No announcement yet.

More on Al Wilson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have to remember, al likely won't be as good as we remember. if he is, great, but he probably won't be.

keep dj where he is. i know the memory of al is strong, but we can't move dj again.

put al at the strongside spot. it's really suited for him i think. keep dj where he is. and concentrate on finding a will backer, which should be easier to find. ditch ian. i'd go on and on but i've already offered opinions on this in so many al wilson topics already.
    Last edited by NinjaPirateFunk; 01-12-2008, 03:08 PM.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      People honestly believe that TE's are just there to catch the ball.

Graham is an invaluable blocker that is also a real threat catching the ball......He's one of the most complete TE's in the league, and if the offensive line didn't need so much help, you'd all be huggin his junk.

The Broncos are set at the TE position, ya'll need to find something else to project your frustrations onto.

The Broncos are getting everything they've asked of him......
      Shanahan SPECIFICALLY mentioned Graham two-three times when referring to GOOD FA pick-ups, and players that played WELL that were brought in this season. Those that want to criticize his play this season, have NO clue what they are talking about.

Comment

williamson's just offering his opinion. no different than if he posted at this board.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

He's right. Wilson MOST LIKELY will not be a Bronco. That just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            He's right. Wilson MOST LIKELY will not be a Bronco. That just a fact.
            True, but that article falls far below even the most lenient journalism standards, as one poster pointed out.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
              True, but that article falls far below even the most lenient journalism standards, as one poster pointed out.
              To be honest... I didn't even read the article. I just pointed out that its true in the title.. Wilson most likely will not be a Bronco.

Comment

Is it just me, or is Wilson's agent acting like a moron?

I love Al Wilson, and I hope to the lord we get him (I doubt we will), but it seems like his agent is making Al look like he's this "godly stud" looking for a football team.

Wilson update

Al Wilson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Friday he continues to field inquiries from teams about Wilson. Schaffer said Wilson is in no rush to sign.

"We're going to go slow," Schaffer said, "and do it right."

Comment

Wilson is not going to play on the strongside, anymore than DJ Williams will be asked to move back over there.

Wilson is a natural MLB. Period. Why come here and play a position you're not accustomed to playing, when you could go to a number of different teams and play your natural position?
                  sigpic

Comment

i think he feels strongly enough in favor of the broncos he'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                      i think he feels strongly enough in favor of the broncos he'd do it.
                      I don't. Even if he loved the Broncos and wished he were still here, he does have pride. Why would he come back to a team that tried dumping him because he was injured - playing special teams, no less - to play a position as a result of the team feeling you don't have what it takes to play the middle anymore, when you can probably find more than enough teams willing to keep you in the middle, and probably pay you more money?
                      sigpic

Comment

he probably just doesn't take all that personally, and in this business when you start taking business decisions personally, you become petty. there are times when revenge is warranted in my eyes, but this isn't one of them. and if he did really care that much about the money, and threw the hometown discount to the wind, it wouldn't be that much i don't think. other teams may pay more than us but i dunno by how much considering they might be very weary of a guy who just last year had to sit out an entire season after a disappointing season before that. who will be 31 when next season starts.

he said he still wanted to play here. it just becomes a debate on what type of person he is. is he too proud to be moved one position over? does he want a little more money elsewhere? does he feel like this is his home? it all depends on the person he is.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I don't. Even if he loved the Broncos and wished he were still here, he does have pride. Why would he come back to a team that tried dumping him because he was injured - playing special teams, no less - to play a position as a result of the team feeling you don't have what it takes to play the middle anymore, when you can probably find more than enough teams willing to keep you in the middle, and probably pay you more money?
                          They tried to trade him because of his play.. NOT because of his injury.

But I agree. He's not going to come here to play strongside. That would be silly of him to do and I don't know why anyone would think he would do that.

Comment

What part of Shanahan's "I wish Al Wilson the best he was a great player and a team leader for the team for a lot of years" did you not understand?

Shanahan did everything but give him a gold watch!

He's gone. Finished. Done in Denver. Sayonara! Hasta la vista baby! Good-bye!

He's gone and he's not coming back, no matter how many pointless threads you start "lets move D.J. to WLB and bring back Al! NO! Lets sign Al to be SLB!" etc. Yada, yada.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X