Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
    actually im getting kind of bored so this might be good
    Yeah true, but i'm not bored at all anymore, because football season is approaching!
    sigpic

Comment

From the RMN...

"The hang-up appears to be tied to signing-bonus money. There was a $115,000 drop-off between the deals given the eighth and ninth picks in the second round in 2003, and Bell was the ninth pick in April. Teams and agents work off 2003 numbers to "slot" rookie salaries while giving a percentage increase based on available rookie-pool money."

I've also read that Tatum is waiting to sign his contract until he sees what Julius Jones (RB - Dallas) is going to get. Afterall, the #43 pick can't make more money than the #41 - especially when they both play the same position.

Here's the problem: The Cowboys don't start camp until the 30th. They've also just signed what will probably be their starter in Eddie George. All of a sudden Julius Jones isn't the lock at RB that everybody thought he was going to be. What effect does the signing of George have on what the Cowboys are offering Jones? With this issue coupled with the Friday start of Cowboys camp and the "wait and see" comparitive approach from Tatum and his agent it might be Saturday (at the earliest) before we see Bell on the field. I hope not, but it's definitely a possibility.
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
        From the RMN...

"The hang-up appears to be tied to signing-bonus money. There was a $115,000 drop-off between the deals given the eighth and ninth picks in the second round in 2003, and Bell was the ninth pick in April. Teams and agents work off 2003 numbers to "slot" rookie salaries while giving a percentage increase based on available rookie-pool money."

I've also read that Tatum is waiting to sign his contract until he sees what Julius Jones (RB - Dallas) is going to get. Afterall, the #43 pick can't make more money than the #41 - especially when they both play the same position.

Here's the problem: The Cowboys don't start camp until the 30th. They've also just signed what will probably be their starter in Eddie George. All of a sudden Julius Jones isn't the lock at RB that everybody thought he was going to be. What effect does the signing of George have on what the Cowboys are offering Jones? With this issue coupled with the Friday start of Cowboys camp and the "wait and see" comparitive approach from Tatum and his agent it might be Saturday (at the earliest) before we see Bell on the field. I hope not, but it's definitely a possibility.
        I would think the signing of George will effect what they give Jones anyway. As you said George goes in as the starter and Jones will back him up. Hopefully, Bell and his agent will get this overwith quickly missing to much camp will set him behind.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I just read that Jones has agreed to terms and that he's all but signed. Hopefully, this will provide the framework for the final details of Bell's contract.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/fo...9270632.htm?1c
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
            HOLY CRAP! YOU START SCHOOL NEXT WEEK?! I start at the end of August
            same here

Comment

the more he waits the longer he hurts himself
              Go QG
              [iMG]

Comment

I fail to see why a higher draft pick should make more money. Position does not always relate to value. We took Bell in that spot because he fit our system better than JOnes, does that meen he is actually a better player or just had the fortune to be picked in that spot due to other teams needs? If you are a rookie and a questionable ball handler, you better drag your ass to camp with what was offered and show what you have before you get head strong aboput your pay. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Its his agent that is quibbling and his responsibility to his client is to get the deal done.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                    That is your best bet shut up
                    Just a word to the wise, not all of the folks on the forum are from DEN, some are from foriegn countries from Europe to Quatar to Brazil. Some are even from the east coast, where they speak funny.

Not everyone has a command of the English language as we from DEN have. Some are not native tongue english speakers and some have a different syntax to their style. Translating from Portugese to English is not easy.

So we might want to lighten up a bit with our foreign fans.

Comment

Broncos haven't had a rookie hold out in 10 years! And this kid is a 2nd round pick! This is NOT the way he should start his career...he isn't getting any more popular with his #1 fans...US!

Comment

Agreed the agent is the problem. Although the Bell has the final say in what he takes to become a PLAYER. Holding out to see what someone else makes is not the ideal way to begin your NFL career. All I am saying is if the guy truly wants to be the rushing leader he needs to get off the pot and get into camp and show what he has. Although I do agree that all teh guys need to and should be paid.

Comment

Absolutely, but I would guess that most rookies would maybe a little naive, so right now he thinks agent is doing what's right for him, when if fact the guy is actually hurting him. Maybe now that Jones' deal is done that will get thinks moving a little more quickly.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoAZ
                            Broncos haven't had a rookie hold out in 10 years! And this kid is a 2nd round pick! This is NOT the way he should start his career...he isn't getting any more popular with his #1 fans...US!
                            Think you are incorrect.

I think that Trevor P was late as well as poorti$, but I could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoAZ
                              Would you rather have him sign a deal, and 2 yrs from now (when he gets 1500 yards) hold out cause he's underpaid. People will say he should have signed a better contract. He should stick to the deal he signed. He should not sign until his contract is done to his liking.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                                Would you rather have him sign a deal, and 2 yrs from now (when he gets 1500 yards) hold out cause he's underpaid. People will say he should have signed a better contract. He should stick to the deal he signed. He should not sign until his contract is done to his liking.

Being the last one to sign he gets only what is left, only so much money in the till.

It's all done by formulas, pck number such and such gets X while there might be a few extra bucks here or there it is pretty much a done deal at this point. A second rounder is not going to get BEEG BUCKs regardless.

If he does not like whats offerred. See ya in next years redraft.

poorti$ problem was he thought he was a number 1 pick, could not live with reality he was not loved.
                                Last edited by Jrhampton; 07-29-2004, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X