Thoughts on our wide receiver core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on our wide receiver core

Weve seen two days of film in training camp and Besides Rod Smith, Ashley Lelie and Darius Watts all the other spots are open for grabs. If we keep let's say 3 more wide receivers who do you think they will be? I say Madise probably will be there but after that Im kinda clueless. romar Crenshaw will be a practice squad guy, he seems to be a favorite of shanny, but triandos luke seems to be our likely KR if he is better than Madise. Nate Jackson seems to be a Eddy Mac like WR, if you dont think he can go deep he'll run right by you style. Man alot of good players on this years team I would hate to be the coaches this year. Cause alot of good players are going to get cut.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Well the WR's should look something like this:
    1. Smith
    2. Lelie
    3. Wyatts
    4. Madise
    5. W. Jackson
    6. Johnson
    sigpic
    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Generally the Broncos carry six wide receivers. Smith, Lelie, Madise, Watts, W. Jackson, and N. Jackson. Luke and Crenshaw I think end up on the developmental squad.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That would leave us with charlie adams and atnaf harris, in which both could wind up being cut? I haven't even seen atnaf play??

Comment

Team:

1. Rod Smith
          2. Ashley Lelie
          3. Darius Watts
          4. Adrian Madise
          5. Triandos Luke
          6. Willie Jackson

Practice Squad:

1. B.J. Johnson
          2. Romar Crenshaw

Comment

I forgot about BJ he's going to fit in there somewhere.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It's bittersweet to have all this young talent at WR, isn't it? It's great to have the depth, but it's sad to let a guy with a lot of potential go.

Comment

I think that would be someting Like this...

1-Rod
                2-Lelie
                3-Watts
                4-W. Jackson
                5-T Luke
                6- Madise

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

I'm sure the big question mark will be willy. He's the wild-card in the picture. They would like for him to be the other 'vet' of the wr corp., but unless he PROVES his worth, you wonder if they'll keep a younger, unproven, but full of potential guy.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

That's a good point. My guess is that he will make the team.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

What makes you think he will? jus curious
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I was listening to something on espn yesterday, and the guy they were talking to was discussing the denver war corps.
                        He said for one, that Watts has been very impressive, at this pace he'll be #3...if Lelie falters, Watts might end up at #3 with Watts at 2.
                        However, this guy also said that after Watts, there's a big drop off. If any one of these guys gets hurt (Smith, Lelie, Watts), there could be some problems. He said he thought that Willie Jackson was #4 and that after that, none of the youngs guys has really dsitinguished himself yet, but it's only a few days into camp, so take that for what it's worth.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

It's odd but after all the Day 1 hype over Watts I haven't heard anything about him the last two days. I hope it wasn't a fluke.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I have heard good things about Romar Crenshaw, Nate Jackson, and Triandos so far. Also, don't forget Madise!! He was good enough to make the team last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                              It's odd but after all the Day 1 hype over Watts I haven't heard anything about him the last two days. I hope it wasn't a fluke.
                              Maybe they want him to make us think he was a fluke, then he surprises us this season an makes the pro bowl or sumthin........ i can hope cant i?
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X