X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
    The article is only a part of it. Right after that, I mentioned the first Colts game (you read that part, right?). He did a great job against Harrison.

So, in conclusion, the article is not the be all, end all reason for Walls' success. Of course, it's his performance on the field that has me so high on him. The article only reinforced that.
    In that first game He did shut down Harrison when they were playing MAN, but got his ass handed to him the next time around when because of injuries had to play zone.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    So you're saying THAT article is the reason for him being talented and getting better?
    or
    You're saying all that BECAUSE of that article?
    The article is only a part of it. Right after that, I mentioned the first Colts game (you read that part, right?). He did a great job against Harrison.

So, in conclusion, the article is not the be all, end all reason for Walls' success. Of course, it's his performance on the field that has me so high on him. The article only reinforced that.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    So you're saying THAT article is the reason for him being talented and getting better?
    or
    RC where you been?

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    [B In a nfl.com article (a month or two ago), he was a member of the writer's under 25 all defensive team. That tells me that he's a great talent that will only get better with more experience. [/B]
    or

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by twotone
    I agree. He has incredible upside and a lot of talent. He held his ground very well when he played #1 last year, and I have nothing but high expectations for the guy. To be honest with you, if Lenny and Champ stay together, I'd say within the next two years they might be one of if not the best corner tandems in the league.

But what I'm saying is that at the moment I wouldn't rank him as a great corner. He's still fine tuning his skills, and while he is doing that, he's making up for a lot of it with his height. He's just plain flat out the tallest corner in the league. I'd really like to see more turnovers out of him though, cause 1 interception isn't gonna cut it.

Like you said, he's got no where to go but up. The more experience he gets, the more I think we, and the entire football nation, will find out that he has the talent to become a top flight corner. I'm just hoping these three weeks go by quickly so he can get back out there.
    Oh yeah. Last year was his first real playing time and he played decently. You've got to figure he'll make that second year leap just from the experience he got last season. That's why it was so disappointing to see him get injured; training camp was going to give him that much more of a chance to excel this year. Hopefully, this won't set him back too far.

Leave a comment:

• twotone
    replied
    I disagree with what you said about Big Swat. I think he has tremendous upside. In a nfl.com article (a month or two ago), he was a member of the writer's under 25 all defensive team. That tells me that he's a great talent that will only get better with more experience. Remember the sucess he had against Harrison in the first Colts game last year?

The injury hurts his progression, of course, but I still expect Big Swat lining up opposite Champ when Opening Night gets here. Whether it's Morton or Quittison, he'll be locking down his side.
    I agree. He has incredible upside and a lot of talent. He held his ground very well when he played #1 last year, and I have nothing but high expectations for the guy. To be honest with you, if Lenny and Champ stay together, I'd say within the next two years they might be one of if not the best corner tandems in the league.

But what I'm saying is that at the moment I wouldn't rank him as a great corner. He's still fine tuning his skills, and while he is doing that, he's making up for a lot of it with his height. He's just plain flat out the tallest corner in the league. I'd really like to see more turnovers out of him though, cause 1 interception isn't gonna cut it.

Like you said, he's got no where to go but up. The more experience he gets, the more I think we, and the entire football nation, will find out that he has the talent to become a top flight corner. I'm just hoping these three weeks go by quickly so he can get back out there.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by twotone
    Herndon's a decent corner, just much more suited to be a nickel back as opposed to the #2 guy. Lenny really isn't that great of a corner, but his size really makes up for what he's lacking. Hopefully while he's recouping his ankle he'll take some time on the Jugs machine like Al did the other day...we need more turnovers outta Big Swat...
    I disagree with what you said about Big Swat. I think he has tremendous upside. In a nfl.com article (a month or two ago), he was a member of the writer's under 25 all defensive team. That tells me that he's a great talent that will only get better with more experience. Remember the sucess he had against Harrison in the first Colts game last year?

The injury hurts his progression, of course, but I still expect Big Swat lining up opposite Champ when Opening Night gets here. Whether it's Morton or Quittison, he'll be locking down his side.

Leave a comment:

• twotone
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Barring any complications he should be back before the end of camp.
    yeah, the only thing i'm scared about is him reinjuring it, or it turning into a lingering problem where he's in pain all year. i know they said it's good to take care of it now and get it out of the way, i'm just really hoping it all turns out as good as they're hoping it does.

Leave a comment:

• brom66an6
    replied
    Herndon lead our team with 3 ints last season. All of our dbs need to work on their hands (maybe not champ), Ian gold had 2 ints which is more than Lenny, Kenoy, Sam Brandon, and of course mr. let the team down Deltha O'Neal (happy we traded him away).

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Barring any complications he should be back before the end of camp.

Leave a comment:

• twotone
    replied
    Herndon's a decent corner, just much more suited to be a nickel back as opposed to the #2 guy. Lenny really isn't that great of a corner, but his size really makes up for what he's lacking. Hopefully while he's recouping his ankle he'll take some time on the Jugs machine like Al did the other day...we need more turnovers outta Big Swat...

Leave a comment:

• dr0p
    replied
    HA! ^^^

Ignorance is a bliss...............

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by PokeysLittleDog
    He'll have no probs holding the starting job from Kelly Herndon. Kelly, god love him, just seems to get toasted everytime I put my eye on him during a game.
    This tells me one thing:

QUIT WATCHING HIM!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dr0p
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Just how much time do we have to give assshley?
    This year........ It will make or break him

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos85
    give Ashley time man....he'll come around this year
    Just how much time do we have to give assshley?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X