Tim Crowder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Crowder

He is 6'4" 275 lbs. Could we be using him more? Shift him around more? Look at what the Giants have done with Justin Tuck (6'5" 275lbs). He has become one of the main cogs in that defensive line. The play him both inside and out, and usually only rush the 4 down lineman and lead the league in sacks this year (53 i believe, with 44 or so coming from the line). I think having his speed, acceleration and strength inside could help the 2 ends. Should they use Crowder more? Maybe take take some Giant strategy? What do you all think?

Sals

Oh I bet we will he has the talent I would like to see him try the DT spot if we dont get a DT in the off-season because I think Marcus Thomas is not going to fit here in denver

Comment

I think Crowder should be the full time starter, he's big enough that he can stop the run and quick enough to rush the passer. Bumping him inside on passing downs and putting dumervil on the end would be a great combo.
      Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
      Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

I would like to see Ekuban and Crowder starting at the Ends with Elvis and Moss comming in fresh on passing downs, i think just having Ekuban back in there on the End will help shore up that run defense , Elvis is a very good pass rusher but if you play him as much as they did last season making him a starter he will run out of gas for the second half of the season and his run stopping skills arent nearly as good as his pass rushing skills, Moss's injury slowed his progress down a bit and in my opinion allowed Crowder to move ahead of him for now, i Think Crowder would be more prepared to start at end then Moss would be right now and to me Crowder is a better combo of pass rusher / run stopper then Moss is right now, Moss's specialty seems to be Pass rusher given his lighter body and speed/quickness, now im not saying Moss will never be a starter im just saying i dont think he is ready yet.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
          Oh I bet we will he has the talent I would like to see him try the DT spot if we dont get a DT in the off-season because I think Marcus Thomas is not going to fit here in denver
          Why will he not fit here? I'm not too knowledgeable about the DT system.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
            Why will he not fit here? I'm not too knowledgeable about the DT system.
            i said it wrong

i ment to say we should test them thier at the DT spot if thomas does not work out

Comment

They might wheigh the same but that means nothing. Crowder is more of an anchor then Tuck who is more agile. It also helps Tuck that he has Strahan and Osi at the ends which both demand alot of attention. He was just a rookie this year and he will see more time next year. Broncos love to rotate so with everyone healthy for once we will get to see plenty of everybody, best case scenario.
              Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
              GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
              #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
              #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
              #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
              #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
              Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Originally posted by broncsfan21 View Post
                I think Crowder should be the full time starter, he's big enough that he can stop the run and quick enough to rush the passer. Bumping him inside on passing downs and putting dumervil on the end would be a great combo.
                to me, dumervil starts opposite crowder. Moss will be the one that come in for passing downs when crowder is in the middle

Comment

i think a healthy crowder will be a better pass rusher n run stopper than moss will be this season. crowder did run a quicker 40 at the combine which mite not mean much but moss is behind interms of getting reps last season due to his injury. crowder will have a bigger impact. but at the same time i hope moss steps up and prooves his worth the first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosals24 View Post
                    He is 6'4" 275 lbs. Could we be using him more? Shift him around more? Look at what the Giants have done with Justin Tuck (6'5" 275lbs). He has become one of the main cogs in that defensive line. The play him both inside and out, and usually only rush the 4 down lineman and lead the league in sacks this year (53 i believe, with 44 or so coming from the line). I think having his speed, acceleration and strength inside could help the 2 ends. Should they use Crowder more? Maybe take take some Giant strategy? What do you all think?

Sals
                    Actually there was talk among the coaching staff about using him on the inside in certain situations when he was drafted. If we don't find some quality DT's I wouldn't rule it out....

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                      I would like to see Ekuban and Crowder starting at the Ends with Elvis and Moss comming in fresh on passing downs, i think just having Ekuban back in there on the End will help shore up that run defense , Elvis is a very good pass rusher but if you play him as much as they did last season making him a starter he will run out of gas for the second half of the season and his run stopping skills arent nearly as good as his pass rushing skills, Moss's injury slowed his progress down a bit and in my opinion allowed Crowder to move ahead of him for now, i Think Crowder would be more prepared to start at end then Moss would be right now and to me Crowder is a better combo of pass rusher / run stopper then Moss is right now, Moss's specialty seems to be Pass rusher given his lighter body and speed/quickness, now im not saying Moss will never be a starter im just saying i dont think he is ready yet.
                      Ekuban and Crowder are LDEs while Dumervil and Moss are RDEs. Different positions. No way do they take their best DL Dumervil off the field on 1st and 2nd downs. Instead they spell him with Moss. That helps keep him from wearing out.

Moss showed some promise but was raw and didn't play that well against the run. But, he was a rookie and rookie DL just don't do that well generally. It's rare that any will excel their rookie year. Just look at all the flack the Texans took for drafting Mario Williams #1 overall just because he didn't light the world on fire his rookie season. Well, he looked pretty damn good again in the Denver game. He's a clear future pro-bowl DE and a very good player to have on your team. Not a bust at all.

Moss should do better next year, in which case the Broncos have a decent rotation with Dumervil/Moss & Ekuban/Crowder.

Crowder can perhaps move to DT in 3rd down & long to provide extra pass-rush.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Carrington makes team next year.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                          Ekuban and Crowder are LDEs while Dumervil and Moss are RDEs. Different positions. No way do they take their best DL Dumervil off the field on 1st and 2nd downs. Instead they spell him with Moss. That helps keep him from wearing out.

Moss showed some promise but was raw and didn't play that well against the run. But, he was a rookie and rookie DL just don't do that well generally. It's rare that any will excel their rookie year. Just look at all the flack the Texans took for drafting Mario Williams #1 overall just because he didn't light the world on fire his rookie season. Well, he looked pretty damn good again in the Denver game. He's a clear future pro-bowl DE and a very good player to have on your team. Not a bust at all.

Moss should do better next year, in which case the Broncos have a decent rotation with Dumervil/Moss & Ekuban/Crowder.

I honestly don't think EE will be with us next year. He is an UFA, and I don't know that we will be able to keep him.
                          09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
                            to me, dumervil starts opposite crowder. Moss will be the one that come in for passing downs when crowder is in the middle
                            To me, Dumervil is like a great 6th man in the NBA. He is a completly unique player as a designated pass rusher, but he is NOT an ideal starter for the Broncos. He is like a third starter, and should be paid accordingly, but he is not stout enough against the run to start, and is best suited to play in a rotation on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Having said that, I would tear up his contract now and sign him to a new six year deal, and cash in on the savings, because as the old saying goes, 'you can pay me now, or pay me later'...and the later may be so expensive, he could leave in Free Agency as did Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward, who the Broncos also had a chance to re-sign early, but gambled they could sign them later, and lost. Understanding this is part of building a foundation of players YOU develop, and in managing the salary-cap. Unfortunatley, the Broncos too often fail to understand this.

As far as Crowder goes, I would not count on him as a starter. He was an over-rated player coming out of college, and I see him as a situational backup at best. He can become a good role-player, but I seriously doubt he has the goods to ever be what you want in a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post

Lol, yeah, like Left end Right end means anything on this team, a team that plays Foxworth at Safety and Moss, Crowder, and Peterson at DT....lol, other then that id agree with some of the stuff you said mainly about Moss, like i said given time he could be a starter, Elvis on the other hand im not so sure about, i mean i really like the guy but anybody could see he isnt good against the run and the poor guy wore out in the second half of the season starting every game, i think if you keep the guy fresh comming off the bench kinda like they did his rookie season he will be a force comming off that end position against the pass, but he will never be that good against the run.
                              Last edited by theshiverman; 01-30-2008, 08:56 PM.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X