Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moonshot314
    replied
    Good point, I agree totally. But two things that help either a suspect offense or a suspect defense is turnovers and Special Teams which are areas the Chiefs excelled at last year.
    I think special teams will be easier to continue than turnovers.. teams will kick out of bounds to avoid hall and when he does get it he doesnt have to take it to the house to make a difference.. i dont think he will score like last year but i think he will be a factor everytime he touches the ball. We seem to agree a lot lately.

Only by a few. I've said all along that the simple switch from Robinson to Cunningham should make a big difference. My only question is how big a difference?
    Well thank you jav.. i expected a jab for that one. i think gunther can be the difference but i dont think hell make that much of a difference this year as he will in 2005 when he has an offseason to get his players.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofan303
    Romo? more like Atwater-Smith days.. great d of the 80's..
    I
    D
    i
    d
    n
    t
    E
    x
    c
    i
    s
    t
    I
    n
    T
    h
    e
    '
    s

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by moonshot314
    Now you just have to hope that you arent like we were last year and a one sided team. No matter how many points you score if you cant stop the other team from scoring its hard to win. Same can be said in Denvers situation.. No matter how good a defense is in todays nfl they will give up some points. Can denvers offense do enough ? I know you all are goin to be in all out attack mode on me for this one but in all honesty just like the chiefs defense i have questions about the denver offense. They both have something to prove.
    Good point, I agree totally. But two things that help either a suspect offense or a suspect defense is turnovers and Special Teams which are areas the Chiefs excelled at last year.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    But if we say the same thing about our defense and gunther we are called idiots.
    Only by a few. I've said all along that the simple switch from Robinson to Cunningham should make a big difference. My only question is how big a difference?

But that's part of the fun. If we knew all the answers there would be no reason to watch the games.

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    Are we guaranteed of a good offense? No. But I think the odds are in our favor with Shanahan as our coach.
    But if we say the same thing about our defense and gunther we are called idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Now you just have to hope that you arent like we were last year and a one sided team. No matter how many points you score if you cant stop the other team from scoring its hard to win. Same can be said in Denvers situation.. No matter how good a defense is in todays nfl they will give up some points. Can denvers offense do enough ? I know you all are goin to be in all out attack mode on me for this one but in all honesty just like the chiefs defense i have questions about the denver offense. They both have something to prove.
    That's a good point. But in the nine years that Shanahan has been our coach, I can only think of one season where we failed to have a good offense (not always top 5 but still good). And we had a couple of obvious reasons for that one.

Are we guaranteed of a good offense? No. But I think the odds are in our favor with Shanahan as our coach.

Leave a comment:

• moonshot314
    replied
    At this point, the defense looks good enough to compete with any team in the League now its time for them to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    At this point, the defense looks good enough to compete with any team in the League now its time for them to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
    No they won't I can't wait either. But this is not as exciting as the Atwater-Romo days.
    Romo? more like Atwater-Smith days.. great d of the 80's..

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    d.j. will improve through his career but he should play at a high level as a ROOKIE.

why?

look at any1 coming out of miami - 80% are rookie studs.

Leave a comment:

• skte1ement
    replied
    Defense looks great, my only question is can the d line stop the run and put pressure on opponants qb. Also is Williams going to make an impact in his rookie year? If these questions are yes our defense is going to be pretty much unstopable i think.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    they were gr8 but if we got to the SB THIS YEAR it would be an even greater achievment in my opinion because there are so many good teams (espeically in the AFC)
    True.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    they were gr8 but if we got to the SB THIS YEAR it would be an even greater achievment in my opinion because there are so many good teams (espeically in the AFC)

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    sure it is, we can make the D our all-time best. we DO have the potential.
    It's gonna be very exciting but I just loved the Atwater-Romo days.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
    No they won't I can't wait either. But this is not as exciting as the Atwater-Romo days.
    sure it is, we can make the D our all-time best. we DO have the potential.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X