Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Childress sees more promise in Tarvaris than Cutler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Childress sees more promise in Tarvaris than Cutler?

I just saw on NFL Network that Brad Childress thinks Tarvaris Jackson has more promise in him because he has a winning record. Seriously? He's really going to use that argument? He says he got the more promising QB from the '06 draft because of the W/L record now.

Give Jay Cutler the #1 rushing offense in the league and watch him succeed.

The glare off his head is blinding him.
    In Manning I trust.

Comment

No Beast the head coch of Tarvaris is going to say his QB has less promise than another QB........of course that would help with Jackson's confidence. Its the smartest thins a head coach could possibly do.

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
      2) Devin Thomas
      4) Frank Okam
      4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
      2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
      4) Frank Okam
      4) Beau Bell

Comment

Doesn't he coach the Vikings??? What would you expect him to say?? This is no big deal, its a coach supporting his QB. So what?

Comment

lol

I mean, seriously, Tavaris Jackson?

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

what

tarvaris crackson cant even make the type of passes that cutler can make and isnt cutler better then him in like every catogory well maybe not rushing but every thing else. Childress sounds like an idiot is that why they didnt make the playoffs eather. no its because cutler and his team smashed any chance they had.

Comment

ive come to the conclussion people use the win lose thing when the QB in question is not very good . . . . .see vick, young, rivers, and apparently now jackson
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Check out this extremely biased article about Jackson and Cutler:

http://www.blackathlete.net/artman2/...est_Hope.shtml

MINNESOTA -- Mike Shanahan has been coaching the Denver Broncos for 13 seasons. He brought the franchise its two Super Bowl championships.

The last of those came in 1998. The Broncos have been in the playoffs four times in the nine seasons since then, and they have won a single playoff game.

It doesn't seem to matter. Shanahan still is treated as an imperial presence. He gets cushy treatment in the media, and the public accepts his football pronouncements as though handed down on tablets.

That means, when Shanahan offers a glossy view of second-year quarterback Jay Cutler, people choose to believe him rather than what they saw in 2007 with their lyin' eyes.

"Overall for him to play the way he did was certainly a credit to him," Shanahan said after Sunday's 22-19 overtime victory over the Vikings. "I think we have one heck of a quarterback for the future. I think that was evident in the way he played this year."

Hold on there, pilgrim.

Why is it that Shanahan can get away with advertising his second-year quarterback as a cinch to be a star after he showed many flaws in a 7-9 season, and when Brad Childress gets around to announcing that he's going to stick with his second-year quarterback (8-4 as a 2007 starter), VikesWorld is going to flip out?

We saw both of these products of the 2006 draft on the field for Sunday's finale. Anyone who can say they saw much more potential in Cutler than they did in Tarvaris Jackson has been brainwashed by the Shanahan media machine that has a national reach.

Cutler has moments of indecision and can throw into triple-coverage with the best of them. What he does have at his disposal is Brandon Marshall, a rising superstar at receiver.

Cutler also had the advantage of playing at Vanderbilt against an SEC schedule. When you're playing quarterback for lowly Vanderbilt in this country's next best league to the NFL, you come into the pros with experience at handling adversity.

Jackson didn't bring that with him from Alabama State. It's clear that in Division I-AA he didn't spend much time worrying about making the correct step up in the pocket to get away a throw.

That's when we've seen Jackson at his worst -- when he's trying to stick with the play ordered from the sideline, the primary receiver is covered, and now it's time to find options 2 or 3 as defenders close in on him.

His ugliest interceptions have been those floaters after he stepped toward traffic rather than away from it.

This 24-year-old has enough arm, enough mobility and enough competitiveness to be an above-average NFL starter. Can he add the pocket presence that would give the Vikings a proficient passing game to go with a top-echelon running game?

There's no answer yet, but Jackson showed enough over the second half of the schedule that he deserves a chance to find that vital ingredient next season.

That was a determined, talented football player who led the Vikings on those two touchdown drives in Sunday's final eight minutes. We had seen him do well previously at desperation time.

Doesn't this tell us that Childress could get Jackson in a playmaking mode much earlier if he would go away from the stodgy West Crawl and put Jackson in a no-huddle for a series or two in future first halves?

Asked about Jackson's effort in Sunday's fast-break offense, center Matt Birk said: "He conducts himself real well in those situations. But you know what? I like the way he conducts himself throughout a game. He's going to keep getting better."

Jackson's improvement is the best quarterback hope for the 2008 Vikings, when you consider the following:

Philadelphia is not going to trade Donovan McNabb after his spectacular finish to this season. Cleveland is not going to allow Derek Anderson to leave when it has no indication that Brady Quinn can play. That means the best of the readily available veterans could be Daunte Culpepper.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  ive come to the conclussion people use the win lose thing when the QB in question is not very good . . . . .see vick, young, rivers, and apparently now jackson
                  except for when its used when talking about Elway

Comment

C'mon, what do expect the head coach to do, say his QB is not very good ??
                    Any good coach is gonna stand up for his guys, better or not !!
                    sigpic

Comment

childress is a moron

I live in Minnesota, so believe me when I say that Childress is a moron. Jackson is terrible, everyone in the state knows it. The only reason they were anywhere near competitive this year is because of Adrian Peterson. Jackson not only will not be a starter in 2 years, he'll probably be out of the NFL.

Cutler is 100 times better than Jackson and getting better. Jackson is as good right now as he is ever going to be.

Comment

That article is racist. Completely racist. It's just under the surface, and though he doesn't come out and say that Tarvaris Jackson doesn't get respect because he's black, instead choosing the term "Shanahan Media machine" (I didn't know Shanahan had one of those! I want a ride!), it's just under the surface.

I don't care if a quarterback is black, white or purple. if he can play, he can play.

Jay Cutler can play.

Tarvaris Jackson? Not sold. He looked pretty damn good in the last couple minutes against Denver.
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

I'm not sure about winning %, but isn't Cutler 5-0 against the rest of the '06 rookie class?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            I'm not sure about winning %, but isn't Cutler 5-0 against the rest of the '06 rookie class?
                            I believe so. Which is impressive because I think at least two of those teams are way better than the Broncos. WAY better.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
                              I believe so. Which is impressive because I think at least two of those teams are way better than the Broncos. WAY better.
                              Yeah.

He's 2-0 against Croyle.

He's 1-0 against Leinhart.

He's 1-0 against Young.

He's 1-0 against Jackson.

I think that's all the ones he's played against thus far. So yeah, he's 5-0 against them.

I'd take Cutler over any of those QBs by far.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X