Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanahan denies spying allegation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
    If you read the actual article that Shanahan is complaining about....


    Those quotes were supplied by AJ Smith.

    But now who knows if any of it is true.
    That is pure BS....show me the quotes where AJ Smith accuses the Broncos of cheating.

    You can't...they don't exist.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
      That is pure BS....show me the quotes where AJ Smith accuses the Broncos of cheating.

      You can't...they don't exist.

      It's not BS at all. If you read the article carefully the journalist said he spoke to AJ Smith who did not personally state it was the broncos but said he didn't add the extra security for no reason.


      I would love to show you the original article, but since it was all a lie it has edited by Yahoo removing that paragraph.

      http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

      I don't see why you think its pure BS. The guy completely made up a story about Denver videotaping....why wouldn't he make up having received the information from AJ?

      Its obvious this is journalism at its worst and most pathetic.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by cloud of dust View Post
        Charger GM AJ Smith was kind of coy about the Broncos spying thing, and maybe alluding to the fact it could have happened. Is anyone looking forward to the coming day when we start kicking Phillip Rivers ass and shutting his big mouth? He proved what a punk he is when he was yelling at Cutler. The last two years have been humiliating and the tides need to start tuning. the Chargers had something like 22 players get some sort of surgery after the season.
        LOL.

        I think it was only 11 though.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
          It's not BS at all. If you read the article carefully the journalist said he spoke to AJ Smith who did not personally state it was the broncos but said he didn't add the extra security for no reason.


          I would love to show you the original article, but since it was all a lie it has edited by Yahoo removing that paragraph.

          http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

          I don't see why you think its pure BS. The guy completely made up a story about Denver videotaping....why wouldn't he make up having received the information from AJ?

          Its obvious this is journalism at its worst and most pathetic.

          http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...s-nothing-new/



          Here is a link to that missing paragraph. Still looking for that quote from AJ Smith. Funny..he's not even mentioned by name in the article.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
            http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...s-nothing-new/



            Here is a link to that missing paragraph. Still looking for that quote from AJ Smith. Funny..he's not even mentioned by name in the article.
            Sorry, that's not the actual original. In the original it said AJ. That is PFT's own article quoting certain parts of the Yahoo article only. It does not contain the entire thing. I've seen the PFT one as well.

            I don't know why you seem to care so much. Either way it was completely fabricated...so why do you care if he said AJ, Spanos, or Philip Rivers? They are all a lie regardless.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
              http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...s-nothing-new/



              Here is a link to that missing paragraph. Still looking for that quote from AJ Smith. Funny..he's not even mentioned by name in the article.
              Ok...Just to please you..This article has some of the ORIGINAL AJ Smith references...

              http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...25chnotes.html

              By Kevin Acee
              UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

              February 25, 2008

              INDIANAPOLIS – Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith had no comment yesterday about a report that the Denver Broncos had taped Chargers practices.

              The story on Yahoo.com, which did not cite any sources, said the Chargers increased their security “several years ago” during weeks in which they played the Broncos because Denver spies were videotaping Chargers practices.

              “Ever since I was hired as general manager I went into procedures,” Smith said, referring to the fact the Chargers have beefed up security around their facility year-round since 2003. “Why'd I go into those procedures? I won't go down those roads.”


              Advertisement
              The Yahoo report said, “The NFL had been aware of it for several years (at least one NFL official had seen one of the tapes), but didn't step in because it was considered a team issue.”

              The Yahoo story was about the larger topic of cheating being a long-standing issue in the NFL, and the reference to the Chargers and Broncos was one paragraph.

              “The Denver Broncos will have no comment,” team spokesman Jim Saccomano said yesterday.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                Sorry, that's not the actual original. In the original it said AJ. That is PFT's own article quoting certain parts of the Yahoo article only. It does not contain the entire thing. I've seen the PFT one as well.

                I don't know why you seem to care so much. Either way it was completely fabricated...so why do you care if he said AJ, Spanos, or Philip Rivers? They are all a lie regardless.
                First of all, neither of us know if the story was fabricated...I think the NFL wants the whole cheating scandal to just go away. I read the original Cole article and he never mentioned AJ Smith. The only comments AJ made on the subject were in the Union Trib article and he was very vague on the whole thing. I just find it amazing how some other posters in this thread turn it around and make the Chargers the bad guys for increasing security around their facilities...truly amazing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                  Ok...Just to please you..This article has some of the ORIGINAL AJ Smith references...

                  http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...25chnotes.html

                  By Kevin Acee
                  UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

                  February 25, 2008

                  INDIANAPOLIS – Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith had no comment yesterday about a report that the Denver Broncos had taped Chargers practices.

                  The story on Yahoo.com, which did not cite any sources, said the Chargers increased their security “several years ago” during weeks in which they played the Broncos because Denver spies were videotaping Chargers practices.

                  “Ever since I was hired as general manager I went into procedures,” Smith said, referring to the fact the Chargers have beefed up security around their facility year-round since 2003. “Why'd I go into those procedures? I won't go down those roads.”


                  Advertisement
                  The Yahoo report said, “The NFL had been aware of it for several years (at least one NFL official had seen one of the tapes), but didn't step in because it was considered a team issue.”

                  The Yahoo story was about the larger topic of cheating being a long-standing issue in the NFL, and the reference to the Chargers and Broncos was one paragraph.

                  “The Denver Broncos will have no comment,” team spokesman Jim Saccomano said yesterday.

                  The yahoo story cited no sources...AJ was never mentioned dude.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
                    First of all, neither of us know if the story was fabricated...I think the NFL wants the whole cheating scandal to just go away. I read the original Cole article and he never mentioned AJ Smith. The only comments AJ made on the subject were in the Union Trib article and he was very vague on the whole thing. I just find it amazing how some other posters in this thread turn it around and make the Chargers the bad guys for increasing security around their facilities...truly amazing.

                    ugggh. you are impossible.


                    These are quotes FROM THE ORIGINAL!!!!!

                    They are even on the friggin San Diego Union Tribune site. Would they make it up?

                    The story is a fabrication. Shanahan denied it ever happened, the NFL denies ever seeing or hearing about tapes, and SD won't confirm it either. That means there is no source to this information. Yahoo investigated the story and determined it was not credible. In other words, the writer made it up.

                    No one is making SD out to be the bad guys. That is where you are misunderstanding. It is quite the opposite. SD got stuck in this mess just like Denver did.

                    The bad guy here is the terrible journalist.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post
                      The yahoo story cited no sources...AJ was never mentioned dude.
                      ummm...we all know this.

                      AJ was not listed as a "SOURCE"

                      He was questioned and quoted in the article, as you see above. Therefore he was allegedly the source of those words in quotations.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Shanahan threatens legal action against Web site

                        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html


                        DENVER (AP) -- Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday removed a paragraph in a nearly 6-month-old story that alleged secret videotaping by the Denver Broncos after coach Mike Shanahan's attorney sent a letter to the Internet giant demanding a retraction.

                        Yahoo! Sports editors also added a note saying the paragraph in the Sept. 13 article did not meet the site's editorial standards, spokeswoman Nicol Addison said.
                        The story, written when the videotape cheating scandal involving the New England Patriots dominated the news, had been cited by various media outlets around Denver in recent weeks.

                        "We took immediate action to eliminate the content from our site as soon as we became aware of this matter," the editor's note said.

                        Without citing sources, the paragraph alleged the San Diego Chargers added security on a hill next to the team's practice complex because Shanahan hired spies to videotape the Chargers' practice. The paragraph also said the NFL knew about the alleged taping.

                        In a letter sent Feb. 26, Shanahan's attorney Harvey Steinberg called the paragraph "completely untrue and without foundation" and the article "defamatory and libelous."

                        After the paragraph was removed, Steinberg said: "I appreciate Yahoo's acknowledgment of their mistake and I'm glad they took the first step in righting the wrong."

                        Greg Aiello, the NFL's spokesman, also called the article inaccurate.

                        "We are not aware of any such video and no one in our office has seen the video," Aiello said in an e-mail.
                        "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by cloud of dust View Post
                          Charger GM AJ Smith was kind of coy about the Broncos spying thing, and maybe alluding to the fact it could have happened. Is anyone looking forward to the coming day when we start kicking Phillip Rivers ass and shutting his big mouth? He proved what a punk he is when he was yelling at Cutler. The last two years have been humiliating and the tides need to start tuning. the Chargers had something like 22 players get some sort of surgery after the season.

                          YEah that is why we have gotten killed by the chargettes the last 2 years....I cannot wait for the day we turn the tide....Phillip rivers showed how he has no class the way he was taunting cutler last dec...WE ARE COMEING FOR YOU RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic


                          GO BRONCOS IN 2008

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X