Hamza Abdullah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamza Abdullah

What do you guys think about him? Fit to be a starter?

I honestly believe he is not good at all. He's just fresh and fast, that's it. He screws up a lot of plays. I remember one play where he absolutely whiffed by a frickin mile on a simple tackle.

He isn't a good replacement option, but it's the only the Broncos have got in my opinion.

I think Hamza could have been the most overrated player this past year for the Broncos.

Comment

i agree with you on this one man. I think he is a career backup and for people who complain about webster and gold, hamza over pursues just as much if not more. I think his major problem is that he tries to blow people up and then tackles with his arms instead of wrapping up with his body. I mean yeah he is young but with all the practice he's had and mentoring under lynch i was unimpressed. I do think he deserves a shot next year but if he doesn't preform early and often i would go elsewhere. Hopefully we address SS and FS in FA or the draft.
      Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
      Supporting this staff!
      Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

I think we need to revamp our entire safety core. Except Lynch can stay. I still don't buy into Ferguson, Abdulluh, or Brandon. Kenny Phillips please. We need some young talent
        Owned:
        sigpic

Comment

I am glad someone finally came out and said it. Hamza is highly overrated. Everyone it seems is like oh yeah lets draft or get a saftey in FA if lynch retires then him and abdullah will be our starting safteys. I think he has the potential to be a good starting saftey but he is not there yet. Unless he really impresses during the offseason and training camp I say if lynch stays we need to draft a Saftey (phillips) and if he does retire we draft a saftey and grab another in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
            I think we need to revamp our entire safety core. Except Lynch can stay. I still don't buy into Ferguson, Abdulluh, or Brandon. Kenny Phillips please. We need some young talent
            Sadly, Brandon is gone. He was a good backup, good in Big Nickel as many others have said.

Ferguson is a quiet solid contributor, worked his way up in the league. Probably wouldn't start on most teams, but would start on teams with bad S core. He is solid, not great, but solid.

Abdullah, not so much. I don't get why people were so high on him.

If Gold is to go, Abdullah and Webster should be going with him.

Here's my order of people to get rid of

Webster - not a good SLB at all. No freakin' way.
            Abdullah - Too young, goes for the nice little hit, not so hot in coverage, whiffs bigger than the "whiffs" that some people say Gold has
            Gold - shouldn't leave at all, he is a middle of the pack LB in the league, fine by me.

Comment

This was Abdullah's first year starting hopefully he can improve his play. The first 2 game.He played great than after that his play declined.He started to miss plenty of tackles and seemed to get overpowered by bigger wideouts and Te's.

Comment

I dont think we should judge the LBS play as much as we do. Remember that 2006 our dline was decent we actually was top 10 in league in run stopping. Our Run d had a HUGE decline from last year.Its because of the new system and a weak Dline.
                I remember seeing Amon Gordon get pushed 5 yard back from the line and Sam Adams trying to wedge the Center and Guard and just fall down.

Comment

Abdullah has the perfect size and build for a safety. Long skinny arms and good running speed. He has all the potential to be better than Lynch. I'm not sure if any safety had a good consistent year their first time starting.

Abdullah is going to be great.

edit*
                  6' 2"
                  216lbs
                  Last edited by Whiteyford; 01-30-2008, 08:22 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Hamzah. He made some mistakes last year but that doesn't make him a bad player. He knows what to work on and improve. He wouldn't have been a starter if Shanahan didn't think he could do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
                      I'm not sure if any safety had a good consistent year their first time starting.
                      Consistent? Far from it.

First game or two, pretty good, probably cause he was fresh.

If anything at all, he's been consistently (close to) sucking and declining.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                        What do you guys think about him? Fit to be a starter?

I honestly believe he is not good at all. He's just fresh and fast, that's it. He screws up a lot of plays. I remember one play where he absolutely whiffed by a frickin mile on a simple tackle.

He isn't a good replacement option, but it's the only the Broncos have got in my opinion.
                        His best game was at KC when they started him at FS, but that was only for one game, once Lynch came back they moved Abdullah to SS, do i think he is a great safety? nope, not to this point he isnt but that could change with more experance and a coordinator that might be able to put him in the right position, the real question is, who do you go with at the safety spots?
                        Lynch - may retire , who knows?
                        Ferguson - comming off an injury and was never very good even when he was healthy.
                        Foxworth - this guy is a CORNERBACK! he is not a safety, and he never will be a safety.
                        Abdullah - showed good signs, showed bad signs, needs more experance
                        Cargile - looked good in preseason but didnt get any time as a starter in regular season....no experance.
                        Rogers - Decent in college but no Pro experance.
                        Underwood - Green bay had high hopes for him, he has experance but never lived up to expectations.
                        Vaughn - 2nd year Pro that has never started or even played in an NFL game.

And thats it folks, thats all the talent the Broncos have at Safety, no wonder drafting a Safety in the 1st might not be a bad option...lol
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

give the guy a break... he may have been over hyped but he is only in his third year and last year was his first time getting extensive playing time and starting. He has been a pleasant surprise... remember we got him of another teams practice squad for nothing. I think he can be a solid start and even better if we get a young ballhawk fs... i would not be worried if we went into next with champ bly phillips and abdullah as our secondary. He is not a top safety and has been over hyped by broncos fans but he is still a solid player, stop trying to find another scapegoat.
                          sigpic
                          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                            give the guy a break... he may have been over hyped but he is only in his third year and last year was his first time getting extensive playing time and starting. He has been a pleasant surprise... remember we got him of another teams practice squad for nothing. I think he can be a solid start and even better if we get a young ballhawk fs... i would not be worried if we went into next with champ bly phillips and abdullah as our secondary. He is not a top safety and has been over hyped by broncos fans but he is still a solid player, stop trying to find another scapegoat.
                            Solid? Far from it.

If you want solid, Ferguson is your man. He hasn't been the same after his injury.

I believe that Abdullah was rotated in, and eventually started because he was fresh and young, and had to get experience.

Comment

Wow...people - if the Broncos are going to develop the team through young players and draft picks, you are going to have to get used to some growing pains. You can't give up on guys after a few games or even, in many cases, a full year.

Unless you are talking top tier talent, you need to give these players time to develop. Case in point: even the great Rod Smith was inconsistent catching the ball his first few years (as he developed from being a college QB). If you go by these standards, Smith never would have had a chance to become the player he did. One year, inconsistent hands. Ship him out!

Will Hamza become a great player? Maybe. John Lynch is on record as believing so. Next year will likely be his defining year - and the Broncos probably need to take a chance that he will develop so that they can address some of their other needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X