Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tatum Bell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tatum Bell

    Tatum Bell

    A fine combination of size, strength and speed

    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 213 lbs.
    College: Oklahoma State

    Clinton Portis

    Height: 5-11
    Weight: 205 lbs.
    College: Miami

    Dont they look the same?
    RunnersParadise

  • #2
    yeah ive heard lots of comparisons of bell and portis.


    Comment


    • #3
      yeah ive heard lots of comparisons of bell and portis.
      wanna share some?
      "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

      Comment


      • #4
        there both concided and have loud confidence.
        RunnersParadise

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tatum Bell

          Originally posted by RunnersParadise
          Tatum Bell

          A fine combination of size, strength and speed

          Height: 5' 11"
          Weight: 213 lbs.
          College: Oklahoma State

          Clinton Portis

          Height: 5-11
          Weight: 205 lbs.
          College: Miami

          Dont they look the same?
          Not really....Oklahoma State is by no means Miami...If you're talking about their height and weight, yeah....they're similar. But I know people who are the same height and weight who couldn't run from the sofa to the fridge and back. Only time will tell whether he'll be able to carry the "rock" in the NFL...The very same could be said about all of our other young backs...
          "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't recall what Portis ran at the combine, but I would think there numbers would be similar.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              According to a Denver Post article recently, Bell ran a 4.26 at the combine. That's F L Y I N G!! Portis reportedly ran a 4.23 at Miami's Pro Timing day.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bell certainly has a lot of speed, I hope we get see it on the field instead just talking about it.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #9
                  Tatum has the skill

                  He seems (on paper) a perfect fit for a Bronco running game but the learning curve and mental toughness required will tell the tale. CP got it and excelled...One of the first things I remember CP saying is how small the holes are in the NFL. If Tatum can deal with the higher level of D then he will do well. "there's no crying in football" deal or go home. I'm hoping he is as tough as CP.
                  This is the NFL!!

                  Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                  Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tatum has the skill

                    Originally posted by JED Bronco
                    He seems (on paper) a perfect fit for a Bronco running game but the learning curve and mental toughness required will tell the tale. CP got it and excelled...One of the first things I remember CP saying is how small the holes are in the NFL. If Tatum can deal with the higher level of D then he will do well. "there's no crying in football" deal or go home. I'm hoping he is as tough as CP.
                    Well if anyone can get Bell ready its Bobby Taylor, the Broncos running back coach. He's been in Denver all the backs that have rushed for a 1,000 yards in the Shanahan era.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yo I heard (someone on this board posted a stat) Bell is faster than CP. If in fact true the only comparison is height.
                      Training Camp is here.......Finally!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by GoBrOnCoS16; 07-26-2004, 09:45 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only thing

                        I see the same is the height. Maybe I need to concentrate more. Oh TxBronc I hope we get to see some of that speed on the field to

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The only thing

                          Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                          I see the same is the height. Maybe I need to concentrate more. Oh TxBronc I hope we get to see some of that speed on the field to
                          Ah you're just saying that to make me feel better.
                          John 11: 25-27

                          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                          Thanks Snk16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Re: Tatum has the skill

                            Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Well if anyone can get Bell ready its Bobby Taylor, the Broncos running back coach. He's been in Denver all the backs that have rushed for a 1,000 yards in the Shanahan era.
                            I really hope so because I'm not sold on Q. He is small and plays well on turf (like Barry did) but grass may be a different story and that is a handycap we don't need. It would seem to me he has alot of moves (like Barry) and could cost us yards on occasion. When someone mentioned we should use him for a trade with Miami to get a DL I was thinking not bad, just give Bell the ball!!!
                            This is the NFL!!

                            Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                            Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Re: Re: Tatum has the skill

                              Originally posted by JED Bronco
                              I really hope so because I'm not sold on Q. He is small and plays well on turf (like Barry did) but grass may be a different story and that is a handycap we don't need. It would seem to me he has alot of moves (like Barry) and could cost us yards on occasion. When someone mentioned we should use him for a trade with Miami to get a DL I was thinking not bad, just give Bell the ball!!!
                              Just to let ya know, Quentin played at OU on grass. So more than half his games were on grass. I'd have to do some research, but I think the majority of his games were on grass in college. It didn't seem to make a difference.
                              I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.







                              Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X