Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selvin Young could be special???if....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Not once Shanahan drafts Rashard Mendenhall and Selvin Young looks like the orphan Oliver - "May I have more runs please?" and Shanahan says "only when our franchise back wants a break!"

    All I want to know is how are you going to handle the disappointment when Rashard Mendenhall is playing somewhere else in 2008?

    Comment


    • #17
      Trade #12 pick twice up an extra couple extra 2nd rounders

      Trade #12 pick twice up an extra couple extra 2nd roundnd then we select RB Jonathan Stewart 22nd-24th. J-Stew will be the down hill power back with speed we have been needing.

      MM

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MindField View Post
        All I want to know is how are you going to handle the disappointment when Rashard Mendenhall is playing somewhere else in 2008?
        No you'll be the one dissapointed, cause even if he is not here he will still be a stud!

        Comment


        • #19
          I really like what I have seen in Selvin Young in the Denver running game. This kid stepped in when Travis Henry got hurt and did a really good job. If he can put a little more muscle on and not lose any speed then it will help him to be a little more sturdy. He also is good at pushing and keeping his feet going in effort to to get extra yardage. Sure the guy was a rookie this past season and yes he did get banged up but he kept doing his job. Now that he knows what to expect as a running back in the NFL he can prepare himself in whatever way he has to in the offseason, the mini camps and training camp. There is a tremendous amount of potential in this young man and I for one am interested in watching what he can do.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Hardcore Bronco Babe View Post
            I really like what I have seen in Selvin Young in the Denver running game. This kid stepped in when Travis Henry got hurt and did a really good job. If he can put a little more muscle on and not lose any speed then it will help him to be a little more sturdy. He also is good at pushing and keeping his feet going in effort to to get extra yardage. Sure the guy was a rookie this past season and yes he did get banged up but he kept doing his job. Now that he knows what to expect as a running back in the NFL he can prepare himself in whatever way he has to in the offseason, the mini camps and training camp. There is a tremendous amount of potential in this young man and I for one am interested in watching what he can do.
            Shanahan will not risk it, he is not the guy according to Shanahan, I could see him saying he will compete for the job, but he basically came out and said none of our backs are the man! That is enough for me to believe that none will be, and the best thing for Young to do is come in and make sure he is the number two back in Denver.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by lancane View Post
              Shanahan will not risk it, he is not the guy according to Shanahan, I could see him saying he will compete for the job, but he basically came out and said none of our backs are the man! That is enough for me to believe that none will be, and the best thing for Young to do is come in and make sure he is the number two back in Denver.
              Shanahan may have already tipped his hat to what he will do in the draft and FA:

              He thinks the O-line is solid, the Defense is fine except for a few holes (NT & LB), and he thinks the Running Back is the most pressing need.


              RB Johnathan Stewart Round 1
              LT Godser Cherilios Round 2
              WR Earl Bennett Round 4
              LB Jonathan Goff Round 4
              DT Franl Okam Round 5
              DT DeMario Pressley Round 5
              FB Owen Schmitt Round 7
              P Mike Dragasovich Round 7

              UDFA: WR Maurice Purify, LB Jordan Dizon, FS Wesley Woodyard

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mountain_Mike View Post
                Shanahan may have already tipped his hat to what he will do in the draft and FA:

                He thinks the O-line is solid, the Defense is fine except for a few holes (NT & LB), and he thinks the Running Back is the most pressing need.


                RB Johnathan Stewart Round 1
                LT Godser Cherilios Round 2
                WR Earl Bennett Round 4
                LB Jonathan Goff Round 4
                DT Franl Okam Round 5
                DT DeMario Pressley Round 5
                FB Owen Schmitt Round 7
                P Mike Dragasovich Round 7

                UDFA: WR Maurice Purify, LB Jordan Dizon, FS Wesley Woodyard
                Sorry Mike, but Schmitt is going to the Chargers long before the 7th round, I'll bet anything on it......

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mountain_Mike View Post
                  Shanahan may have already tipped his hat to what he will do in the draft and FA:

                  He thinks the O-line is solid, the Defense is fine except for a few holes (NT & LB), and he thinks the Running Back is the most pressing need.


                  RB Johnathan Stewart Round 1
                  LT Godser Cherilios Round 2
                  WR Earl Bennett Round 4
                  LB Jonathan Goff Round 4
                  DT Franl Okam Round 5
                  DT DeMario Pressley Round 5
                  FB Owen Schmitt Round 7
                  P Mike Dragasovich Round 7

                  UDFA: WR Maurice Purify, LB Jordan Dizon, FS Wesley Woodyard
                  I can not see how so many fans can believe we will draft a Pac-10 halfback and in the past four or five drafts we have only drafted one player overall from that conference...plus Cherilus is not a great fit here, Okam will be taken in the 3rd or 4th Round at the latest, same with Pressley and Schmitt will be gone by the end of the 4th at the latest!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X