Who be the 'Dark Horse' this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry1977
    You're probably right, Jav, I had second thoughts about putting Sykes in there, but I noticed in other threads that were not giving him any props at all. Also, he was the starter because of first string injury; which sort of negates his true starter status. Many would say the Terry Pierce has a better chance than Sykes because he was a second round pick for us. Of all our linebackers he would probably be the Dark Horse.

I started to delete Sykes as an option to include an 'other' selection, but I figured 'Screw it, that's what discussion is for.' =)
    The only reason Sykes was not a top 20 pick was his neck injury in his last season at CU. Was a leading contender for the Butkis award.

Pierce will be ST and B/U at MLB primarily!

Comment

I think Jeremy LeSeuer could be pretty damn good.

Comment

I thought I was the dark horse this year???
        ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

Adrian Madise will tear it up this year, mark my words (both on kick returns and in the passing game)

Jashon isn't a darkhorse because he proved himself last season.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

With a 20 sack, 130 tackle season, the breakout star/dark horse this season will not be DJ Williams...it will not be Spragan or Sykes..the new household name in defense will be Patrick Chukwurah!

*No one applauds, a tumbleweed flies by*

Ok, probably not, I'll go with Triandos Luke
            "Man, I thought this was just a picture or something!"

-John Elway
            As he held the Vince Lombardi trophy in the lockeroom following Super Bowl XXXII

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
              The only reason Sykes was not a top 20 pick was his neck injury in his last season at CU. Was a leading contender for the Butkis award.
              I couldn't find the NFL's draft prospectus for Jashon but I did find this one:
              In a span of a year, Jashon Sykes went from a top 15 pick to barely on the draft map. Sykes was arguably college football's most talented defender. However, after a down Junior year, Sykes suffered a herniated disk in his neck after just four games as a Senior. He had to go through a tough surgery and rehab process. Rather than petition for another year of eligibility, Sykes has entered the draft. He is a boom or bust type but anyone who saw him play before the injury knows he has tremendous skills. Sykes will be a late round/high priority Free Agent type but if he recovers, he could become a real steal.
              Sykes stayed healthy last year and could be turning into the steal that this article mentioned.

Regardless, I don't think Jashon qualifies as a dark horse because he started and played well for a good chunk of last year.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

imma go with sykes

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  I couldn't find the NFL's draft prospectus for Jashon but I did find this one:

Sykes stayed healthy last year and could be turning into the steal that this article mentioned.

Regardless, I don't think Jashon qualifies as a dark horse because he started and played well for a good chunk of last year.
                  Sykes and Spragan both average 7 tackles a game. If they had started all season they could have ended up with over 100 tackles each.

I said the same thing earlier that Sykes really isn't a dark horse if anything he is probably the best bet to be the strongside linebacker.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Jashon Sykes is my pick because he proved he can play last year this year he'll prove he can have an impact on our defense. Plus i know he already is humbled and doesn't have a big head which usually gets in the way
                    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
                      Jashon Sykes is my pick because he proved he can play last year this year he'll prove he can have an impact on our defense. Plus i know he already is humbled and doesn't have a big head which usually gets in the way
                      And that's exactly why I don't think of him as a dark horse. He played so well that I that unless he has a complete melt down I think he will beat out the competition.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Sykes and Spragan both average 7 tackles a game. If they had started all season they could have ended up with over 100 tackles each.

I said the same thing earlier that Sykes really isn't a dark horse if anything he is probably the best bet to be the strongside linebacker.
                        Yeah, I said the same thing earlier too. But people don't seem to read the thread, they just read the poll and then answer. So, we keep posting the same responses over and over.
                        ------

Comment

Maybe some day others will see the light.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't really think Jashon Sykes should be in this poll. He started last year and played really well for us. A Dark Horse is someone everybody overlooks and doesn't EXPECT to do well.

Comment

Okay, I just watched the day 2 highlights, and maybe I should have put Middlebrooks instead of Jashon. Seriously. Nobody expects him to do crap and everyone already considers him a total bust. Maybe Willie is back from the dead?

Comment

I don't really think Jashon Sykes should be in this poll. He started last year and played really well for us. A Dark Horse is someone everybody overlooks and doesn't EXPECT to do well.
                                Heh, that was funny. I had a flash of irritation that someone was just repeating what we kept saying until I realized who said it. Good chuckle.
                                Okay, I just watched the day 2 highlights, and maybe I should have put Middlebrooks instead of Jashon. Seriously. Nobody expects him to do crap and everyone already considers him a total bust. Maybe Willie is back from the dead?
                                I know the coaching staff keeps expressing hope for him. With Walls out for 3 weeks, he'll get some better playing time with the first or second team. Here's hoping he finally starts to live up to his draft status.
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X