No announcement yet.

More on Al Wilson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Al comes back to Denver.I see no bitterness for Al not to return to us.Recently, i recall Al talking some free agents into coming to Denver.

It also would help us with the draft if he decides to return,DT position would be all we need on with Brandan and Al's return.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
      Dude, get real. We're not cutting Graham, and the guy is a BEAST when it comes to blocking. I shudder to think how injured Cutler might have been this year without Graham throwing blocks the way he did.

Did we overpay? Oh hell yeah. But the guy can play. Hopefully we'll get more out of him in the way of catches next season.

You can't make catches when you are staying to help the O-line protect the QB. Unless they improve a great deal Graham's number still won't be called to run pass routes. It's sad but true.
      Last edited by Dean; 01-11-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Wilson will not be coming back....he did not leave on great terms (ala Trevor Pryce) with Shanahan. Shanahan can be extremely cold and calculating, and the players know it. There is no love lost there, and I would guess that Wilson would just as soon play elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ballin801 View Post
          but than again he created his rep in denver he is a monster he will take the pay cut if they need it we dont need graham no more he proved that he is worthless if he cant catch a ball scheffler is the real deal we only kept graham for one reason that is for him to make a distraction for scheffler to get open graham suppposely the big guy on campus but did nothing the point is al will come back and take that middle again dj is to small for the position and if al doesnt win it i believe we should put webster in the middle that is his natural position and he is dam good at covering the run especially if al is helping him
          What are you 12?

Seriously, this is the worst post I've seen in a long time. No logic. No spelling or punctuation. One long run-on sentence. Doesn't bother to capitalize proper names. How on earth do you expect anybody to take you seriously with this pitiful effort?

I'd give you an "F" for that and make you re-write it!

Then I look up and *of course* lifetime 2 posts. They really just let anybody throw their 10 cents in here no matter how absurd.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
            You can't make catches when you are staying help the O-line protect the QB. Unless they improve a great deal Graham's number still won't be called to run pass routes. It's sad but true.
            I need to quote that and just really hope all these people that think our tackles did well will read it.
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
              You can't make catches when you are staying help the O-line protect the QB. Unless they improve a great deal Graham's number still won't be called to run pass routes. It's sad but true.
              Thats the TRUTH! Did you see how Cutler was sacked 9 times in the two games Graham was gone?? People want to know just how valuable Graham was to our offense, but fail to watch how AWEFUL it looked without him at the LoS.

Comment

i want to reserve judgement until two things happen

a few local area doctors look at him, all clear him, and a bronco physician clears him as well. can't be too safe with this.

and second, i want to see what he does on the field. by gut says right now he won't be as good as dj, but he could take nate or ians spot. but i want to wait and see.
                Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Well, here's something from that interview with Shanahan for those of you still holding out hope for Al Wilson to come back: "I wish Al the best. He was a great player and leader for this organization for a lot of years." - Mike Shanahan.

Now, if that isn't the kiss of death I don't know what is.

Say goodbye to your Al obsessions!
                  sigpic

Comment

People honestly believe that TE's are just there to catch the ball.

Graham is an invaluable blocker that is also a real threat catching the ball......He's one of the most complete TE's in the league, and if the offensive line didn't need so much help, you'd all be huggin his junk.

The Broncos are set at the TE position, ya'll need to find something else to project your frustrations onto.

The Broncos are getting everything they've asked of him......

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      ...to a certain degree.

. . .

I also maintain that I'm still not sold on DJ in the middle, and for all the strong proponents who claim it is a natural fit and that he was so fantastic there this past season, I defer you to Mike Shanahan's statements yesterday, in which it was clear that even he is not sure whether or not DJ can work in the middle long-term, and didn't really give him a vote of confidence that he'll be in that position next season. Basically, Denver will look into upgrading that position through the draft or free agency, and if they can't, then DJ will pretty much be there by default. Hopefully it works out, but I'm telling you all that it takes much more than athleticism and talent to be a quality MLB in the NFL.

Trust me - I do know a thing or two.
                      Actually, I don't think you do. If you are referring to Shanahan's press conference, which is the only recent statement by him from which you could have gathered that information, then you really are misguided.

As both I and MUG and others pointed out in several threads, Shanahan did NOT question D.J.'s performance at MLB and say that he was "perhaps out of position."

That was some idiot reporter's QUESTION. And Shanahan did not answer it. He immediately started talking about the draft and defending his drafting over the years.

He said NOTHING about D.J. -- didn't even think that reporters comment was worth mentioning, if he even heard it.

D.J. is staying at MLB and he'll be fine. Nothing that Shanahan or anybody connected with the Broncos has said has given the slightest indication they are unhappy with D.J. or want to move him from MLB.

The ONLY people who have speculated about that are a bunch of fans and some extremely stupid and ignorant sports-writers. NOBODY from the Broncos organization has said anything about it.

As for Al Wilson, the fans's expectations are truly irrelevant to the issue. Both I and MUG have all pointed out in endless detail exactly why it is wildly unlikely that Al Wilson will be back.

The only statements from Wilson's agent point directly towards Al seeking to find employment with another team.

So, you're abandoning a position that had no discernible basis in reality to begin with.

Al isn't thrilled with the Broncos organization or Shanahan.
                      Shanahan was unhappy with Al's play before his injury and tried to trade him.

What part of that isn't clear. Shanahan DOESN'T WANT HIM!

The injury has NOTHING to do with it. At the time of the trade, Shanahan thought - as Al himself thought, that the injury was a temporary problem, and that Al would pass the NY Giants' physical and play for NY this season.

He ain't comin' back and he ain't comin' back and he ain't comin back! Get used to it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        People honestly believe that TE's are just there to catch the ball.

Graham is an invaluable blocker that is also a real threat catching the ball......He's one of the most complete TE's in the league, and if the offensive line didn't need so much help, you'd all be huggin his junk.

The Broncos are set at the TE position, ya'll need to find something else to project your frustrations onto.

The Broncos are getting everything they've asked of him......
                        If I remember right,Graham said he wanted to catch the ball,not be a blocker for Denver like he was in NE..I am sure that when we got him that Shanny thought BLOCKER..nothing more!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wilson Likely Not a Bronco

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7944231

It's not the article I find so good here--it's the reader comments at the bottom. Hilarious.

Comment

thats what i been saying this whole time

Comment

Al Wilson on Strongside?

Before I get completely bashed on this, hear me out

Nate Webster was inconsistent all season long, and he thinks he single-handedly won the Superbowl every time he makes a tackle.

Al Wilson was average in pass coverage, and his strong suit was getting to the right gap, shedding the block and providing great run defense. Those are the qualites of the typical starting SS linebacker.

With the emergence of D.J. Williams being a force in the middle, leading the AFC in tackles in his first season at MLB and still improving every game, he has the pass coverage and run defending skills needed to be great where he is.

If Wilson is at strongside, he would be a force against the offense's running game and would be a great pass rushing asset. D.J. can still roam the middle of the field and use his athleticism to defend against most situations.

Gold will be traded/released and we can pick up a quality weakside LB in F/A, the draft, or even just keep Winborn as starter with his good play at the end of the season.

All of Wilson's strengths fit perfectly in the strongside OLB role, and his leadership would still be utilized in motivating the defense and keeping the players on track.

What do you think?

This is all of course if he is healthy and in playing shape.

Comment

I'd rather see Gold canned, DJ moved back to the weakside where he belongs and us draft a true MLB. I realize DJ had a ton of tackles but he also lead the worst Defense I've ever seen and played with zero passion. IMO the tackle stat is way overblown and not a true measure of what we need in the middle to have a successful Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X