Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Q" Tip: Griffin can get it done.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Re: Re: One thing to remember

    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    you know as well as anybody how much he depends on his legs to make moves and such, and once he regained his confidence, his last 3 games were impressive (IND GB IND again)
    I know that he is unproven back and he had one impressive game. The game in GB was average it didn't show much at all. The playoff game as well was average, however, because the game was out of hand he wasn't going to put up big numbers. As I said he still has alot to prove.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



    Thanks Snk16

    Comment


    • #32
      Thanks for posting the article; I appreciate it a lot. (just with I could figure out what the deal is with my computer hanging all the time, though!)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by broncos_chick
        Thanks for posting the article; I appreciate it a lot. (just with I could figure out what the deal is with my computer hanging all the time, though!)
        Geez your finally back chick..
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by broncos_chick
          Thanks for posting the article; I appreciate it a lot. (just with I could figure out what the deal is with my computer hanging all the time, though!)
          It's no problem at all....I was having trouble trying to get to the article as well....Took me awhile, but I finally got to it.
          "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
            Geez your finally back chick..
            Nah, it's a fluke ...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncos_chick
              Nah, it's a fluke ...
              Its not nice to tease.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing to remember

                Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I know that he is unproven back and he had one impressive game. The game in GB was average it didn't show much at all. The playoff game as well was average, however, because the game was out of hand he wasn't going to put up big numbers. As I said he still has alot to prove.
                If you watched the Green Bay game, you have to give him a ton of credit for getting the yards he got. Jackson as QB? He couldn't hit the center in the butt that day, so Green Bay stacked the line the whole game. The fact that Q got 74 yards and didn't even play the entire game was impressive to me.
                I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.







                Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  Its not nice to tease.
                  Dang it TX, now you've got me figured out!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by GrovelingIdiot
                    "Q" tip: Griffin can get it done
                    Thanks for the article. Griffin sounds like a good guy and I hope he excels. That being said, I'm sure the Broncos will play whoever performs the best in camp and preseason. Whether or not Quentin gets the starting job, I'm sure he'll contribute to the offense.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Javalon
                      Thanks for the article. Griffin sounds like a good guy and I hope he excels. That being said, I'm sure the Broncos will play whoever performs the best in camp and preseason. Whether or not Quentin gets the starting job, I'm sure he'll contribute to the offense.
                      That I can definitely agree with. Whether or not he is the starting running back he will contribute to the offense.
                      John 11: 25-27

                      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                      Thanks Snk16

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing to remember

                        Originally posted by mrsolo
                        If you watched the Green Bay game, you have to give him a ton of credit for getting the yards he got. Jackson as QB? He couldn't hit the center in the butt that day, so Green Bay stacked the line the whole game. The fact that Q got 74 yards and didn't even play the entire game was impressive to me.
                        He did alright but I'm going dismiss the other backs because Q has one great game and then one solid game. IMO it doesn't prove or disprove that he can be the "stud buffalo." By the end of camp we'll know. Q has as good of chance, maybe even a better chance of coming out on top. However, dismissing Bell, Beard, or even Galloway isn't right either.

                        I will say this until the issue is settled, I will support whomever is the starting running back. If Griffins wins out I will be exicted, if one of the other guys win out I'll be just as excited.
                        Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-25-2004, 12:52 PM.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Q! Q! Q!, I think he'll get the job done, 1 way or another.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Go Griffin..... U R the man...


                            Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

                            |||||Broncos Rulez|||||

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing to remember

                              Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              He did alright but I'm going dismiss the other backs because Q has one great game and then one solid game. IMO it doesn't prove or disprove that he can be the "stud buffalo." By the end of camp we'll know. Q has as good of chance, maybe even a better chance of coming out on top. However, dismissing Bell, Beard, or even Galloway isn't right either.

                              I will say this until the issue is settled, I will support whomever is the starting running back. If Griffins wins out I will be exicted, if one of the other guys win out I'll be just as excited.
                              true......true
                              I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.







                              Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The factors

                                Here is the factors that hasnt been put in. The limited time we seen Griffin get to play was on the following.

                                First, in the fourth quarter running the clock, like one game he ran 6-10 times or so in a roll. The defense is stacked knows were going to run run run, to run the clock down. Yet he still got like 2 first downs

                                Two, The defense knew we had no throwing game,(Plummer hurt) no passing game through out the game. Defense is stacked, Anderson and Griffin sharring carries. Yet i think Griffin still got like 74 yrds

                                Three Griffin would relieve Portis here and there getting a few carries throughout the game.

                                The only game I really felt the odds were on his side was the Indy game where he started and shined.

                                So really Griffin hasnt had much of a chance to show what he can do except the Indy game.

                                You cant sit there and blame any player for not getting mad yards when those factors were thrown in.

                                For example put Portis in Griffin shoes last year. Skip training camp due to a broken leg. Get a few carries here and there(starter breather carries). Play with starters sitting or QB hurt no passing game line stacked.

                                Tell me would Portis have had a great ypg that you believe Griffin should have had?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X