Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the Broncos #1 runnung back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the Broncos #1 runnung back?

Griffin looked good at times last year but I don't think he can last a full season

Hearst is a solid back and a great reciever

Tatem Bell will be a great back in the future, I don't think he will be able to grasp the complex blocking schemes that the Broncos have.

Garrison Hearst will be the #1 running back.......

well c i think Q will emerge but hearst will be # 2 n will be Qs fatigue runner n prob 3rd down RB
    [iMG]

Comment

Griffin is a good enough receiver to stay in on passing downs, that is if actually wins the starting runningback position.

Here's the article:

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/br...072067,00.html
      Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-29-2004, 09:07 AM.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Well since I havent seen Bell sign on yet, I say go with QG, the guy has the heart and obviously the abilty. Since alot of people want to point to his size, he has risen above it and made it to the highest point He deserves the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
          Well since I havent seen Bell sign on yet, I say go with QG, the guy has the heart and obviously the abilty. Since alot of people want to point to his size, he has risen above it and made it to the highest point He deserves the chance.
          There are still other backs to consider. Beard, Galloway, Hearst, and Anderson. They also deserve a chance to show what they can do.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

At no point did I say they didnt deserve a chance, but at this point in time considering the amount of time our backs have had in the nfl, minus anderson and hearst, QG would be the logical choice for our 1st back. Im all for all the other backs getting a shot, but seeing we have a young back with some time behind the qb he would be the logical starter. Im sorry but I have a bad feeling about Bell, looks like he might be more trouble than he is worth.

Comment

The only way they will is if they get a shot. I don't think that just arbitrarily picking Griffin makes sense either. One start from my point of view doesn't give him that much of leg up on the other backs.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Its more than just starts. How about being in the system last year, getting carries during the game and just in general time spent with the other members of the O unit. Im not a Q rider, I just see someone with alot of heart and skill. If I am wrong later on this season I will nut up and say so.

Comment

I see talent in him as well and him being a hard worker is great, want to see how it all shakes out.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It might only be one start, but it is also a year of studying playbooks and practicing in the system. Only Mikey has an advantage over Q there.

Comment

Working...
                    X