Who be the 'Dark Horse' this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who be the 'Dark Horse' this year?

Who will it be, out of our up and coming talent pool? Excluding our top draft picks, because everyone expects them to play well.
    Adrian Madise
    17.39%
    Jashon Sykes
    32.61%
    Brandon Miree
    6.52%
    Nate Jackson
    2.17%
    Jeremy LeSeuer
    17.39%
    Santonio Beard
    6.52%
    Romar Crenshaw
    2.17%
    Triandos Luke
    15.22%
    Jeff Shoate
    0.00%
    Josh Sewell
    0.00%

Jashon Sykes is my pick

Comment

I have had a feeling about Madise for a long time, and he is still my bet. =)

Comment

I have to go with one that Javalon has stated before and that is Beard.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think that it is BJ Johnson. Maybe I over looked him but I didn't see him in the poll.

Comment

Only allows 10 slots, but B.J. Johnson is a great choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
              I see, thanks for the info. I decided to vote for Miree instead then.

Comment

I got to watch this guy play so really don't see him as a dark horse. The worst I see happening to him is going to the developmental squad, however I think he has enough skill to make the roster.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't think Jashon should be on the list since he started half the games last year and is set to be a starter this year. That wouldn't qualify him as a dark horse candidate. By definition, a dark horse is "A little-known, unexpectedly successful entrant." Jashon is expected to be successful this year and win the job.

Santonio Beard is my choice although I haven't heard much about him in camp so far. BJ Johnson and Triandos Luke would be my second and third picks.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

You're probably right, Jav, I had second thoughts about putting Sykes in there, but I noticed in other threads that were not giving him any props at all. Also, he was the starter because of first string injury; which sort of negates his true starter status. Many would say the Terry Pierce has a better chance than Sykes because he was a second round pick for us. Of all our linebackers he would probably be the Dark Horse.

I started to delete Sykes as an option to include an 'other' selection, but I figured 'Screw it, that's what discussion is for.' =)

Comment

I expect Sykes to win the SLB position battle and have a breakout season.
                      Originally posted by boltzpride619
                      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

You're probably right, Jav, I had second thoughts about putting Sykes in there, but I noticed in other threads that were not giving him any props at all. Also, he was the starter because of first string injury; which sort of negates his true starter status. Many would say the Terry Pierce has a better chance than Sykes because he was a second round pick for us. Of all our linebackers he would probably be the Dark Horse.

I started to delete Sykes as an option to include an 'other' selection, but I figured 'Screw it, that's what discussion is for.' =)
                        I can see your point. Personally, I think Jashon played so well last year that it would almost have been sad to see both Gold and Mobley come back because it would probably mean Jashon going back to second string. As it is, I think it's Jashon's job to lose with Pierce being the underdog.

If D.J. Williams lives up to expectations, I think we'll have good depth at linebacker despite losing two excellent LBs in Gold and Mobley.
                        ------

Comment

Remind me who our other LB's are....Louis Green and Johnny Rutledge....Patrick Chukakuwra?
                          Originally posted by boltzpride619
                          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Remind me who our other LB's are....Louis Green and Johnny Rutledge....Patrick Chukakuwra?
                            I'm not talking depth ALL the way down the linebacking corps. I'm saying we should have a very good starting trio in Williams, Wilson and Sykes with two good backups in Spragan and Pierce. I know we lost two starting linebackers for the season last year, but that isn't very common and two good backups to me is good depth.
                            ------

Comment

Put it this way: if all 3 of these guys stay healthy (Williams, Wilson, and Sykes), and Williams and Sykes develop to their full potential, we will have the best LB corps in the league in 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X