Will we have 1,000 yrd back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we have 1,000 yrd back?

U guys think we will pull off a 1,000yrd back this year? I dont see it happening running by comittee.

The only way I can see it happening is if there is an injury early in the season (Game1-3)

Would love to see Tatum......

Re: Will we have 1,000 yrd back?

Originally posted by dr0p
    U guys think we will pull off a 1,000yrd back this year? I dont see it happening running by comittee.

The only way I can see it happening is if there is an injury early in the season (Game1-3)

Would love to see Tatum......
    Go Q, Bell is still holding out, he will have to kickass in camp if he wants to play.

Comment

The coach will not use a running back by committee. He will pick a runningback and stick with him. Also, with Sharpe and Easy Ed gone they will be running alot more than they have in the past.
      There will be a 1000 yard back. GO OFFENSIVE LINE!!! & Mr. Gibbs

I really hope this is Ashley's breakout year.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush2004
        The coach will not use a running back by committee. He will pick a runningback and stick with him. Also, with Sharpe and Easy Ed gone they will be running alot more than they have in the past.

You do know that Gibbs isn't with the broncos anymore right?
        Smith's First Catch
        "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

I thought that Gibbs was still on as a consultant

Comment

If you are talking about David Gibbs then yes he is here as our defensive backs coach.
            Smith's First Catch
            "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Nah, O-Line coach Gibbs went to Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush2004

He will have to use running by comittee until atleast game 3 IMO. You think we have a back that can handle the ball like we will need one 2?

Mike can..........
                Garrison?Q?Tatum?

I am not giving the line the credit they deserve. With 4 returning starters, and Gibbs just barely leaving, we should have about the same besides the previosuly discussed o line rotation problem.
                Last edited by dr0p; 07-30-2004, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Yes we will have a feature back, and a superstar. Everyone thinks we are in trouble but we are not. I mean, 1,000 yards isn't much nowadays, seeing that 95% of starting runningbacks get it. Q/Garrison/Tatum/Anderson, one of them will get starting role, and one of them will get 1,200 yards at least. Just because we lost our offensive line coach doesn't mean we lost the talent. We have one of the best lines in the league, and it's sure as hell not because of Gibbs, it's because of them. Gibbs doesn't hold a 300lb linemen from getting to the QB or help making a hole. He only teaches them, and what he tought should still be with them. It's like riding a bike, you never forget how to. IMO I don't think our line will start declining until Tommy Nalen retires which shouldn't be for around another 5 years or so. So we got 5 years to lunge for the superbowl. And all I got to say is GO BRONCOS!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                    I mean, 1,000 yards isn't much nowadays, seeing that 95% of starting runningbacks get it.
                    Last year only 18/30 teams starting backs pulled it off 2003 Season Rushing NFL.com

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
                      Last year only 18/30 teams starting backs pulled it off 2003 Season Rushing NFL.com
                      They aint the Broncos are they?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes we will have a feature back, and a superstar. Everyone thinks we are in trouble but we are not. I mean, 1,000 yards isn't much nowadays, seeing that 95% of starting runningbacks get it. Q/Garrison/Tatum/Anderson, one of them will get starting role, and one of them will get 1,200 yards at least. Just because we lost our offensive line coach doesn't mean we lost the talent. We have one of the best lines in the league, and it's sure as hell not because of Gibbs, it's because of them. Gibbs doesn't hold a 300lb linemen from getting to the QB or help making a hole. He only teaches them, and what he tought should still be with them. It's like riding a bike, you never forget how to. IMO I don't think our line will start declining until Tommy Nalen retires which shouldn't be for around another 5 years or so. So we got 5 years to lunge for the superbowl. And all I got to say is GO BRONCOS!
                        I forgot how to once
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I dont doubt we will have one even with gibbs departing to atlanta.That line has been together so long that they know how to work together very well.I think thats the thing that keeps the line successfull.

Comment

They aint the Broncos are they?
                            U got a point there

Comment

You'd better get 1,000 yards out of one of your backs or it will be a long season..... Even with RBBC.
                              Broncos Suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X