Those freakin' agents strike again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those freakin' agents strike again!

I loathe Carl and Kevin Poston as agents. Everybody they represent seems to cause their teams serious contract problems. The main reason we lost Ian Gold this offseason was because they convinced him he was worth a lot more than he ended up getting.

They've caused problems on a couple of occasions with Lavar Arrington. They helped Milloy get cut by the Patriots and now he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring from last year. They're why Ty Law almost held out despite already having a contract that I believe still had him paid more than any other corner until Champ signed with us. They've caused problems with Charles Woodson, Orlando Pace and others. When recently looking for an agent, the #5 pick in the draft Sean Taylor was quick to assure the Redskins that he was NOT considering the Postons just to put everybody's minds at ease. The Postons constantly cause contract problems and will drop holdout threats at the drop of a hat while making insane contract demands (e.g. the demanded a $71 million contract for Orlando Pace with $30 million guaranteed ).

Here's a nice article on them: Contract season puts Postons into play

And now this from Niners expect LB Peterson to stretch holdout:
    "The San Francisco 49ers' contract talks with All-Pro linebacker Julian Peterson are in a stalemate, and he is expected to hold out when training camp opens Friday.

The 49ers are preparing for life without their two-time Pro Bowler while clinging to hope he'll accept their contract proposal or a one-year franchise tender offer to end what could quickly become a nasty holdout.
    And Donahue hasn't even spoken to Peterson's agent, Kevin Poston, since the spring. The 49ers don't intend to budge from their offer of a six-year, $37.8 million contract with a $5.35 million first-year salary and a $15.5 million signing bonus, which would make Peterson one of the highest-paid linebackers in NFL history.
    "The last conversation I had with Kevin Poston, he said he wanted [Peterson] paid like Peyton Manning," said Donahue, referring to the Indianapolis quarterback's $98 million deal. "That's simply not going to happen. ... They would like Julian to be the highest-paid defensive player in the league, and that simply isn't going to happen."
    And for those of you who haven't seen it, here's a funny little parody about the Postons and their negotiations with the Browns for Kellen Winslow Jr's contract:
    www.footballguys.com/04bang_negotiation.htm

God, I really hope we don't have any more players on the Broncos represented by these guys.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Too bad their clients haven't been smart enough to figure out that these two clowns have negitive impact on their careers. Like you said, I sure hope they don't ever represent players on the Broncos.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

They get the job done though.

I know it is their job, but I still can't stand them. I feel that if a player decides to hold out, then the league should levy a mandatory 3-4 year suspension. That would make players think twice about going against their words and teach them that nobody can hold the league for ransom. If a team should label the player with the franchise tag then the player would have to play for that period but would be free to sign with another team (should they desire) when the year is up.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

They Sucks...

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

These Poston chumps are breaking the bank with this kind of tomfoolery. The real jackasses are the players that believe all the bull these guys feed them. How Julian Peterson could honestly believe he's worth Peyton Manning money, I'll never know. Julian has had one good year, last year. The offer the 49ers have on the table is HUGE and I'm apalled that Peterson won't sign the dotted line. How a man can turn down 15 million dollars of up front money, I'll never know. Peterson is the moron for believing in Poston. These agents are the scum of the earth in my opinion. Ian Gold blows his knee out and then agrees with Poston that he should be paid as a top 5 LB? Ridiculous, it really is.

Comment

Pace pretty much told them to get a deal done, and if they couldn't get it done, then he will find someone who will. He wants to stay in St. Louis and is getting sick of the contract bs these pinheads continue to create for him. I would love to see him just fire their asses and be done with it. It's not like he will ever be able to spend all that he has earned up to this point, let alone the future earnings.
            GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by amikus44
              Pace pretty much told them to get a deal done, and if they couldn't get it done, then he will find someone who will. He wants to stay in St. Louis and is getting sick of the contract bs these pinheads continue to create for him. I would love to see him just fire their asses and be done with it. It's not like he will ever be able to spend all that he has earned up to this point, let alone the future earnings.
              If they keep this bs up I hope he does fire them, maybe then guys like Julian Peterson will wake up see that these two idiots are only hurting them and their teams.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Ha! At least the Postons are screwing over the Faiders.
                Quoted from SI's article Raiders brace for long holdout by Woodson

The Oakland Raiders are prepared to deal with what could be a lengthy holdout by star cornerback Charles Woodson.

The Raiders placed the franchise tag on Woodson, a four-time Pro Bowl selection in February. With the franchise designation, he would make about $8.8 million this season, but Woodson hasn't signed the Raiders' tender.
                Turner added that he doesn't expect Woodson to hold out all year. A call to Woodson's agent, Carl Poston, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

All-Pro linebacker Julian Peterson of San Francisco also is expected to hold out as a franchise player. Peterson is represented by Poston's brother, Kevin. Pace, the Rams' franchise player, is another holdout whose agent is Carl Poston.
                ------

Comment

Well, the Postons are at it again. The Cleveland Browns offered Kellen Winslow Jr. a contract that would make him the highest paid tight end in NFL history. Now remember, this guy is a ROOKIE and they were going to pay him more than Shannon Sharpe ever made and more than Tony Gonzalez makes right now despite the fact that Kellen hasn't played a single down yet. And the Postons said no. I hate (H-A-T-E) those sonsab!tches!!

Winslow's agent rejects Browns' lucrative offer

And some of you thought we had it bad with Bell and his agent...
                  ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    Well, the Postons are at it again. The Cleveland Browns offered Kellen Winslow Jr. a contract that would make him the highest paid tight end in NFL history. Now remember, this guy is a ROOKIE and they were going to pay him more than Shannon Sharpe ever made and more than Tony Gonzalez makes right now despite the fact that Kellen hasn't played a single down yet. And the Postons said no. I hate (H-A-T-E) those sonsab!tches!!

Winslow's agent rejects Browns' lucrative offer

And some of you thought we had it bad with Bell and his agent...
                    Those are the worst agents, how can they expect more money than what the browns are offering.
                    Smith's First Catch
                    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

I think it'd be a smart move for the browns, to start at their 'top' amount, and then every day, drop it some. The longer his holdout goes......the less he'll make. THEN see how long his sorry 'soldier' azz holds out.
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

"The Browns are hoping to avoid a lengthy holdout with Winslow, the former University of Miami star. Winslow was issued No. 11 by the club during mini-camp but wants No. 80 -- the number his father wore during his Hall of Fame career for San Diego.

However, No. 80 currently belongs to Aaron Shea, who will only give it up for the right price.

"It's going to cost him now," Shea joked. "And it's going to go up every day." "

LOL!

Comment

This just adds to me wanting to see winslow laid out by kenoy.........man winslow is such a punk.........100% worse than shockey how the hell can he possibly want more money than the #5 pick, he's a tight end .......get over yourself punk
                          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Doesn't the decision to accept or deny a contract have to be done by a player? I mean it's HIS contract. Unless Winslow himself gave this kind of power to Poston, which is totally stupid. The Browns should not even budge on their contract offer. They should sit on it and tell Winslow he better be ready to enter the draft next year again if he doesn't sign this deal. How you can say no to a deal like that I don't understand. These Poston guys should be lined up and caned.

Comment

I remember the pre-draft talk about how we should trade up to get Winslow. I am SOOO glad that didn't happen.

Some people complain about how we never have any really high picks in the first round. But, aside from the fact that it means we didn't have a crappy season, it keeps us from spending a fortune on an unproven player. I mean, Winslow is supposed to be a sure thing. But we all know there is no such thing as sure thing when it comes to the draft.

For example, Courtney Brown was the #1 pick in the draft a few years back and has been nothing but ordinary. Oh, and vastly overpaid. How about Ryan Leaf being the #2 pick in the draft. And the list goes on. Those teams wasted a ton of money on those high draft pick flops.

If we blow it on our first rounder, we're not out nearly as much. Eli Manning's contract averages $9 million per season. Gallery's averages $8.6 million. While D.J. Williams' contract hasn't been disclosed, last year's 17th pick got $2 million per season. So, if D.J. should bust (God forbid) we'll be out far less than any of the teams that bust with the top 5 picks.

And when you add in the Postons' gouging techniques, it becomes that much scarier to draft a guy like Winslow.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X