More on Al Wilson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    I would love to have Wilson back but it boils down to one thing....

MONEY

I don't think we would bring him back if he wanted to much of it....
    Yeah, you got a point. The Broncos are already giving BIG money to Bly, Bailey, Graham, etc. It all depends on if Al really has a disire to come back to his home team. He might want to go in a different direction and be on some other team. For now, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Wow...a post in which I concede that I may have jumped the gun on the whole Al Wilson debate, show some humility, and admit a mistake, and you still have to be insulting.

I'll just say that my experience for evaluating LBs is probably as keen and equitable to yours.
      No no.. not insulting. I actually meant to put on in there that it was just ironic, in a sense, that you are backing off on a stance then ask us to "trust you."

I guess its a funny thing to say. You give your opinion on a player... and its "trust me, I know a few things." I mean.. aren't you ASKING to show just how much you 'know?'

I just found it odd. I found it out of place. I found it strange that you would give your opinion on DJ Williams (who you continue to insist is a WILL) and tell us to trust you, because you 'do know a few things.' Thats just.... odd... mojo.

That in THis thread, the one that you are saying that you might have a made a mistake in saying that its a "no brainer" to bring in Wilson....that you are then saying "trust you because you do know a few things." I guess it just didn't fit you. It didn't fit your posting style.. and it didn't fit your personality. This kind of statement is what I would expect from "Lava" and not from you.

As far as you saying that you can evaluate LBs as good as I can... *shrugs*..... so?? I'm not bragging on my evaluation talents, but you are on yours... right? After all, we are supposed to trust your knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        No no.. not insulting. I actually meant to put on in there that it was just ironic, in a sense, that you are backing off on a stance then ask us to "trust you."

I guess its a funny thing to say. You give your opinion on a player... and its "trust me, I know a few things." I mean.. aren't you ASKING to show just how much you 'know?'

I just found it odd. I found it out of place. I found it strange that you would give your opinion on DJ Williams (who you continue to insist is a WILL) and tell us to trust you, because you 'do know a few things.' Thats just.... odd... mojo.

That in THis thread, the one that you are saying that you might have a made a mistake in saying that its a "no brainer" to bring in Wilson....that you are then saying "trust you because you do know a few things." I guess it just didn't fit you. It didn't fit your posting style.. and it didn't fit your personality. This kind of statement is what I would expect from "Lava" and not from you.

As far as you saying that you can evaluate LBs as good as I can... *shrugs*..... so?? I'm not bragging on my evaluation talents, but you are on yours... right? After all, we are supposed to trust your knowledge.
        I was wrong about Al in the sense that I allowed my emotion on him possibly returning here cloud my logical sense in how unlikely and improbable that really was.

However, I've been strong on my stance when it comes to DJ in the middle, and I think Shanahan's statements regarding his performance support my viewpoint more than it supports those who believe he should have been in the Pro Bowl.

Having said that, it was probably a poor choice of words to say 'trust me' like I did. The point I was trying to make, however, is that I'm not an idiot when it comes to football, and I'm intelligent enough to be able to assess whether a player is playing well or whether they're not, based on what I see. Now obviously, I could be wrong and I'll eat crow if I am. But I would think if DJ was as good in the middle as some of his stronger proponents claim he was, Shanahan would have given him a much stronger vote of confidence than what he ultimately gave him yesterday, which was essentially 'well, he didn't suck...'
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          But I would think if DJ was as good in the middle as some of his stronger proponents claim he was, Shanahan would have given him a much stronger vote of confidence than what he ultimately gave him yesterday, which was essentially 'well, he didn't suck...'
          Yeah.. thats what I got out of the press conference as well when he was asked about DJ. In fact, I thought to myself as soon as he said it "well, I see DJ being moved back outside this coming season." It was pretty clear, to me anyway, that Shanahan saying "he did some really good things this year" didn't come across as him saying "DJ did an outstanding job this year." I think he would have said something closer to the latter had he felt DJ did well enough to keep his job.

Like you said, we could be wrong, but I'm not going to be "shocked" if he's moved outside again. That being said, I won't be shocked if he stays in the middle either. DJ did play a completely new position, and most likely Shanahan hasn't had time to really go back and evaluate each player's film with the coordinator to determine jsut how good or bad he did this season. So his initial reaction may change later on that.

I personally have mixed feelings with DJ. I don't think he is a natural WILL, and feel that he's too good of a player to waste on the SAM. He is an extremely talented athlete, and we need to keep him going after that ball. So MIKE is the absolute best spot for him. I know moving to MIKE in the NFL is a TOUGH thing to do, so I'm not willing to say he didn't do well. I'm saying he did well considering his lack of experience there, and the 'learning on the job' thing in the NFL..... is the hardest thing to do for anyone. Not only does it show immediately, but you have 80,000 fans just WATCHING you, then the other millions on TV watching you, and the media writing about you... while LEARNING. Thats so tough.

People want to complain about DJ not being a vocal leader (although they complained about that with Cutler too, I think thats just another lame thing to complain about).... but being that 'vocal' leader comes with comfort and confidence.

Comment

I said it before and I will say it agian, the way the Shanny Broncos dumped AL rubbed people the wrong way. I would be shocked if the man wanted to come back and play here, absolutly shocked.

I wish him the best where ever he goes though (Im thinking NE). He was a great player and leader, something this team sorely needed/needs

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
              I said it before and I will say it agian, the way the Shanny Broncos dumped AL rubbed people the wrong way. I would be shocked if the man wanted to come back and play here, absolutly shocked.

I wish him the best where ever he goes though (Im thinking NE). He was a great player and leader, something this team sorely needed/needs
              The NFL is a business. Al Wilson understands that. He's not going to turn down Denver because he resents what they did to him. If he goes somewhere else, it will be because they offered more money, not because he resents Denver.

Comment

Had I not heard some of Al Wilson's comments since the incident I would've suspected that he did indeed have some resentment towards the organization. But as I implied, he's said he would like to return to the Broncos. Really it's about the desire on our side to sign him. Starting with whether we even bring him in or not and ending with how much money we're willing to offer. Not to mention, somewhere in the middle we have to decide how much of it is incentive based and how much of it is up front.

Comment

The organization might not even be interested in bringing him back. I think he would love to come back here, but they just aren\'t interested. We\'ll see.

Comment

If so, When can we sign him?

If wanted, when can the Broncos bring him in and sign him if he could pass the team physical? Can they do it now, or do they have to wait until the season is over?

Comment

Al wilson is what we need on our D leadership and look what he can do to get the D hyped up.
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=fuLUN17QznA

Comment

I think if we can sign em, we need to asap. He understands its a business and NO ONE, no matter where u work will keep u around if u cant be worth anything right? So I hope Al considers us first cause his HOME is here, so hopefully Shanny does some good butt kissing and presents em with a role and a salary they both agree on

Comment

I'd expect some sort or underlying bitterness from the Wilson side. I really don't see him here next season but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
                            I would love to have Wilson back but it boils down to one thing....

MONEY

I don't think we would bring him back if he wanted to much of it....
                            but than again he created his rep in denver he is a monster he will take the pay cut if they need it we dont need graham no more he proved that he is worthless if he cant catch a ball scheffler is the real deal we only kept graham for one reason that is for him to make a distraction for scheffler to get open graham suppposely the big guy on campus but did nothing the point is al will come back and take that middle again dj is to small for the position and if al doesnt win it i believe we should put webster in the middle that is his natural position and he is dam good at covering the run especially if al is helping him

Comment

Originally posted by ballin801 View Post
                              but than again he created his rep in denver he is a monster he will take the pay cut if they need it we dont need graham no more he proved that he is worthless if he cant catch a ball scheffler is the real deal we only kept graham for one reason that is for him to make a distraction for scheffler to get open graham suppposely the big guy on campus but did nothing the point is al will come back and take that middle again dj is to small for the position and if al doesnt win it i believe we should put webster in the middle that is his natural position and he is dam good at covering the run especially if al is helping him
                              You don't know half of what you're talking about. Graham's value is not in his ability to just catch but his ability to protect Jay Cutler's A$$ and open holes for [insert name here] running back.

Comment

Originally posted by ballin801 View Post
                                Dude, get real. We're not cutting Graham, and the guy is a BEAST when it comes to blocking. I shudder to think how injured Cutler might have been this year without Graham throwing blocks the way he did.

Did we overpay? Oh hell yeah. But the guy can play. Hopefully we'll get more out of him in the way of catches next season.
                                In Manning I trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X