Darius Watts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius Watts

Sounds like Denver may get what they wanted from Watts when they drafted him. Anybody see him at camp today???
    sigpic WHEC-724

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
    AlWilsonOwnsU did and he said he is very impressed with him...he seems great but i wasnt to happy with his selection on draft day but im happy now!
    I was a little leary as well but that is why Shanny is the coach and not me lets hope he is what he looks like, I still remember Lelie impressing at pratice and loosing it in the game
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

lets hope darius burns everybody and hes the receiver we're looking for to step up
      I Myself would like to see Ashley step up and then if Darius does too we could have a 3 headed monster in town would could have the 3 Amigoes II
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I really think Ashely is going set up this year. It would be nice if Watts did as well, but Shanny's offense is very complex and most receivers don't grasp it right away.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

A 3rd Receiver???

It would be a nice gift for Plummer if Smith, Lalie, and Watts were consistent and confident. The Broncos have been looking for a truely reliable 3rd WR for a long time. Lets hope it ends this year.

Comment

Re: Darius Watts

Originally posted by nickmeyer
            Sounds like Denver may get what they wanted from Watts when they drafted him. Anybody see him at camp today???
            I wasnt there, but I saw a few highlights of him on Rocky Mountain Sports Report...He looked awesome...I saw him burn Champ...He is going to be great.

Comment

Lots of people saying lots of good things about Darius.... I saw the clips from practice too and he looked really good. I'm hoping for the best; not only from him, but Ashley too, and hopefully another young receiver will step up. It's nice to have a three headed monster, but to have a backup or two for that monster (or heaven forbid - a 4 headed monster!!!) that would be awesome. But, we have to keep this in perspective; it's only been one day. Not a bad start for Darius though. People are definitely talking....
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

I saw somewhere that someone hadn't seen Darious until training camp. I've only been doing player evaluation since 98 (not that long) but I don't know if I've seen a guy more NFL ready than him. Athletically he's fantastic. Good first step, can change directions easily, doesn't have to sink his hips, he doesn't waste motion, just really sudden. When you think of violence in his movements, he's it. Elusive after the catch as well, not an easy tackle, will generally pick up a chunk of yards after the catch, gets started up field QUICKLY. His route running really sets him apart. Knows how to shape his stem and create separation. Seems to have an understanding of coverages. He's also a natural plucker, rarely lets the ball get into his body which augments that fantastic ability to run after the catch. Has really good ball skills as well. Attacks the ball in the air, just goes and gets it and rerely ever misplays it. With his football smarts and athletic ability, I believe, he's a winner. I was tickled pink when Denver grabbed him. Now, having said that I created an argument for him to start and I think he could, day one. But (and isn't there always a but?) Ashley Lelie has to be given the nod, at least initially. As good as Darious could become, Ashley has a chance to make us FORGET everyone else. And I mean EVERYONE else. Rice, Moss, EVERYBODY! He's SO gifted athletically it's beyond any measure of realism. His first step, scratch that, he goes from 0 to full speed because he wants to, instantly. His speed is NOTHING like I know of except in a handfull of cases and even fewer of those have his size at 6'2 or 6'3 and change of direction ability. His change of direction ability is insane. If you watch close enough you'll see he draws a lot of holding calls. Because the defender has to. He changes directions at the speed of thought. His ball skills are outstanding. I could write 10 posts praising his physcal ability. Physically he's flawless, no, that implies he might be average at something. He's perfect and that HE ISN'T producing makes you scratch your head. He's running out of excuses. Shannahan challenged him to step up and I will too because I KNOW he's capable. He could dominate. But if he struggles again early, I'd be tempted to play Darious. Or play him to motivate Lelie. Or better yet, RIGHT NOW make em both earn a starting spot, best man wins. I don't know, I'm frustrated. A Pro-Bowl should be EXPECTED. I don't know. Maybe someone better than me'll figure it out.

Comment

Re: Darius Watts

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                  I got an email from a friend that was at camp and said that Watts was most impressive. He even snagged one away from Bailey. My friend said that he was very exciting to watch. Let's hope this man is the answer to our prayers.

He also commented on Q. Said that Griffin has "beefed up". The front page of the USA Today sports page shows all 9 Bronco running backs shooting for the postition. Should be quite the battle.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the training camp video? Did anybody see the clip of BJ johnson, he looked slow and wasnt able to get good separation from jeremy leseuer. Either Compliments to Leseuer or lack their of to Johnson.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

lets hope darius burns everybody and hes the receiver we're looking for to step up
                      I think it will happen. Looks like I need a new jersey in my collection. What number is he wearing anyway?
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
                        Speaking of the training camp video? Did anybody see the clip of BJ johnson, he looked slow and wasnt able to get good separation from jeremy leseuer. Either Compliments to Leseuer or lack their of to Johnson.
                        Well, he got beat on the first play they showed but then he beat LeSeuer on the next play they showed. You win some and you lose some. Plus, it was the first day of camp so it's too early to be reading much into these videos.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Watts is taking over training camp, i luv it. Everything is either about Watts or Bailey. I hope DJ can start getting noticed the same. Nobody even talks about Wilson, Smith, Pryce and Lynch, thats ok cause you know what they bring. Lelie on the other hand, better start making an impression on camp.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                            Watts is taking over training camp, i luv it. Everything is either about Watts or Bailey. I hope DJ can start getting noticed the same. Nobody even talks about Wilson, Smith, Pryce and Lynch, thats ok cause you know what they bring. Lelie on the other hand, better start making an impression on camp.
                            First day of camp and he's taking over? I hope the good work continues but dominating camp I don't think so. I hope he has good camp, and so that he's can contribute.

Here's what was said of DJ at camp today:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=2988
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

How did Watts preform today???
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
                              X