Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances we play out of the Contry next year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Heck no! I dont want the broncos to be playing outside of the united states. As people said before, if we lose a home game to just play outside of the us, thats BS. I'd be upset too if i was a season ticket holder.

    its dumb that they would take this AMERICAN sport outside of AMERICA. other countries have other sports, thats the way it should be!

    i can careless if the bronco fans from the uk care or not. us BRONCO fans in AMERICA override them by tons.

    Keep this sport in America, that's the way it should be. The people from europe can go watch soccer instead!

    if the europe people want more american football then move over here.

    Comment


    • #17
      As long as we play New Orleans in Denver, I'm happy. I would hate to lose a home game to the UK, that'd be a pisser.

      Comment


      • #18
        I'd imagine there'd be a similar reaction if whatever popular soccer team from Europe started to play in the US when there is only 8 home games to begin with.

        It'd be the exact same thing, a few American soccer fans that'd love to see the game......MILLIONS of Americans that wouldn't give a Fat Rats Ass, PERIOD! And MILLIONS of European Soccer fans that are pissed off!

        Look at the Bend It *****, he was huge news for no reason whatsoever. Most people here don't care about Soccer!

        And I'll bet there is more people here that care about soccer than there are people in Europe that care about the NFL!

        It's the same thing with NFL everywhere else......Although the NFL does have one thing going for itself that Soccer does not......it's not the most mind-numbingly boring "sport" on the planet......
        Last edited by stnzed; 01-20-2008, 02:43 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Okay, what if two west coast teams had to play in England. The flying time leaves little time to practice.

          There is no home field advantage for the "home", which is crucial, in a stadium on the other side of the world.

          People pay a lot of money for season tickets, and wont the ticket brokers charge them for that game, because technically, it is a home team. So it costs OUR ticket payers more.

          How much more EXPENSIVE airline fuel be used for the flight across the atlantic??? Not only that, but it isnt very "Green".

          And the players, dont you think that they would much rather play at home, in front of the fans that they love, rather than play in a crappy wimbledon stadium??? And the players wouldnt have a lot of time to adjust to the time change too. And when they do, they have to do it all over again when they leave. Its an unfair advantage to the team who plays the team who traveled the week before.

          all of this could be avoided by not playing overseas.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            What facts?

            There is 250,000 fans in Europe that care about the NFL?

            Well pin a f'ing ribbon on their nose......There's MILLIONS that care here!!!!!!

            If there was only one game in Denver this year, how many people would sign up for that Lottery?......

            there was only 1 playoff game in sandiego this year and how many signed up for that one? oh yeah, it barely sold out.

            It's awesome that american football is becomming more and more popular thru out the world, and to cultivate the growing fans across Europe and Asia, games have to be played there. Stop being so elitist. Football isn't just for America anymore, and when you grow up, you'll realize we aren't the only country that matters.

            It's the fans that matter, and it's not important what country they come from.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              there was only 1 playoff game in sandiego this year and how many signed up for that one? oh yeah, it barely sold out.

              It's awesome that american football is becomming more and more popular thru out the world, and to cultivate the growing fans across Europe and Asia, games have to be played there. Stop being so elitist. Football isn't just for America anymore, and when you grow up, you'll realize we aren't the only country that matters.

              It's the fans that matter, and it's not important what country they come from.

              Like I said, the NFL isn't becoming more and more popular throughout the world, and if the NFL wants to promote itself, it should be doing so with games that are meaningless......Preferably with teams that have weak fans like the Chargers!

              You can keep the insults, they don't change a thing......The NFL is an American Religion, it's a Film Festival in Europe......t('_')......And when you wise up, you'll realize that.

              Btw, The United States of America is the only country that matters......
              Last edited by stnzed; 01-20-2008, 03:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                Like I said, if the NFL wants to promote itself, it should be doing so with games that are meaningless......Preferably with teams that have weak fans like the Chargers!

                You can keep the insults, they don't change a thing......The NFL is an American Religion, it's a Film Festival in Europe......t('_')......And when you wise up, you'll realize that.

                Btw, The United States is the only country that matters......
                and with 'me-first' attitudes like yours, it'll never make it to a world wide religion. Personally, I want my religion and passion for the Broncos spread across the globe. Apparently you don't. Meaningless games will never do that because, well, they're meaningless.

                so as i said before... stop being so elitist, your fanship doesn't mean any more or less than someone who lives overseas. The NFL recoginzes this, and when YOU wise up, so will you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  Btw, The United States of America is the only country that matters......
                  Exactly

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                    and with 'me-first' attitudes like yours, it'll never make it to a world wide religion. Personally, I want my religion and passion for the Broncos spread across the globe. Apparently you don't. Meaningless games will never do that because, well, they're meaningless.

                    so as i said before... stop being so elitist, your fanship doesn't mean any more or less than someone who lives overseas. The NFL recoginzes this, and when YOU wise up, so will you.

                    Good luck with that! Personally, I don't care what the rest of the world watches, never did, never will.

                    If the NFL had never even mentioned this, would you be saying: "We need to to introduce the NFL to Europe"?

                    No! Because you don't f'ing care about Europe anymore than I do!

                    I'm well aware that the NFL doesn't care what I think, but that doesn't make my opinion any more insignificant than your Liberal Gibberish.

                    My fanship, combined with that of the MILLIONS of other American fans means the NFL matters significantly more here, and that the NFL is merely a dog humping the neighbors leg when it comes to the Europeans......

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yea, NFL Europe really worked out.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I have a self centered point of view and I will admit up front. As long as the Broncos don't 1) lose a home game or 2) have it occur on a short week, it would be fine with me.

                        I would relish having an opponent give up a home game. I would send poison pen letters to the NFL if the Broncos lost a home game. If it were either a Monday night game or a Thursday night game, it would leave little time for normal preparations. In a 16 game schedule with the parity between most teams, this marketing idea could pose a serious problem for one or both of the teams.

                        I feel sorry for our over seas Bronco fans that don't ever get a chance to see the Broncos play live but if it was to be a Broncos' home game or on either end of a short week I would be against it.
                        Last edited by Dean; 01-20-2008, 04:16 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I think that before we induldge any country with our beloved football, That country should have to endure 6 months of off season and have to watch 100 games of baseball first! Thats the meaning of true apprieciation for the game! Besides, thats why they have pubs, right?!? Sunday ticket? But please dont ask me to give up a home game or a road game ticket, I follow the Broncos to Arrowhead, SD, Oakland, that would suck to lose a game over there, not to mention the momentum loss! Man that would just suck!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                            Good luck with that! Personally, I don't care what the rest of the world watches, never did, never will.

                            If the NFL had never even mentioned this, would you be saying: "We need to to introduce the NFL to Europe"?

                            No! Because you don't f'ing care about Europe anymore than I do!

                            I'm well aware that the NFL doesn't care what I think, but that doesn't make my opinion any more insignificant than your Liberal Gibberish.

                            My fanship, combined with that of the MILLIONS of other American fans means the NFL matters significantly more here, and that the NFL is merely a dog humping the neighbors leg when it comes to the Europeans......
                            Yes, I actually WAS saying that years ago. why? because I love the sport of football, and when a person loves something dearly, they want to share it and hope those they share it with love it just as much.

                            Whether or not you'll admit it, you've done it too. Anytime you tell someone about your favorite movie, or band, or restaurant, or football team, you're doing it.

                            You can hurl insults and call it 'liberal gibberish', whatever THAT'S supposed to mean, but it doesn't change the fact that the sport you love is growing world wide and the NFL recognizes that fact.

                            And as far as 'insignificant opinions go,' if you care to re-read what I posted, you might notice that I stated that you are just as important as all the other fans out there.

                            Oh, and the reason there's only ONE game going to Europe during the regular season, is because the NFL IS more important to the US. If they were 'dog-humping the neighbors leg,' as you so eloquently put it, there would be more.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                              Yea, NFL Europe really worked out.

                              um, yeah, did you watch those games? I mean, you're an NFL fan, right? so you should have been watching every one of them.

                              Oh, that's right, you didn't watch for the same reason the rest of Europe didn't watch.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Brncs1 View Post
                                I think that before we induldge any country with our beloved football, That country should have to endure 6 months of off season and have to watch 100 games of baseball first! Thats the meaning of true apprieciation for the game! Besides, thats why they have pubs, right?!? Sunday ticket? But please dont ask me to give up a home game or a road game ticket, I follow the Broncos to Arrowhead, SD, Oakland, that would suck to lose a game over there, not to mention the momentum loss! Man that would just suck!
                                Unless time works differently in other countries, the off season is just as long for them, but then they have to put in for a lottery and lucky just to get to see ONE game a year. And you, who has money and time off to go all over the country to see multiple games, is complaining that there is a possibility you may have to miss one of those games...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X