Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances we play out of the Contry next year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    um, yeah, did you watch those games? I mean, you're an NFL fan, right? so you should have been watching every one of them.

    Oh, that's right, you didn't watch for the same reason the rest of Europe didn't watch.
    Im just saying if you dont have that option to see Pro games and cant even get into it with NFL players and some players that are from the local areas, you dont deserve for us to give up our games. Thats like saying the Minors in Baseball should be discontinued and the Braves can play some home games in Mississippi or Myrtle Beach. Since they dont get to see the "real thing".

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
      Im just saying if you dont have that option to see Pro games and cant even get into it with NFL players and some players that are from the local areas, you dont deserve for us to give up our games. Thats like saying the Minors in Baseball should be discontinued and the Braves can play some home games in Mississippi or Myrtle Beach. Since they dont get to see the "real thing".

      how is that even remotely the same?

      so everyone in mississippi or myrtle beach that doesn't go to the see the scrubs in the minors play must not be fans of MLB, by your reasoning. Besides, you're talking about a sport that has a deep history in its home country.

      If you were a fan of professional cricket, and had a favorite pro cricket team and players which you watched on tv, why would you go see some scrub team down the street, just because they are playing the same sport?

      Comment


      • #33
        I think that most of the people missed the word APPROVED in the first sentence of that report on it -- its not like the NFL is forcing a team to do this. The team wants it.

        Love it or hate it, the league is a business, is run as a business, and is out to make money. If going overseas does that the best, they will. I guess I'm just realistic about it and realize that teams that can't sell out tickets to every game, fans that leave halfway through games and such are what we get here in the states . Going overseas means selling highly overinflated priced tickets to Wimbly stadium (largest stadium in the world AFAIK) and the tickets selling out and everyone staying to see every snap. IF you don't like it, then make it more profitable for every game to be played in your home town and I'm sure the NFL commission will do so.

        But for my money, one overseas game every few years isn't a huge loss. And if more talented international players decide they want to play football, then the sports win, and the fans win. I'm fine with it, and heck, wouldn't mind going to London from here in CO to see a good game then travel about for a week. Might find a great fan over there to sightsee with. But thats just me, I guess.
        Always a Broncos fan.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ShadeofBlue View Post
          I think that most of the people missed the word APPROVED in the first sentence of that report on it -- its not like the NFL is forcing a team to do this. The team wants it.

          Love it or hate it, the league is a business, is run as a business, and is out to make money. If going overseas does that the best, they will. I guess I'm just realistic about it and realize that teams that can't sell out tickets to every game, fans that leave halfway through games and such are what we get here in the states . Going overseas means selling highly overinflated priced tickets to Wimbly stadium (largest stadium in the world AFAIK) and the tickets selling out and everyone staying to see every snap. IF you don't like it, then make it more profitable for every game to be played in your home town and I'm sure the NFL commission will do so.

          But for my money, one overseas game every few years isn't a huge loss. And if more talented international players decide they want to play football, then the sports win, and the fans win. I'm fine with it, and heck, wouldn't mind going to London from here in CO to see a good game then travel about for a week. Might find a great fan over there to sightsee with. But thats just me, I guess.

          Amen, and CP to you!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ShadeofBlue View Post
            I think that most of the people missed the word APPROVED in the first sentence of that report on it -- its not like the NFL is forcing a team to do this. The team wants it.

            Love it or hate it, the league is a business, is run as a business, and is out to make money. If going overseas does that the best, they will. I guess I'm just realistic about it and realize that teams that can't sell out tickets to every game, fans that leave halfway through games and such are what we get here in the states . Going overseas means selling highly overinflated priced tickets to Wimbly stadium (largest stadium in the world AFAIK) and the tickets selling out and everyone staying to see every snap. IF you don't like it, then make it more profitable for every game to be played in your home town and I'm sure the NFL commission will do so.

            But for my money, one overseas game every few years isn't a huge loss. And if more talented international players decide they want to play football, then the sports win, and the fans win. I'm fine with it, and heck, wouldn't mind going to London from here in CO to see a good game then travel about for a week. Might find a great fan over there to sightsee with. But thats just me, I guess.

            When Jerry Jones basically said he wants no part of it, Goodell basically said he has no choice in the matter.

            The NFL most definitely is forcing the teams to do this......

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              um, yeah, did you watch those games? I mean, you're an NFL fan, right? so you should have been watching every one of them.

              Oh, that's right, you didn't watch for the same reason the rest of Europe didn't watch.

              Those games were better than the one the Giants and Dolphins put on.

              A couple more games like that and the Europeans will care even less about the NFL.

              But hey, if you want to continue to think the NFL is growing more and more overseas, you might want to continue to ignore the obvious facts like these......

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                Those games were better than the one the Giants and Dolphins put on.
                A couple more games like that and the Europeans will care even less about the NFL.

                But hey, if you want to continue to think the NFL is growing more and more overseas, you might want to continue to ignore the obvious facts like these......
                First, it was the Giants and Dolphins. Did anyone expect a good game?

                Second, apparently you never watched any NFL Europe. Those were worse than some NAIA football games I've watched.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Maybe we should just send the Superbowl over there to win them over?

                  Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  First, it was the Giants and Dolphins. Did anyone expect a good game?

                  Second, apparently you never watched any NFL Europe. Those were worse than some NAIA football games I've watched.

                  If you'd like to score one for the Europeans, stop making my point for me.

                  You should be saying that the Euros can't wait for more crap like this, even though you and I both know thats not remotely true......

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If your a fan of football, then your a fan of football. Guess that wasnt the case with NFL Europe. Would I go see Manchester play in Atlanta, yea once in a lifetime thing. Would I see any MLS game? Nope because Soccer sucks! I think that is about the same reasoning how "Most" Europeans feel. I guess in the end it dosent matter because the NFL is not worried about there fans, they are more worried about putting more in all their pockets.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      If you'd like to score one for the Europeans, stop making my point for me.

                      You should be saying that the Euros can't wait for more crap like this, even though you and I both know thats not remotely true......
                      and exactly how did I make your point for you? The point is they showed up in droves and stayed for every snap because they were able to watch the pros play, not some scrubs.

                      The bottom line is one game in Europe is not going to kill you, and will do alot of good for the league. With revenue sharing, that means that if the teams that play over there make alot of money, it's going to trickle to the Broncos too.

                      It seems as though you're reacting like a 2 year old with a toy that your mommy just made you share with someone else.

                      Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, there's a world out there which doesn't revolve around you.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                        and exactly how did I make your point for you? The point is they showed up in droves and stayed for every snap because they were able to watch the pros play, not some scrubs.

                        The bottom line is one game in Europe is not going to kill you, and will do alot of good for the league. With revenue sharing, that means that if the teams that play over there make alot of money, it's going to trickle to the Broncos too.

                        It seems as though you're reacting like a 2 year old with a toy that your mommy just made you share with someone else.

                        Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, there's a world out there which doesn't revolve around you.
                        12/08/96 -- N.Y. Giants 17, at Miami 7---- Last time they played in Mia
                        09/05/03 -- Miami 23, at N.Y Giants 10
                        10/28/07 -- N.Y. Giants 13, at Miami 10 (London, England)


                        Im sure the NYG fans that live down in Fla think the same thing! Not everyone can fly to their fav teams state to go see a game.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                          If your a fan of football, then your a fan of football. Guess that wasnt the case with NFL Europe. Would I go see Manchester play in Atlanta, yea once in a lifetime thing. Would I see any MLS game? Nope because Soccer sucks! I think that is about the same reasoning how "Most" Europeans feel. I guess in the end it dosent matter because the NFL is not worried about there fans, they are more worried about putting more in all their pockets.
                          oh, so I guess since you're a fan of football, then you must be a Falcons season ticket holder... oh, wait, that team sucks, but unless your holding the Europeans to a different standard, you must be going to all the Falcons games anyway...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                            12/08/96 -- N.Y. Giants 17, at Miami 7---- Last time they played in Mia
                            09/05/03 -- Miami 23, at N.Y Giants 10
                            10/28/07 -- N.Y. Giants 13, at Miami 10 (London, England)


                            Im sure the NYG fans that live down in Fla think the same thing! Not everyone can fly to their fav teams state to go see a game.
                            How many NFL fans in Europe can drive a couple of hours to see ANY NFL game?

                            How long will NYG fans in Europe have to wait to see their team play again without having to fly somewhere?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                              oh, so I guess since you're a fan of football, then you must be a Falcons season ticket holder... oh, wait, that team sucks, but unless your holding the Europeans to a different standard, you must be going to all the Falcons games anyway...
                              I went to every Atl game that did conflict with me missing a Bronco game. I have the NFL package that I pay over 200, so I can see every game.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                                How many NFL fans in Europe can drive a couple of hours to see ANY NFL game?

                                How long will NYG fans in Europe have to wait to see their team play again without having to fly somewhere?

                                So since London got a game, what about the NYG fans in Spain or Africa and South America. Oh wait I forget this is an AMERICAN GAME that should be played in AMERICA. You wanna see a game than fly over here, like I have to Fly to Denver to go to a game our watch on TV like you! Maybe the NFL can just rotate games, like Atlanta vs Seattle played in Denver one week, then Denver can play Indy in Tampa Bay. They can just play games in all the different cities like a Rock band thats on tour

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X