Bell-Portis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell-Portis

Can somebody tell me a lil back groud on bell, i see he has taken portis number 26! Did he have this in college, which im expecting or is this not a coincidence?
    Broncos+Defense=Orange Crush

INPREGNABLE

Has same number. He runs a quicker 40 (I heard). A portis clone from OSU. I saw draft video on him and he is QUICK. He doesnt have the ability to get low to the ground as Portis does, and lacks weight but thats debatable. He is the highest we have taken a RB for a while.

Thats about all I got off the top of my head

Comment

Bell's actual number was 7. But for obvious reasons he could not use that one, so he got 26. I think it was just a coincidence.

Comment

Yeah yeah u are right.... EMCF U keep gettn me. Pulln Ricky's all day.lol. I will quit posting for today.......

Comment

TATUM BELL:

Positives: Has a well-defined, muscular body with room to add additional bulk … Uses his quick initial step to burst through the holes … Shows good instincts and vision to see the rush lanes and tacklers … Has the strength to break tackles running inside and the speed to get to the corner, displaying above-average balance to turn it up field … Has made steady improvement in utilizing his second gear to break free in the open field … Adequate route runner who gets the job done on curls, flats and dump-offs … Has the blocking form and change-of-direction agility to pick up stunts and will not hesitate to take on a pass rusher … His ability to make the initial tackler miss brings back memories of another OSU great, Thurman Thomas (not as good a receiver, though) … Has a very fast running stride and looks natural bouncing off tackles when redirecting in-line.

Negatives: Needs to run at a lower-pad level (when he gets high in his stance, he gets exposed, taking away his tackle-breaking power. If he keeps his pad level low, he can finish his runs) … Despite his speed, he's a one-cut runner who lacks juking skills to elude … Runs with the ball too low, resulting in several costly fumbles … Does not look natural catching the ball, letting it absorb into his body rather than extending for it … Has adequate lateral agility, but seems to be a bit stiff in his hips … Needs to do a better job of dipping his shoulder and run with power when trying to turn the corner … Short stepper who runs tall, but has deceptive speed in his stride … Can pick up the blitz and won't back down as a blocker, but lacks technique to dominate in this area.

AGILITY TESTS

4.34 in the 40-yard dash … 1.54 10-yard dash … 335-pound bench press … Bench presses 225 pounds 24 times … 445-pound squat … 38½-inch vertical jump … 31 7/8-inch arm length … 8 3/8-inch hands … Right-handed.
          CLINTON PORTIS

Positives: Powerfully built outside runner with sudden moves turning the corner … Cradles the ball securely and has the leg drive to drag defenders for extra yardage … Effective short-area receiver who is adept at picking up the blitz … Has elusive moves through the holes, displaying the vision to consistently pick the right rush lanes and the lateral agility to get into second gear, quickly turning the corner … Has the quick stutter-step and side-step moves to elude defenders in the open … Runs at a low pad level with impressive inline balance.

Negatives: Has had ball-security problems in the past … Shows marginal willingness to face up to defenders as a blocker … Runs a little too erect at times, but has the ability to accelerate around the corner.

AGILITY TESTS

4.42 in the 40-yard dash … 39-inch vertical jump … 31 1/8-inch arm length … 8 ¼-inch hands.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

and guess what, he signed tonight baby, and its about time!
            sigpic

Comment

I hope he is exactly like Portis, in every single way, except for asking for the biggest RB contract in the leauge..LOL..But I mean, hey if he does as well as Portis, why not ask for a big contract? I mean if you were a RB or something, and you got 1500 yards in a season, and 20 TD's and were only getting payed like 300,000 dollars, wouldnt you want more money? I know for sure I would! Maybe not 52 mil, but atleast 10mil...

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                I hope he is exactly like Portis, in every single way, except for asking for the biggest RB contract in the leauge..LOL..But I mean, hey if he does as well as Portis, why not ask for a big contract? I mean if you were a RB or something, and you got 1500 yards in a season, and 20 TD's and were only getting payed like 300,000 dollars, wouldnt you want more money? I know for sure I would! Maybe not 52 mil, but atleast 10mil...

sheeeeeeit, 3 hundred grand a year to play football for a living? i don't care, i'd take that in a heartbeat. sure would beat getting less than 1/6th of that and busting my ass for it...

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
                  Has same number. He runs a quicker 40 (I heard). A portis clone from OSU. I saw draft video on him and he is QUICK. He doesnt have the ability to get low to the ground as Portis does, and lacks weight but thats debatable. He is the highest we have taken a RB for a while.

Thats about all I got off the top of my head
                  I h've heard that too that he lacks weight. I find that funny considering that he's the same height and weight as Terrell Davis.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
                    sheeeeeeit, 3 hundred grand a year to play football for a living? i don't care, i'd take that in a heartbeat. sure would beat getting less than 1/6th of that and busting my ass for it...
                    No u wouldn't man! People forget this isn't all fun and games, these guys work until they are physically exauhsted, day in and day out! I agree i would ask for about 10 million! If not more!

INPREGNABLE

Comment

No u wouldn't man! People forget this isn't all fun and games, these guys work until they are physically exauhsted, day in and day out! I agree i would ask for about 10 million! If not more!

INPREGNABLE

Comment

INPREGNABLE

Comment

No u wouldn't man! People forget it isn't all fun and games with these guys! They work their asses off day in and day out! I would want more than 100,000!

INPREGNABLE

Comment

Portis entered the league at 195 pounds. Bell is 213. What about weight again?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              I h've heard that too that he lacks weight. I find that funny considering that he's the same height and weight as Terrell Davis.
                              Yeah, I expect him to beef up. THe only thing I can think that he needs to improve from video is running downhill, he seemed not to get low enough to the ground. Seems TD & Portis learned farily easy. All had similiar problems.

Seems like a match. Be interesting to see in preseason

Comment

Working...
                              X