No announcement yet.

Article on Shanahan and his "Mastery?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one problem that hasn't been addressed is the lack of a good, big fullback. I'm not saying that the O-line isn't a problem but some of there shortcoming could come with a dominant fullback. Howard Griffith was the last good one we had.
    Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
      I think one problem that hasn't been addressed is the lack of a good, big fullback. I'm not saying that the O-line isn't a problem but some of there shortcoming could come with a dominant fullback. Howard Griffith was the last good one we had.
      Thoughts?
      I agree.

I'm so tired seeing running backs "converted" to full back.

It hasn't worked out with any players that were converted..

It kinda worked out with Anderson, but not really.

Watching Cecil Sapp take on a bigger linebacker hurts my eyes. He doesn't have that FB hammer head mentality.

Truthfully, although he wasn't a beast, I would've stuck with Kyle Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        I agree.

I'm so tired seeing running backs "converted" to full back.

It hasn't worked out with any players that were converted..

It kinda worked out with Anderson, but not really.

Watching Cecil Sapp take on a bigger linebacker hurts my eyes. He doesn't have that FB hammer head mentality.

Truthfully, although he wasn't a beast, I would've stuck with Kyle Johnson.

I agree, but I think now we need to look at getting a beast. With that said I'd like to see this addressed in the draft this year as well. I think we could look into the later rounds for a good one considering the FB in a college running scheme never gets the publicity as the tailback he's blocking for. Seems to me we could get a bargain late first day or second day, possibly even as a undrafted free agent. One of the many needs we need to address. It's scary what this team is capable of on both sides of the ball with a few RIGHT moves this time instead of all the wrong moves we've made as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          I personally think its the other way around. I think he IS a great coach, and that is why we have succeeded as much as we have despite not having great talent.
          how have we succeeded? We did win those two sbs! Grandted I give you that! But honestly that was Elway, and the rest of them. Shanny only had to let the team run with what they knew and how well they worked together.

What has Shanny done since then, other then pick some great players?
          Last edited by lilsstinkr; 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
            Thoughts?
            Like I said with some modifications!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684 View Post
              noone thought cleveland would be any good this year after there 1st game but they won 10 games and shoulda made the play-offs....you cant tell from right now whos gonna make it in the play-offs next year. as bad as we were this year we blew 3 games that woulda made us a 10 win team...could you just think next year if were a good team and dont blow games we shoulda had? you guys can talk about shanny not being good all you want....but since hes been the coach here in denver find me a team with more wins....you might find one and that MIGHT be the colts or pats but i even doubt that cuz they sucked in the 90s.
              I'm not telling anyone who will make the playoffs next year. I'm stating my opinion on why I don't think they will. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

The good teams don't blow games, they finish them. I could go around to all the mid level teams and find a handful of games they should have won. Big deal.

I never said Shanny wasn't any good. Like you said, he's done a great job building a team that competes in the regular season. The playoffs however, are an entirely different story. Nobody cares what anybody did 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X