If our offensive line could give Cutler five seconds to throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If our offensive line could give Cutler five seconds to throw

Like New England does Jay could put up numbers like Brady did too.

NE has three pro bowl offensive linemen!

BUT - you saw what happened when they pressured Brady and got to him.

Three picks!

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Hmmm................. how do I reply to this thread...

Let's see.

You can't always get what you want? IF any QB gets good protections from his O-Line then he'll be able to pick apart any defense. If you were watching the Broncos games you would have noticed. Our Defense has no pass rush so therefore the mediocre QBs we play become superstars.

But seriously, what is this topic about? Is it a question or a statement, or your opinion on something? Help me out

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
      Hmmm................. how do I reply to this thread...

Let's see.

You can't always get what you want? IF any QB gets good protections from his O-Line then he'll be able to pick apart any defense. If you were watching the Broncos games you would have noticed. Our Defense has no pass rush so therefore the mediocre QBs we play become superstars.

But seriously, what is this topic about? Is it a question or a statement, or your opinion on something? Help me out

Beast, what the heck is your issue with cutlerfan?

I think you know what this thread is about.

As for me, I would hope the last year would bring a change in Mike Shanahan's philosophy on offensive lineman, cause this line will get Cutler killed......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post

I think you know what this thread is about......
        Cutlerfan ranting about how bad our O-Line is? I think that issue has become quite obvious.

Comment

I think you know what this thread is about......
          I don't understand Beast. He is always on me. Weird!

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
            Cutlerfan ranting about how bad our O-Line is? I think that issue has become quite obvious.
            Man - All I am saying is I wish our line could give Jay 5 seconds to throw too!

Nothing more.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

But watching Brady look average at times last night (And Manning the week before) made me think about this subject too......But then again, I've been obsessed with the offensive line for years.

It's a subject that will be brought up for years, as I do not see Shanahan changing anything......

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                Like New England does Jay could put up numbers like Brady did too.

NE has three pro bowl offensive linemen!

BUT - you saw what happened when they pressured Brady and got to him.

Three picks!
                the ball should be away in somewhere between 2½ and 3 seconds, 5 is waay too much for the line to block

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                  Man - All I am saying is I wish our line could give Jay 5 seconds to throw too!

Nothing more.
                  Yea, well sometimes wishes don't come true do they?

The O-line gave Cutler good protection against the Chiefs, that was good stuff

but, you also have to consider our injuries on the o-line, that affected us.

Comment

But watching Brady look average at times last night (And Manning the week before) made me think about this subject too......But then again, I've been obsessed with the offensive line for years.

It's a subject that will be brought up for years, as I do not see Shanahan changing anything......
                    The mark of any good team is a good line on both sides of the ball.

The big boys are the most important part of a football team in my opinion. Without them you can't run or throw the ball!

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
                      the ball should be away in somewhere between 2½ and 3 seconds, 5 is waay too much for the line to block
                      I agree - but when you can just stand back there with no pressure a good throwing QB can pick apart a team!

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

yeah, that's if those 2 1/2 and 3 seconds aren't another player in your face. Brady at least gets those seconds to look at his receivers. The O-line needs some more talent, but they aren't really bad either.

Comment

Maybe so......

But the offensive line can barely provide that much time, Shaun Rogers snapped Cutler's leg before he completed a 5step drop!

And when you have to keep a TE and a RB in to block that signals a problem too, the less players you have in route, the less options the QB has......the more time he needs for a receiver to break open.

It's all part of the problem of the lack of pass protection this line provides.

5 seconds is a bit of a stretch, but Cutler fan is merely saying that he'd like to see what Cutler could do with a legitimate offensive line, and I too would like to see what he could do with something more than just a bunch of dudes out of the yellow pages......

Comment

Looks like Cutlerfan has his very own "fanboi"!!

To be fair, there were injuries and a lot of movement on the O-line, the O-line does need some continuity to really work well as a team. That said, I think Cutler learned a lot this year dealing with pressure and adversity. After this past season, I'm sure his "internal clock" got some fine-tuning!!

I was very impressed with Cutler's play under pressure, I'd love to see what he could do with some decent time!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                              Looks like Cutlerfan has his very own "fanboi"!!

To be fair, there were injuries and a lot of movement on the O-line, the O-line does need some continuity to really work well as a team. That said, I think Cutler learned a lot this year dealing with pressure and adversity. After this past season, I'm sure his "internal clock" got some fine-tuning!!

I was very impressed with Cutler's play under pressure, I'd love to see what he could do with some decent time!
                              From Rivals

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...144&CID=749667

12. Denver (7-9)
                              The Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.*
                              The buzz: The Broncos offensive line must improve for QB Jay Cutler to take the next step as an NFL starter.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Working...
                              X