• Show
Clear All

• Rookie RB Bell greeted by boos at first practice

I just read this interesting article and thought I'd pass it along:

Rookie RB Bell greeted by boos at first practice
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Thanks for the article Jav. Its a good read. Apparently Shanahan is still willing to work him and see what he can do. Thankfully he didn't miss more time so no as far behind as he might other wise be.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
      Thanks for the article Jav. Its a good read. Apparently Shanahan is still willing to work him and see what he can do. Thankfully he didn't miss more time so no as far behind as he might other wise be.
      Yeah, it sucks to have him miss any time but at least the holdout was relatively short. And Bell had to know he was going to get razzed by his teammates.

A couple other things I found interesting: The spectators who were heckling the Broncos and then getting tossed. And John Lynch apparently levelling Watts. Hey John, we need that guy healthy!
      ------

Comment

Lynch knows of only one way to hit, slobberknocker hard.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I dont know what that says about Tatums character, or if it says anything at all (all his agent). But he is definately not on Shanns good side. Which will make Tatum really compete in order to have a good shot at starting anytime. But there is still preseason

Anyone guess how much time Tatum will probabley get in preseas?

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
            I dont know what that says about Tatums character, or if it says anything at all (all his agent). But he is definately not on Shanns good side. Which will make Tatum really compete in order to have a good shot at starting anytime. But there is still preseason

Anyone guess how much time Tatum will probabley get in preseas?
            Well, even though he might be temporarily in Shanny's doghouse, the Broncos did spend a 2nd round draft pick on him and now they've financially invested in him. So, I'm very much doubting he'll be riding the bench this preseason. They'll probably still work him and work him hard to see what he's got.

Shanahan is a professional and he won't let his irritation at Tatum holding out keep him from his chance to contribute.
            ------

Comment

Yeah, hopefully everything goes smooth from now on. I think he is a good pick up and hope to see him put up some #'s preseason. I think he is an "special" because Shanny got him so early, when we easily could have used that pick to get a decent TE, and got a back later (as we sucessfully have done in the past). I trust Shann and cant wait to see Tatum in action

Comment

Shanny has the upper hand

Originally posted by Javalon
                Well, even though he might be temporarily in Shanny's doghouse, the Broncos did spend a 2nd round draft pick on him and now they've financially invested in him. So, I'm very much doubting he'll be riding the bench this preseason. They'll probably still work him and work him hard to see what he's got.

Shanahan is a professional and he won't let his irritation at Tatum holding out keep him from his chance to contribute.
                I agree, but Shanny can make it hard and find out just what Tatum is made of. And that's a good thing. These days coaches need all the leverage they can get to get premadonnas to perform. I'm not saying Bell is one but he could actually be better off having to work up from the "third and fourth squads".

Good article!!
                This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Shanny has the upper hand

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                  I agree, but Shanny can make it hard and find out just what Tatum is made of. And that's a good thing. These days coaches need all the leverage they can get to get premadonnas to perform. I'm not saying Bell is one but he could actually be better off having to work up from the "third and fourth squads".

Good article!!
                  One thing I like about shanny is rookies must earn respect. DJ is not even running with the first team. They will work their way on the field. If they dont make it on the field then they are not deserving. Shanny will not start anyone because of his name or the position he was drafted in. Im glad our team isnt run by politics, Shanny is a dictator.

Comment

Re: Re: Shanny has the upper hand

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    One thing I like about shanny is rookies must earn respect. DJ is not even running with the first team. They will work their way on the field. If they dont make it on the field then they are not deserving. Shanny will not start anyone because of his name or the position he was drafted in. Im glad our team isnt run by politics, Shanny is a dictator.
                    I think you are correct overall, yes they did invest a top pick and money in him but, if he does not produce he will be riding the pine and playing a lot of special teams until they finally find a place to trade him like CINCY.

If they trade him or cut him does the team that picks him up have to absorb the contract and bonuses?

Comment

It is the right thing not just hand top pick a starting role they should have to work for it. Its better for the team in the long run.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I hope Tatum still does good though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                          I hope Tatum still does good though.
                          And so do the rest of the Broncos and coach Shanahan. According to Bell, Shanny said, "'We're glad to have you back. Let's just put everything behind us and move forward."

It's water under the bridge. Here's hoping he's ready to shine (after his finger heals, that is).
                          ------

Comment

And so do the rest of the Broncos and coach Shanahan. According to Bell, Shanny said, "'We're glad to have you back. Let's just put everything behind us and move forward."

It's water under the bridge. Here's hoping he's ready to shine (after his finger heals, that is).
                            Yup... It said on Denverbroncos.com that he got a standing ovation though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds Shanny really wants to give this kid a chance to prove himself.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X