Chances we play out of the Contry next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances we play out of the Contry next year

We play 4 of these teams next year, but only the KC game is on the road(plus our Home game). So it looks like we are safe for another year!

Source: Bills likely to get OK to play game in Toronto

By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: January 20, 2008, 2:51 PM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

The Buffalo Bills almost certainly will get a regular-season game approved for Toronto and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head a list of four teams under consideration to play in the NFL's 2008 game in the United Kingdom, a league source said Sunday.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. had petitioned the league to play one home game in Toronto to strengthen its Canadian fan base and the league source said owners are expected to approve the request. The opponent in that game is unknown.

Meanwhile, the source identified the Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks as the leading candidates for the international series game to be played in the United Kingdom, probably in October.

The site of the game is undecided as the league is looking at two or three large stadium venues, as well as London's Wembley Stadium, site of the 2007 season's game between the Giants and Dolphins.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    We play 4 of these teams next year, but only the KC game is on the road(plus our Home game). So it looks like we are safe for another year!

Source: Bills likely to get OK to play game in Toronto

By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: January 20, 2008, 2:51 PM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

The Buffalo Bills almost certainly will get a regular-season game approved for Toronto and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head a list of four teams under consideration to play in the NFL's 2008 game in the United Kingdom, a league source said Sunday.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. had petitioned the league to play one home game in Toronto to strengthen its Canadian fan base and the league source said owners are expected to approve the request. The opponent in that game is unknown.

Meanwhile, the source identified the Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks as the leading candidates for the international series game to be played in the United Kingdom, probably in October.

The site of the game is undecided as the league is looking at two or three large stadium venues, as well as London's Wembley Stadium, site of the 2007 season's game between the Giants and Dolphins.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
    The boss of the NFL office in London has just confirmed on UK TV that the Bucs, Chiefs, Saints and Seahawks are the 4 candidates for the HOME team in the game in the UK. Of those, the Chiefs are the only team that the Broncos play on the road. We don't play the Seahawks at all. We play the Bills in Denver, so that wouldn't be the matchup in Toronto.

I think the chances of the Broncos coming to the UK are slim, although I would love to see it happen. One of the big issues raised this year when the NFL was planning the Giants v Dolphins game was the travel distance and time difference. Both teams chosen this year were only 5 hours behind the UK. Denver is 7 hours behind the UK. I am quite surprised that Seattle is a candidate for the UK game, as they are 8 hours behind. Maybe the NFL has now decided that time difference is not an issue after all.

I can't see what the problem would be for us to play in Toronto anyway. It's closer than any east coast team.
    The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

Im just soooooo Happy that the Atl Denver game is not going over seas! Im against the Overseas games, but deff. against it when it is a NFC team vs AFC. Like this year, the NYG fans that live in Mia, missed out on seeing them play. Here are the dates of there last 3 meetings. So it could be 15yrs + since NYG will head to Mia. Now AFC vs AFC and NFC vs NFC see it each other at least every other year. That would make a little bit more sense to me. Also the preseason should feature more of the NFC vs AFC games. I swear we play Hou Ari and SF every year! It must have something to do with location(travel time).

12/08/96 -- N.Y. Giants 17, at Miami 7---- Last time they played in Mia
      09/05/03 -- Miami 23, at N.Y Giants 10
      10/28/07 -- N.Y. Giants 13, at Miami 10 (London, England)

Denver hasn't played in Atl, since 97! I cant wait!!! 6-0 at Denver games!

Comment

its called the national football league. That means one country. Its not the International Football League, lets keep it like that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
          its called the national football league. That means one country. Its not the International Football League, lets keep it like that.
          Yeah, that's real smart. There aren't International teams playing doofus.

But then you probably think people like me and Jaws and Den shouldn't like NFL cos we're not Americans. We should also get rid of every non US player, and never screen the game anywhere but in the USA, and not sell any items to non US citizens.

Yeah, that sounds really fricking intelligent
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Why are you against international games? It's one thing to say you're against and it shouldn't happen and another to say you don't like it for a reason...

As a Bronco based in the UK i'd love to see us over here, that said, if it tangibly decreased the chances of us winning i might have to take one for the team and say i'd rather not have it here.
            "You only live twice, once when you're born and once when you look death in the face"

Comment

If I'm a season ticket holder losing a home game to people that couldn't care less, I'm freaking furious.

This is a Horsesht idea, it's little more than a Renaissance Festival to these people.

Keep the game where people actually give a crap......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                If I'm a season ticket holder losing a home game to people that couldn't care less, I'm freaking furious.

This is a Horsesht idea, it's little more than a Renaissance Festival to these people.

Keep the game where people actually give a crap......
                Of course, because no one who went to the game in London actually LIKED NFL.

They just went because the idea of paying 75 quid to sit in the rain really appealed to them!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

It's not going to be the broncos.
                  It's been said its AFC vs NFC so if it were Kansas city who got it, then it wont be denver. Although that would be a killer match up to bring to the UK. KC lose the homefield advantage they enjoy at arrowhead, and we get to see the Broncos without them losing a home game. On a personal note I'd also get to see Croyle play.
                  "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
                    It's not going to be the broncos.
                    It's been said its AFC vs NFC so if it were Kansas city who got it, then it wont be denver. Although that would be a killer match up to bring to the UK. KC lose the homefield advantage they enjoy at arrowhead, and we get to see the Broncos without them losing a home game. On a personal note I'd also get to see Croyle play.
                    But craigie, you don't give a crap, I don't give a crap, Jaws, Den, Alan, Wook etc etc, none of us give a crap.

I guess the 250,000 people who signed up to go into the ticket lottery didn't give a crap about the NFL either

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                      Of course, because no one who went to the game in London actually LIKED NFL.

They just went because the idea of paying 75 quid to sit in the rain really appealed to them!
                      Kap, you need to stop taking this so personal, seriously......No matter how many times you roll your Internet Eyes at me it doesn't change the fact that the NFL is a Religion in the United States, it's a Cult everywhere else.

If the NFL wants to do anything to change that, they should be using the meaningless games to do it with!

It's nothing against you, I know you care about the NFL as much as I do......There is just not enough "Kapaibro's" to make it anything less than a BS idea......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        Kap, you need to stop taking this so personal, seriously......No matter how many times you roll your Internet Eyes at me it doesn't change the fact that the NFL is a Religion in the United States, it's a Cult everywhere else.

It's nothing against you, I know you care about the NFL as much as I do......There is just not enough "Kapaibro's" to make it anything less than a BS idea......
                        That is total BS. There were 250,000 people trying to get 70,000 tickets for the game at Wembley.

Get your facts straight.

You stop talking complete crap, and I'll stop rolling my internet eyes at you.

Hell, if I hadn't been on a plane to Denver at the time, I'd have been at that game regardless of it being NYG vs MIA

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

But craigie, you don't give a crap, I don't give a crap, Jaws, Den, Alan, Wook etc etc, none of us give a crap.

I guess the 250,000 people who signed up to go into the ticket lottery didn't give a crap about the NFL either
                          Sadly Kap I haven't got time anymore for my long and rambling posts as to why we are right.
                          So I just go with the flow and let those who don't like the idea carry on as it were. I understand why they are upset. I think if the season were a lot longer then attitudes would be changed.
                          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Again, you're taking this way too personally......I never said "You" don't care......

Comment

That is total BS. There were 250,000 people trying to get 70,000 tickets for the game at Wembley.

Get your facts straight.

You stop talking complete crap, and I'll stop rolling my internet eyes at you.

Hell, if I hadn't been on a plane to Denver at the time, I'd have been at that game regardless of it being NYG vs MIA

What facts?

There is 250,000 fans in Europe that care about the NFL?

Well pin a f'ing ribbon on their nose......There's MILLIONS that care here!!!!!!

If there was only one game in Denver this year, how many people would sign up for that Lottery?......

Comment

Working...
                              X