Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80 versus #15

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #80 versus #15

    Alright fellas. I just got back from lunch with a co worker of mine that is an undisputed Houston Titan/Tennessee Texans fairweather fan. I have recently referred to our wonderful message board in regard to a couple of heated discussions that he and I have had and you guys have always gotten my back. Good looking out! Anyway, this HoustonTitan fan over here has requested that I get on our message board to ask you guys a question on his behalf. He wanted me to ask all of you who would be your choice as a go to wide receiver on your team? Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans or Brandon Marshall (The Beast). My co worker has also requested that you guys be honest in your answer as well. He feels as though some of us might homer out and just automatically go for the guy in the orange and blue

    P.S. OH yeah, just to let you guys know this co worker of mine has also suggested that Warren Moon was a better come from behind quarterback than John Elway I might add. Just wanted to give you all a little background on this guys thought process.

    Give me your answers guys and gals! Peace
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

    sigpic

  • #2
    That is tough.

    Both players are very good and similar.


    I think Marshall lacks Johnson's speed, where as Johnson might lack Marshall's yards after contact attribute.


    I'd say I'd go with Brandon..

    Brandon became a #1 because Javon went down... and he still found a way to dominate games, especially when corners were actually paying attention to him at the end of the season.

    He finished his final two games with double digit reception games, and triple digit yard games.

    Not taking anything away from Johnson, but I'd choose Marshall bye a hair.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      That is tough.

      Both players are very good and similar.


      I think Marshall lacks Johnson's speed, where as Johnson might lack Marshall's yards after contact attribute.


      I'd say I'd go with Brandon..

      Brandon became a #1 because Javon went down... and he still found a way to dominate games, especially when corners were actually paying attention to him at the end of the season.

      He finished his final two games with double digit reception games, and triple digit yard games.

      Not taking anything away from Johnson, but I'd choose Marshall bye a hair.
      Thanks man, I'll forward your response. He's been really giving me the blues over here because the texans beat up on us this year. All he keeps saying to me is "31 to 13","31 to 13". Although the Houston Texans franchise will never be one that the Denver Broncos organization has been over the years I have to say that its getting to me out here in Houston. It really sucks for me in Houston after that loss earlier this season.
      http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JHoward View Post
        Thanks man, I'll forward your response. He's been really giving me the blues over here because the texans beat up on us this year. All he keeps saying to me is "31 to 13","31 to 13". Although the Houston Texans franchise will never be one that the Denver Broncos organization has been over the years I have to say that its getting to me out here in Houston. It really sucks for me in Houston after that loss earlier this season.


        No problem. It really is just a personal opinion. I'm sure that most fans on the Texans board would say Andre, but you never know.

        Comment


        • #5
          They are both pretty similar in terms of production. I would agree with the above comments-

          Johnson is faster but Marshall is more physical and his YAC

          Anyway, looking at this past year I would have to say Marshall because of his desire, # of yards, and he has a higher ceiling.

          Comment


          • #6
            I gotta go with Andre, he is a physical beast and everyone knows that they are throwing to him and he still gets a ton of receptions. B-Marsh is prolly the better value with Andre being picked as the #3 overall one year and B-Marsh being picked in the 4th round, not to mention the money. As far as head to head I have to go with Andre not many better than him.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've adopted the Texans as my second favorite team just because I want to see Kubes do well and there are a handful of Broncos with them as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                aj and it's not even close. I love brandon. he's as exciting as any young wr in this league. he's a beast with the yacs and has good hands. not to mention a pulverizing blocker. but aj is just way more explosive and physically as big and with better hands.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Although I am a huge fan of stats, statistically you can debate either side. I do believe that if the entire Broncos offense hadn't been so inept this season, you wouldn't even be able to compare the two but because Marshall has about 500 more recieving yards then Johnson and becuase he has been in the league half the amount of time, the vote is easily for Marshall. Johnson didn't out produce Marshall in anyway and his football shelf life is half expired, the reign of Lord Marshall has just begun.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                    Although I am a huge fan of stats, statistically you can debate either side. I do believe that if the entire Broncos offense hadn't been so inept this season, you wouldn't even be able to compare the two but because Marshall has about 500 more recieving yards then Johnson and becuase he has been in the league half the amount of time, the vote is easily for Marshall. Johnson didn't out produce Marshall in anyway and his football shelf life is half expired, the reign of Lord Marshall has just begun.
                    your comparing stats when one guy played the full season and the other guy only played half the season?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thats a really hard question, I would have to say Marshall though (this may just be that I am biased). Marshall is still very young and already proved he can be a #1 reciever. Both have very good hands and both are very tall. However, Marshall isnt the fastest of recievers yet he makes up for it with being possibly the hardest reciever to tackle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Brandon Marshall without a doubt. He has youth and great athletic ability.
                        As for the quarterback thing Elway was better in my book than Warren Moon ever was. Of course I am really biased on the whole subject.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think Marshall gets a slight edge due to blocking, and a mean streak. AJ is phenomenal, and as a pure WR one of the best in the NFL. But I like what Marshall adds to the offense in more than just the passing game.

                          Moon was an incredible, explosive QB (probably my 2nd favorite after Elway), but Elway was better, in all aspects of the game.

                          Just go back to the 94 playoffs and you'll find all the proof you need.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            At this point Johnson is better. Marshall had a great year and has the Potential to be a bigger threat but for now I would say Johnson.
                            Signature for rent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              They are both very good.

                              I think that Houston spreads the field a lot more than Denver. They threw a lot more long passes to AJ than Denver did to B Marsh.

                              That is why the yards B Marsh got he had to work for.

                              They are both great WR's though.

                              I don't know why everyone knocks on Marshall's speed. He is faster than most think.

                              He ran a 4.5 at the combine but is said to have run as fast as 4.3 on other occasions. AJ runs a 4.4

                              I think if B Marsh works on his consistency (which he said he will) then soon he will be the better of the two.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X