Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If our offensive line could give Cutler five seconds to throw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by slick7 View Post
    I'm laughing, and nodding my head in agreement at the same time.

    I think I have a man crush on you.

    Great minds think alike......

    Btw, this shouldn't be taken as me criticizing Shanahan to harshly, because he's a great coach, I just don't think he has any intention of changing the way he's done things for 13years.

    It's a flaw in his style that I've come to accept, but still like to complain about......
    Last edited by stnzed; 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      Great minds think alike......

      Btw, this shouldn't be taken as me criticizing Shanahan to harshly, because he's a great coach, I just don't think he has any intention of changing the way he's done things for 13years.

      It's a flaw in his style that I've come to accept, but still like to complain about......
      True.

      What else are we going to do until April anyways.

      He needs to change though, this isn't the late 90's team anymore, and these guys are far from Stink, T Jones, Zimmerman etc.

      His main priority should be protecting his QB. You have every right to complain about that.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
        Like New England does Jay could put up numbers like Brady did too.

        NE has three pro bowl offensive linemen!

        BUT - you saw what happened when they pressured Brady and got to him.

        Three picks!
        Just because a QB gets time does not mean he will be able to pick people apart.

        If that was the case then teams would get the best lineman around first then just pick up some QB out there.

        Comment


        • #34
          That's right......

          Originally posted by slick7 View Post
          True.

          What else are we going to do until April anyways.

          He needs to change though, this isn't the late 90's team anymore, and these guys are far from Stink, T Jones, Zimmerman etc.

          His main priority should be protecting his QB. You have every right to complain about that.

          Because, regardless of what nob thinks, give Cutler time and he will pick you apart......

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by naf_tlob View Post
            Just because a QB gets time does not mean he will be able to pick people apart.

            If that was the case then teams would get the best lineman around first then just pick up some QB out there.
            it's not that black or white

            but the topic creator makes a good point. though i don't think he'd put up brady numbers, numbers like those will probably never be touched until the game undergoes a massive change, or another team decides to throw weekly temper fits and run up the score.
            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


            Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

            Comment


            • #36
              Thats it beast I warned you... dont mess with my dog cutlerfan or anybody else on these boards and I will leave you alone.... well guess what its personal.

              HEY BEAST WHY DONT YOU GO BACK UNDER THAT ROCK YOU CAME FROM, AND SHUT UP!! NOBODY LIKES YOU HERE MAN, EVER SINCE YOU CAME ALONG IT SEEMED LIKE YOU WERE THE BUTT HOLE OF ALL THE BOARDS. IN MATTER OF FACT YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEBODY NAMED MICKEY LEE FROM THE MYSPACE BRONCO GROUP. HE WOULD ALSO SAY THE MOST NEGATIVE THINGS, SO I MUST ASK MICKEY LEE IS THAT YOU, YOU PILE CRAP. IF NOT I AM SORRY, BUT YOU STILL DONT TALK TO PEOPLE THAT WAY. ACT LIKE ADULT, NOT LIKE A TEENAGER THAT INSULTS EVERYTHING HE SEES, IN FACT I DONT EVEN THINK YOU ARE A BRONCO FAN. I SMELL TROLL, SO PLEASE NEVER COME BACK BECAUSE YOU’RE JUST DOWN RIGHT ANNOYING......... I will take my maybe one month suspension now :wave:

              Comment


              • #37
                oh snap
                We got ourselves and E-fight going on

                But yea I wish we had a line just like everybody else does.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                  oh snap
                  We got ourselves and E-fight going on

                  But yea I wish we had a line just like everybody else does.
                  nah their is no "e fight" he just needs to watch him self when he his taking

                  back on topic

                  of course you would want a great O-line but two days ago sort of proofed it does not matter your going to get picked no matter what

                  but yes it would be really nice to have NE o-line

                  Comment


                  • #39


                    ahhh my eye! i'm not supposed to get bad linemen in it!
                    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      Because, regardless of what nob thinks, give Cutler time and he will pick you apart......
                      A well stated understatement!!
                      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                      More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                        I would like him too Roger. He is a bad boy.

                        I just want us to get Earl! I don't know if they would draft two Vandy players.

                        It would be cool, with Goff, Bennett, and Williams
                        The others on the board are probably why we are talking so highly of so many Vanderbilt players, and yet they are the perenniel underdogs.

                        It amazes me sometimes also. Yet, especially this year there are 3 Commodore seniors who will be in the NFL next season. That much is certain barring injury. I'd take all 3. They are as good as anyone else I've seen play, and all in Bronco needed positions!!

                        Those on the board that are not familiar with Vandy needs to know while although the overall talent level there is increasing. Still a long way to go.
                        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                        More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          When you pressure Tom Brady he is just an average QB. I believe that Jay Cutler will take us where we need to be and stay on top for a long long time!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by superfreakeeee View Post
                            When you pressure Tom Brady he is just an average QB. I believe that Jay Cutler will take us where we need to be and stay on top for a long long time!!
                            Wow what an enlightening post. Every QB in the NFL is an "average" QB when they are pressured.

                            "Larry Johnson is just an average RB when you put 8 in the box and think only "stop run""........

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              Wow what an enlightening post. Every QB in the NFL is an "average" QB when they are pressured.

                              "Larry Johnson is just an average RB when you put 8 in the box and think only "stop run""........
                              no not really. i know the "everyone else" line of thinking usually holds up, but not this time. some quarterbacks are good under pressure. look at cutler-he can step up, get hit and put the ball on a string. peyton manning looks like he makes some of his best passes when a blitz gets through sometimes. some qbs can make passes in the face of pressure. some can't. i think brady is alot like brett favre. the book's out. you rattle him, he won't perform nearly as well. it's not indicative of how good you are overall, it's just a trait. you can either step up in pressure, or you can't.
                              Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                              Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                              Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                                no not really. i know the "everyone else" line of thinking usually holds up, but not this time. some quarterbacks are good under pressure. look at cutler-he can step up, get hit and put the ball on a string. peyton manning looks like he makes some of his best passes when a blitz gets through sometimes. some qbs can make passes in the face of pressure. some can't. i think brady is alot like brett favre. the book's out. you rattle him, he won't perform nearly as well. it's not indicative of how good you are overall, it's just a trait. you can either step up in pressure, or you can't.
                                Cutler gets sacked and fumbles the ball under pressure. See the Detroit Lions and San Deigo Charger games.

                                The only QB who even has an argument for this is Ben Roethlesberger, who has a QB rating of an absurd 120.0 give or take when getting hit. It's like 30 points higher than any other QB in the NFL.

                                Maybe Ben Roethlesberger is the greatest to play the game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X