Marcus Thomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

He's an athletic freak who excels more in pass rushing then run stopping.
    No doubting that, hes the one that does those back flips as warm ups.

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
    That would be wonderful, but impossible. since he was drafted in 2007
    LOL
    Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

Comment

i honestly hope that thomas isn't starting next year.

my reasoning; hopefully thomas makes all the 2nd year advances that we all expect him to and becomes a very solid DT.

hopefully we bring in 2 other guys who are so good that thomas is bumped to a rotational role (for now, i'd love for him to become an elite DT)

that being said, i don't see that happening and expect marcus to start next year. i think he will do good for the same reasons that others have already mentioned.

a big space eating DT would be very nice to have, but i'm not sure if that's what we are after anymore with bates gone. if that's true i wouldn't mind a DT in round 1 or 2 (ellis or balmer etc) that are more known for getting penetration, and a guy like corey williams in FA. it's nice to have a good nose tackle, but to me it looks like frank okam is the only NT that has a chance to contribute early and be available to us?

(when reading this, keep in mind that i don't really know all that much )

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Marcus Thomas showed he belongs in the league. He does need help though. I agree that he's not the run stuffer we are looking for BUT he's the middle pressure guy we want. We almost have the complete package on the D line. It amazes me though that the lack of that one person/position hurt us that badly. I do wonder how a good pick-up there will fix it all. From the look of things around the league I think this is a problem we will have to address in the draft though and not through FA. I haven't heard anything about DT in FA but regardless I don't think we could afford it with our cap issues. From what I could tell from the Bowl games this year and seeing alot of SEC football this year I think there are potential steals in this draft. If we have a good DT with good size and strength that can push the pocket back one hold 2 blockers I think we will be ok on the D-line. That should free up the rest of the defense to do what they need to do instead of committing 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run.

Comment

i think if we have a choice between a run stuffing tackle and a pass rushing tackle, go with the pass rusher. because i think the best way to fix the run defense is to fix the offense first. teams won't run as much when they're behind. which is an ideal position for us.
          Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post
            i honestly hope that thomas isn't starting next year.

my reasoning; hopefully thomas makes all the 2nd year advances that we all expect him to and becomes a very solid DT.

hopefully we bring in 2 other guys who are so good that thomas is bumped to a rotational role (for now, i'd love for him to become an elite DT)

that being said, i don't see that happening and expect marcus to start next year. i think he will do good for the same reasons that others have already mentioned.

a big space eating DT would be very nice to have, but i'm not sure if that's what we are after anymore with bates gone. if that's true i wouldn't mind a DT in round 1 or 2 (ellis or balmer etc) that are more known for getting penetration, and a guy like corey williams in FA. it's nice to have a good nose tackle, but to me it looks like frank okam is the only NT that has a chance to contribute early and be available to us?

(when reading this, keep in mind that i don't really know all that much )
            I would think that any 4-3 defense could use a true nose tackle. IMO the DT out of Texas A & M- Red Bryant could do the job.

I would use Thomas at the 3 technique tackle. If we picked up Corey Williams we would have the same package that Thomas offers but with more experience. . . and that ain't all bad.

I would hope that we all agree that even this new scheme defense is badly in need D-tackles.

Comment

While I agree that the difference between year one and year two is generally huge for a DT, I don't think that's a guarantee that Thomas will become a great player. What exactly did some of you see to make such predictions?

The guy showed some occasional flashes but we still don't know for sure that he can become a dominant player. But I'll sure keep my fingers crossed. Is it August yet?
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                While I agree that the difference between year one and year two is generally huge for a DT, I don't think that's a guarantee that Thomas will become a great player. What exactly did some of you see to make such predictions?

The guy showed some occasional flashes but we still don't know for sure that he can become a dominant player. But I'll sure keep my fingers crossed. Is it August yet?
                With Marcus getting a huge amount of experience for a rookie D-tackle this year, I think that his growth curve should have a more drastic increase over the normal rookie. If he was paired with a true nose tackle and Slo brings his blitzes, Thomas would have more freedom to do what he did in college and that is to collapse the pocket.

I would think that having missed his senior year of college this off season should do wonders for his strength and conditioning. IMO he will be back- bigger, stronger, and quicker than he was this last year.

All my projections, however, are based upon the aquisition of a solid nose tackle. This will be my forth year in a row of hoping for a first or second round D-tackle. It didn't happen any of those other three years. Does that mean by probability alone that this is the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                  With Marcus getting a huge amount of experience for a rookie D-tackle this year, I think that his growth curve should have a more drastic increase over the normal rookie. If he was paired with a true nose tackle and Slo brings his blitzes, Thomas would have more freedom to do what he did in college and that is to collapse the pocket.

I would think that having missed his senior year of college this off season should do wonders for his strength and conditioning. IMO he will be back- bigger, stronger, and quicker than he was this last year.

All my projections, however, are based upon the aquisition of a solid nose tackle. This will be my forth year in a row of hoping for a first or second round D-tackle. It didn't happen any of those other three years. Does that mean by probability alone that this is the year?

I am with ya Dean, if we bring in someone to pair with Thomas it will only make them both better.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

i think that he goin to start and suprise a lot of ppl but i also think that we will draft or pick up a DT FA to start along side of him
                    sigpic
                    Soon to be Pro Bowler!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                      Does that mean by probability alone that this is the year?
                      with shanahan like i've said before he looks like he concentrates on certain positions yearly and kinda builds a team slowly over a few years instead of all at once. so we might be due to go after a real great defensive tackle.
                      Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                      Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                        so we might be due to go after a real great defensive tackle.
                        As spcdlee02 stated, hopefully the DT will fix and everything will start to gel.
                        Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

Comment

Working...
                        X