• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice post

Thanks

Comment

Re: The factors

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
      Here is the factors that hasnt been put in. The limited time we seen Griffin get to play was on the following.

First, in the fourth quarter running the clock, like one game he ran 6-10 times or so in a roll. The defense is stacked knows were going to run run run, to run the clock down. Yet he still got like 2 first downs

Two, The defense knew we had no throwing game,(Plummer hurt) no passing game through out the game. Defense is stacked, Anderson and Griffin sharring carries. Yet i think Griffin still got like 74 yrds

Three Griffin would relieve Portis here and there getting a few carries throughout the game.

The only game I really felt the odds were on his side was the Indy game where he started and shined.

So really Griffin hasnt had much of a chance to show what he can do except the Indy game.

You cant sit there and blame any player for not getting mad yards when those factors were thrown in.

For example put Portis in Griffin shoes last year. Skip training camp due to a broken leg. Get a few carries here and there(starter breather carries). Play with starters sitting or QB hurt no passing game line stacked.

Tell me would Portis have had a great ypg that you believe Griffin should have had?
      What it boils down to is taking advantage of the opportunities you are given. Granted there weren't many through most of the season, but that does not change the fact he did have opportunity. That's the past.

Now is his time to prove what he can do plain and simple. I have never veered from what I have stated over and over and that is if win out great if its one of the others that fine too.

Just please don't try stating that Griffin is the best back when he hasn't proven it as such. It is your opinion but I think would better if you stated it as such. IMO the way posts shows bias towards Griffin simply for the fact of who he played for in college, and not the fact that he is a Denver Bronco.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I am officially aboard the Q band wagon. I think this guy will not be denied. I think his heart will compensate for what he lacks in size. He is an over achiever. I can already hear his story in the playoffs(when they do his profile). Broncos fans get ready for the Q train. Our own little big man.

Comment

Regardless of what Q did last year, and regardless of what he did in mini camp, coaches have said Q will get every opertunity to start. I dont think anyone will take it from him. But if they do then they will be deserving of it. Point is "we have a stud buffalo", we just dont know his name. we might have 2.

Comment

Damn...that article made me smile!

Q is the man....sorry i ever doubted him!!!!! Go Q!!! what an awesome guy!

Comment

Damn i'm first the starter of the ESPN bandwagon and alot of people joined that. Now Me, Qistheman, and a few others started the Q bandwagon and now people are on.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                Damn i'm first the starter of the ESPN bandwagon and alot of people joined that. Now Me, Qistheman, and a few others started the Q bandwagon and now people are on.
                if that wagon collapes.....it's gonna hurt.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Great Article.

I think the "sexy pick" for the starter in Tatum Bell. That said the hard worker may win out.

If he can be like "Barry Sanders" and dazzle us with 200 yard games then we all will be huge "fans". Can he do this day in and day out in the question?

I am one to be willing to wait and see and then put my full loyalty behind him if he comes out and shines.

Right now it is his job to lose I feel, just like I have always felt. This article enforces that opinion in my thinking.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Q is cool, but...

I enjoyed the article as well. I 'm thinking he will excell but at Denver??

The offensive line blocking scheme ...1 cut and get it up field... may or may not accomodate him? The holes close very fast in the NFL and he my have some adjusting to do. I hope the best for Q and look forward to watching him excell.
                    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                      if that wagon collapes.....it's gonna hurt.
                      And if it doesn't, we'll be sure to give you a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                        Don't forget The Chick among "a few others" ...

Comment

Barry Sanders was great...he was great coming into the NFL and he was great when he left. Now if you keep comparing Q to the great Sanders.....then the expectation level is so off the map, it hurts. Clinton Portis was not expendable.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                            And if it doesn't, we'll be sure to give you a ride.
                            Just wait and see baby!

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                              Just wait and see baby!
                              You're gonna be running up a pretty big tab there, pal ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
                                Damn...that article made me smile!

Q is the man....sorry i ever doubted him!!!!! Go Q!!! what an awesome guy!
                                its alright biggin, i forgive you. Q is just a stud, he is the man. i'm glad to hear that you and some others are comming around
                                Last edited by Qistheman; 07-26-2004, 03:44 PM.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

Working...
                                X