Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    aw. kleenex? don't avoid points. be a man. you couldn't think of a decent rebuttal, but you didn't want to give up the last word. here, you can have it, i feel kinda bad for you

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    I have a $100 bet that Cutler will be top 5 QB in the NFL next year. He was already top 10 in almost every major passing category this year with all the limitations on offense because of injury, so what makes you think he wont be a 30 TD 10-15 INT guy next year? I think he will be, and as far as what Brady did this year, i think Cutler is capable of doing that if all the stars align properly down the road, but it'll take him some time. This is Bradys 7th year, Manning did it in his 7th year I think, we'll wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    Debating. It's all good....until you can't think of a comeback. Then you change the subject like a sissy.
    ..or resort to personal attacks.

..whooPS

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    Debating. It's all good....until you can't think of a comeback. Then you change the subject like a sissy.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    buy a new deck troll boy. that jealous card's been played so much it's worn through.

oh, and don't avoid my reply or anything. i know it's getting in the way of you seeking the attention you likely aren't getting offline.
    Rage. It stems from jealousy in message board threads and comes in forms of personal attacks. Damn that Tom Brady.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    buy a new deck troll boy. that jealous card's been played so much it's worn through.

oh, and don't avoid my reply or anything. i know it's getting in the way of you seeking the attention you likely aren't getting offline.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    don't selectively handpick certain games or anything

seek attention elsewhere, troll
    Jealousy. It hangs out on message boards and watches one of the greatest QB's of all time go 18-0.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Manning sure didn't step up and make great throws against the Chargers in the regular season game when he was being pressured all game long and threw 6 interceptions. There goes that argument.
    don't selectively handpick certain games or anything

seek attention elsewhere, troll

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    yeah, big ben is the only qb who plays well under pressure. ahem. no. like i said, manning steps up and makes great throws against blitzes. same with cutler. cutler gets sacked a little more, fumbles a little more, but for a first and second year qb, he's performing very well. i know that'll be tough to see what with having such a skewed perspective on things, but it's just like how some qbs are good while on the run, some aren't.

but yeah i'm sure we all concluded big ben was the greatest

troll
    Manning sure didn't step up and make great throws against the Chargers in the regular season game when he was being pressured all game long and threw 6 interceptions. There goes that argument.
    Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vandyman53
    replied
    Originally posted by Zealander View Post
    I think Jay is going to become a great leader on this team. It's fine when he didn't come out his first year starting with a totally great leadership role... It's hard to be the new guy on the team and be a leader at the same time. However, I think the more confident Jay grows with his part as the leader of our offense this season the better leader he has become. He will continue to grow.

As far as the offensive line I definitely think beefing up the unit would be a great way to go because you really don't' know how much Tom and Ben really have. I would take an offensive linemen at least second round in the upcoming draft. Jay had to make a lot of tough plays this year because of our weak offensive line. I think he could play much better with a really protective pocket. We should build our franchise around the pass game.
    Your spot on Zealander. Jay will take more leadership responsibilities as he grows. Next year, I'm sure he will take a more active role. However, one must understand Cutler. He is a quiet leader. However, once he got sacked from the blind side against Ole Miss. Never saw it coming. When he got up he went right into the lineman's face who missed the block in front of 35,000. Turns out the lineman was his roommate.

I told this story a long time ago in here. Against Tennessee his senior year Vandy had marched down to the Vol 6 yd. line to win the game. The camera angle was perfect for one could see Cutler's back and him talking to the team in the huddle. The whole team was laughing. The next play I have a picture of on my wall.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    I think Jay is going to become a great leader on this team. It's fine when he didn't come out his first year starting with a totally great leadership role... It's hard to be the new guy on the team and be a leader at the same time. However, I think the more confident Jay grows with his part as the leader of our offense this season the better leader he has become. He will continue to grow.

As far as the offensive line I definitely think beefing up the unit would be a great way to go because you really don't' know how much Tom and Ben really have. I would take an offensive linemen at least second round in the upcoming draft. Jay had to make a lot of tough plays this year because of our weak offensive line. I think he could play much better with a really protective pocket. We should build our franchise around the pass game.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    keyword being usually. some great leaders weren't automatic leaders when they joined their teams. look at steve yzerman. probably the greatest leader in the history of organized sport, by far. he didn't step up right away. but look at vinny lecavalier. he was this insta-leader and it backfired.

cutler lead, just quietly. i'm not worried about lynch telling him to be more vocal. because he has been and nothing's been said about it since. i don't doubt his leadership qualities. some other great leaders are quiet and do it by example. ie; nick lidstrom or daniel aldreddsson. i use alot of hockey references but i'm a hockey fan. not everyone is al wilson. all leaders are different. i don't doubt his abilities and judging from my criticism of most any bronco who i see faults in, i'd say it if i did.

Leave a comment:

• naf_tlob
    replied
    1. rushes passes
    2. tries to do too much sometimes
    3. hasn't learned to secure the ball enough when taking a sack yet
    Do you believe he lacks in leadership abilities.

I mean....Lynch had to come to him half way through the year to tell him to lead them team.

Leaders usually do not have to be told to lead.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    1. rushes passes
    2. tries to do too much sometimes
    3. hasn't learned to secure the ball enough when taking a sack yet

Leave a comment:

• naf_tlob
    replied
    because i said he steps up into pressure well for his age and level of experience, that means i don't think he does anything wrong. reach much?
    Most of the posts I have read have been very much that he does things so well.

So what does he not do well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X