-out for a year, neck surgery, didn't get cleared by Giants, now cleared by his doctor.

...Vilma, out this year on IR. Thought to have micro surgery, but seems to be he didn't, removal of loose bone fragments. On Jets side line after surgery, with no crutches recovering well.

But Wilson is the better bet? Like, c'mon guys. "bing bam bomb" What are you talking about?

Really, take off the orange and blue glasses. Please. I just don't get it. It's laughable at this point.

Point blank-Vilma or Wilson healthy, and you want Wilson. I love the guy to, but I love the team more. Sorry, gotta go with Vilma.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
                    How many times did we look confused right before the snap, have too many players on the field, have too few players on the field, or totally blow defensive assignments.

I think Wilson's leadership and defensive command, plus Slowik returning us to our normal defensive arrangement, could be a significant improvement.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                    It's not the MLB's job to make sure there aren't too many players on the field. That falls to the DC. As do blown assignments.
                    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                      It's not the MLB's job to make sure there aren't too many players on the field. That falls to the DC. As do blown assignments.
                      It does off the field, but the on-field leader such as Lynch, Wilson, etc, those guys make the job a lot easier for the D coordinator.. Now I do agree it was time for Coyer to go, but his Defense did work on several other teams.. just one of those things it didn't work here..

DJ did play well, but not that great.. I agree, if he had the smarts of Al Wilson, and knew where he had to be at the right time, then I wouldn't have a problem.. but we need a true MLB in there and move DJ back to his outside where its honestly less thinking and more speed..
                      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Working...
                      X