Those freakin' agents strike again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booher
    This just adds to me wanting to see winslow laid out by kenoy.........man winslow is such a punk.........100% worse than shockey how the hell can he possibly want more money than the #5 pick, he's a tight end .......get over yourself punk
    I would love to see Kenoy (he is one of my favorite broncos) lay out Winslow.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
      Doesn't the decision to accept or deny a contract have to be done by a player? I mean it's HIS contract. Unless Winslow himself gave this kind of power to Poston, which is totally stupid. The Browns should not even budge on their contract offer. They should sit on it and tell Winslow he better be ready to enter the draft next year again if he doesn't sign this deal. How you can say no to a deal like that I don't understand. These Poston guys should be lined up and caned.
      Yes it his decision, but the Poston's paid to advise him. They're certainly going put their own spin on the contract. It sounds to me like the Poston's are snakes and will say anything. I honestly don't think they give a rip about Winslow, as long as they get paid so what if they destory his career before even gets started. Buttholes is what they are.

If came to Winslow going back into the draft that would hurt him. He has immense talent but I would alot teams would pass on because he will be seem as unsignable. Then he takes a hugh risk of not even being drafted in first round at all. Agents like them only hurt their clients.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Guess it all adds up to the mental geniuses that are coming out of college that can not think for themselves.

Most of the players could not two consecutive sentences together if their life depended on it. Some schools are worse than others, MIA is one of the worst of course they put out a pretty good football player. Stanford is probably the best educated of the group.

It is a shame that kids get the opportunity to go to school for free and are intellectual morons when they get out.

Could be the reason they rely upon predators like the Postons so heavily. Wonder which schools most of their clients come from?

There was a story about WAS passing on Winslow because of the postons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
          Guess it all adds up to the mental geniuses that are coming out of college that can not think for themselves.
          No joke. If it were me, I would said screw the agent. They generally get 3% of the contract. If I'm about the 17th pick in the draft (D.J. Williams), I say give the last year's 17th pick's contract plus about 5% increase (standard) which will give me about a 5 year contract for $10.5 million. I save $315,000 and pay a lawyer around $10,000 to make sure there's nothing weird in the contract and have and extra $305,000 in my pocket.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
            No joke. If it were me, I would said screw the agent. They generally get 3% of the contract. If I'm about the 17th pick in the draft (D.J. Williams), I say give the last year's 17th pick's contract plus about 5% increase (standard) which will give me about a 5 year contract for $10.5 million. I save $315,000 and pay a lawyer around $10,000 to make sure there's nothing weird in the contract and have and extra $305,000 in my pocket.
            Makes sense to me but when you have someone blowing smoke up your ass about how good you are, and when you are totally inept at anything but playing sports.

BTW I beleive the average agent gets 5% up front.

Who you gonna call?

Comment

Makes sense to me but when you have someone blowing smoke up your ass about how good you are, and when you are totally inept at anything but playing sports.

Who you gonna call?

Err, the ghostbusters?

Comment

That would probably be for the best.
                "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Who you gonna call?
                  I never really paid that close of attention to agents till now. Don't they also get a fee for being on retainer?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    I never really paid that close of attention to agents till now. Don't they also get a fee for being on retainer?

I think it is just a % of the contract, like all other scum sucking lawyers the more you get the more they get.

But of course if one of my big time clients called I'd sure listen.

Comment

I hate those guys, cause they involved with team chemistry. No agent should be able to disrupt a team like that. I cant wait till one of the broncos hires the poston brothers. That player will find out that the broncos dont bend. Oh, I forgot Ian Gold already learned the hard way. He screwed himself. The Postons only are able to bully the weak teams. As you see with Milloy and Gold, good organizations dont bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        I remember the pre-draft talk about how we should trade up to get Winslow. I am SOOO glad that didn't happen.

Some people complain about how we never have any really high picks in the first round. But, aside from the fact that it means we didn't have a crappy season, it keeps us from spending a fortune on an unproven player. I mean, Winslow is supposed to be a sure thing. But we all know there is no such thing as sure thing when it comes to the draft.

For example, Courtney Brown was the #1 pick in the draft a few years back and has been nothing but ordinary. Oh, and vastly overpaid. How about Ryan Leaf being the #2 pick in the draft. And the list goes on. Those teams wasted a ton of money on those high draft pick flops.

If we blow it on our first rounder, we're not out nearly as much. Eli Manning's contract averages $9 million per season. Gallery's averages $8.6 million. While D.J. Williams' contract hasn't been disclosed, last year's 17th pick got $2 million per season. So, if D.J. should bust (God forbid) we'll be out far less than any of the teams that bust with the top 5 picks.

And when you add in the Postons' gouging techniques, it becomes that much scarier to draft a guy like Winslow.
                        I still hard time with what Poston is doing. The Browns are willing to make him the highest paid TE in the game without playing and thats not enough. IMHO all can see them doing is hurting their client instead of helping him. Btw Jav, is Poston Gold's agent as well?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Btw Jav, is Poston Gold's agent as well?
                          Bell's main representative was a guy named Jeff Griffin. I don't know if he's solo or works for a larger firm. It's possible it could be the Postons but I really don't know.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                          X