Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selvin Young could be special???if....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Selvin Young could be special???if....

    I really feel that if Selvin dedicates himself and really wants it, he can be that special back that Denver has lacked since they had CP running. He needs to want it and put on muscle.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Not really, because he just has inherent physical limitations, as evidenced by his consistent injury problems...but Young might be special if he has a very good starter to backup...especially a bigger, more physical, punishing style back like Michael Turner. I would love to have them as a 1-2 punch.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nah, he's wack.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Td Selvin

        TD and selvin have the same measurables so essentially they could be the same Selvin young if he can take care of his health possible has potential to be as good as TD maybe. There is no physical difference between the 2 on paper so lets hope selvin can get his health issue sorted out.

        Terrell
        Height: 5-11 Weight: 210

        Selvin
        Height: 5-11 Weight: 215

        40 time-4.56

        (could not find terrell's so if someone could post it and we could compare that would be awesome thanx)

        Comment


        • #5
          any if he was as good as TD Shanny wouldnt run him like TD
          sigpic
          Soon to be Pro Bowler!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
            TD and selvin have the same measurables so essentially they could be the same Selvin young if he can take care of his health possible has potential to be as good as TD maybe. There is no physical difference between the 2 on paper so lets hope selvin can get his health issue sorted out.

            Terrell
            Height: 5-11 Weight: 210

            Selvin
            Height: 5-11 Weight: 215

            40 time-4.56

            (could not find terrell's so if someone could post it and we could compare that would be awesome thanx)
            Selvin is just never going to adapt to not getting hurt.

            I love him as much as the next guy, but you could see it in college and now in the NFL... he always takes that one hit that throws his whole game off.

            A great #2, I would keep him.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you believe Young is as sturdy as Terrell Davis then you haven't been paying attention.

              Young has almost zero power, too.

              He's nothing special as a starter, he will a hell of a C.O.P back if he's not asked to carry too much of a load......

              Comment


              • #8
                we need to build him a better line if we want him to become anything significant, because as of now, our line blows. and he's just going to end up breaking off a 9 yard run once, and the next four times he'll just stutter step into a wall of our own linemen, and fall over. the story of our running game for the past two or three seasons.

                we don't need a better back we need a better line. then we concentrate on getting a franchise back.
                Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                Comment


                • #9
                  No...As much as i would love 2 think of him becoming one of the best backs in a while, its jux like the rest of all the backs we had that didnt turn out...
                  Lets GO Broncos!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    why are you guys dissing our back? hes good let him play. as much as i would love to draft a stud, this kid is still good and it was his rookie season and did great. lets give him a chance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I disagree. This kid has shown too much promise & ability to say he'll only be an average situational back. He has a shot to be above that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                        I disagree. This kid has shown too much promise & ability to say he'll only be an average situational back. He has a shot to be above that.
                        Not once Shanahan drafts Rashard Mendenhall and Selvin Young looks like the orphan Oliver - "May I have more runs please?" and Shanahan says "only when our franchise back wants a break!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Selvin Young has a chance to be a better Kevin Faulk......A cheap Reggie Bush......

                          He'll never be another Terrell Davis, imo......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                            I really feel that if Selvin dedicates himself and really wants it, he can be that special back that Denver has lacked since they had CP running. He needs to want it and put on muscle.

                            Thoughts?
                            I feel the same, I think he will need one more full season to add some bulk and get that little extra power behind his step to be the full time carrier. I think Shanahan keeps Henry around for one more year to be the short yardage back. It will be one more year of a share time between running backs, imo. Honestly, I didn't follow Youngs career in collage so I don't know what his injury status was like. To say that he will get injured is something that nobody can predict. He got a couple of bumps and bruises and missed a little time, that doesn't mean that will happen every year.

                            I don't see how Shanahan can spend any first day picks on offense considering how bad the defense was. Keep what we got offense because it wasn't that bad, in fact I would call it above average. We were up there in rushing yards and the only reason we weren't the best in the pass was because of the absence of Walker. He'll be healthy for next season and trio of Marsh, Walker and Stokley will be as good as any. I wouldn't care if the entire draft was nothing but defense, with safety being the first

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jvw View Post
                              I feel the same, I think he will need one more full season to add some bulk and get that little extra power behind his step to be the full time carrier. I think Shanahan keeps Henry around for one more year to be the short yardage back. It will be one more year of a share time between running backs, imo. Honestly, I didn't follow Youngs career in collage so I don't know what his injury status was like. To say that he will get injured is something that nobody can predict. He got a couple of bumps and bruises and missed a little time, that doesn't mean that will happen every year.

                              I don't see how Shanahan can spend any first day picks on offense considering how bad the defense was. Keep what we got offense because it wasn't that bad, in fact I would call it above average. We were up there in rushing yards and the only reason we weren't the best in the pass was because of the absence of Walker. He'll be healthy for next season and trio of Marsh, Walker and Stokley will be as good as any. I wouldn't care if the entire draft was nothing but defense, with safety being the first
                              Easy...he just looks at Mendenhall and then at everyone else, and takes Mendenhall!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X