walker and henry will be back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Pryce was released right before a salary jump, just like Walker is about to get. Warren was traded away, and so was Al Wilson. Darryl Gardner obviously forced his drop from the team.

Either case, none aer the same situation as with Henry. Its possible that we try and get him to lower his salary, or release him after june 1st so that his signing bonus is distributed over '08 and '09.... but that seems pretty silly when you could have him on the roster for that same cash, as a solid back-up to teh player we draft in the first round (laughs, I've jumped on that bandwagon).

I admit that I don't know what Henry's 'salary' is on top of his signing bonus hit..... and possibly that could be lowered, but either way, it seems more likely that Henry stays and Walker is gone.
    Well...we tried to trade Al Wilson. But he failed his physical and his rights reverted back to us, and we had to release him and take the cap hit.

And Brian Griese was two years into his new, big contract before he was gone. And as I've stated, there's not one player that I can think of that we signed, underperformed here, and we kept because of cap issues. It seems we've been good about being able to rid ourselves of underperformers through the years, so I'm guessing we're pretty good about how we handle our contracts.

I'm not a cap expert. The cap and draft are not my strenghts of football knowledge. And all the experts seem completely conflicted as to how releasing/trading them will impact our cap. But I do agree with you on this - it's more likley Henry is a Bronco next season than Javon.
    sigpic

Comment

Travis Henry's contract

You can check Henry's contract figures here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2271

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
        You can check Henry's contract figures here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2271
        Maybe I'm misreading something...but it appears to me that, for 2008, Henry isn't due much of anything, and it would appear to be the right time to cut him, if we're ever going to...
        sigpic

Comment

We would have the guaranteed money that would hit the cap. 12 million over a five year contract works out ot 2.4 million per year. He has played 1 year.

If we let him go the rest of the guaranteed money is accelerated to count against the cap. Even if you made him a June first cut you would have about 2.4 million this year and the rest next year.

We've hooked our wagon to him. We might as well ride it one more year. If he gets a drug suspension the Broncos are 6 million richer for it. Shanahan must have really believed what Henry told him for the organization to pass up 6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
            We would have the guaranteed money that would hit the cap. 12 million over a five year contract works out ot 2.4 million per year. He has played 1 year.

If we let him go the rest of the guaranteed money is accelerated to count against the cap. Even if you made him a June first cut you would have about 2.4 million this year and the rest next year.

We've hooked our wagon to him. We might as well ride it one more year. If he gets a drug suspension the Broncos are 6 million richer for it. Shanahan must have really believed what Henry told him for the organization to pass up 6 million.
            But looking at those numbers, he's due an incredible amount in '09 that, I would have to imagine, would severely hit our cap that year, as well. And you also have to figure that by '09, we're going to have to start giving larger contracts to players like Marshall, Dumervil, and others.

From what I understand, we're screwed on the bonus regardless. So wouldn't it make much more sense to cut him now while his base salary is low, than to wait next year when it increases?
            sigpic

Comment

please say its not true

Originally posted by broncos9697 View Post
              I really think that walker will be back as a bronco next season he wants to be here...
              and henry shanny will look him over and make the final say so and he will be back next season heathly...thats good news I think asa bronco fan now we can save a draft pick by not going after a RB and work on our def..I do see a few WR being drafted the first one in the 3rd round...so look forward to next season because they will put up a 12 win game season..
              If either of these salary drains is back then we will not even sniff double digit wins next year! We need players that play, not overpaid bench warmers and running suit models.
              It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                That Shanahan gave every indication that both guys are gone in the offseason - Javon for health reasons, Henry for cap reasons.
                Did you mean crap not cap? Travis Henry is too damn slow for my liking and needs to go. Selvin Young is pretty damn good but needs too get mork bulk. I would love to have Javon Walker back but I doubt it'll happen. But that's just what I think but we'll see.
                sigpic
                In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Working...
                X