Tatum Bell has sighed!!!!!! On radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jrhampton
    There is a difference between the 1# TE in in the draft being a top 10 pick and being the second choice in position of what # 40+.

We had basically the same problem with pooorti$. Signed a good contract for his draft position second rounder, became a superstar whined about being paid less than a veteran on the team playing a different position, him being the superstar and all. Bottom line was pooorti$$ did not want to honor his contract .

If a couple of hundred thousand made the difference today.

If he does become a superstar do YOU think it will still make the difference in 2 years?

If you do your really naive! This clown is just that, me, Me, ME.
    Quit your *****in. In a business like the NFL you would be doing the exact same thing. Sometimes people get hurt or don't last long in the NFL. They have to get their money while they can. Remember that this is a business. You have people in the business world leave jobs for more money all the time. I know you're going to say, team player this, team plater that, blah blah, blah. If you don't feel appreciated and feel you are being underpaid at your job you wouldn't be a team player either. This world is not fair so sometimes you have to look out for #1.

Comment

Originally posted by sketch2600
      Quit your *****in. In a business like the NFL you would be doing the exact same thing. Sometimes people get hurt or don't last long in the NFL. They have to get their money while they can. Remember that this is a business. You have people in the business world leave jobs for more money all the time. I know you're going to say, team player this, team plater that, blah blah, blah. If you don't feel appreciated and feel you are being underpaid at your job you wouldn't be a team player either. This world is not fair so sometimes you have to look out for #1.
      Funny how these players have to get their 'big bucks' NOW, versus the no money in college. That must be some mule, they get kicked in the head by, after graduating.....
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sketch2600
        The question remains!

If he does become a superstar do YOU think it will still make the difference in 2 years?

His teammates will most likely wonder where his head is at.
        His fans will most likely wonder where his head is at.
        His team owner will most likely wonder where his head is at.
        His coaches will most likely wonder where his head is at.

$200,000 over the life of the contract. How much is that per year after taxes? Peanuts!

Is it worth planting seeds in the back of everyones minds, about my lack character?

Comment

I think you're assuming too. I really don't think his teammates will hold that against.

To answer your question. Worrying about what may or may not happen two years down the road is a waste of energy. Can you or I or anyone else control what will happen in the future? You say he lacks character I don't. A lack of character is guy who comes in on game day to tell his coach he's retiring, only to turn around a week later to be signed by a division rivial.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
            Funny how these players have to get their 'big bucks' NOW, versus the no money in college. That must be some mule, they get kicked in the head by, after graduating.....
            It wasn't that long ago that TD actually was supportive of Portis getting a better deal His reasoning was that more any other position runningbacks need to make there more now because they're more at risk of a career ending injury.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              I think you're assuming too. I really don't think his teammates will hold that against.

To answer your question. Worrying about what may or may not happen two years down the road is a waste of energy. Can you or I or anyone else control what will happen in the future? You say he lacks character I don't. A lack of character is guy who comes in on game day to tell his coach he's retiring, only to turn around a week later to be signed by a division rivial.
              We will have to agree to disagree on the character issuse.

To me it is a total me thing, I'm so good I don't need to follow the rules. They will all overlook my lack of character because I'm the best RB in the league.

Lots of folks still have the pooorti$ debacle in our minds and this kiddy attitude for a few bucks (as compared to the total scheme of things) does not make sense to me.

I see poorti$ all over in this guy.

Comment

Working...
              X