X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Taco got a boo boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Salute
      Bell=Bust, it's a shame we didn't trade this guy to Miami before the injury.
      Since the organization gave him sizable contract it's way to early to call him a bust.
      Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-31-2004, 07:40 PM.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Salute
        Bell=Bust, it's a shame we didn't trade this guy to Miami before the injury.
        How do you figure? Just cuz he jammed his finger.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
          How do you figure? Just cuz he jammed his finger.
          It's not realistic anyway DB. Shanny didn't draft him just to trade him away. Remember what you read in today's camp report Shanny's already but the contract thing behind him and he's ready to move on and give Bell a shot at being the "stud buffalo".

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            It's not realistic anyway DB. Shanny didn't draft him just to trade him away. Remember what you read in today's camp report Shanny's already but the contract thing behind him and he's ready to move on and give Bell a shot at being the "stud buffalo".
            TX, You have to be on the field to get that chance. A broken finger on a running back will set him back. A middle finger at that. Bad fortune for Bell. Question will be made though, did it happen because he was not in training camp shape and was trying to hard?

Holding out did not help him at all. Shanahan is a professional and he knows the right things to say, but this will not help Bells chances any. The running back position is going to be really tight.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
              TX, You have to be on the field to get that chance. A broken finger on a running back will set him back. A middle finger at that. Bad fortune for Bell. Question will be made though, did it happen because he was not in training camp shape and was trying to hard?

Holding out did not help him at all. Shanahan is a professional and he knows the right things to say, but this will not help Bells chances any. The running back position is going to be really tight.
              It's not a broken finger it's a fracture, a jam, nothing torn, nothing broken, it's just his finger bent back.
              sigpic

Comment

It's not a broken finger it's a fracture, a jam, nothing torn, nothing broken, it's just his finger bent back.
                isnt fracture the same thing as broken?

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                  isnt fracture the same thing as broken?
                  Nope, I had a fractured finger last year from the ball hitting it, I was back in a quarter it was nothing big. Hurt a little but I got over it.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is what Shanahan said unless there is new information:

Bell left Saturday afternoon's special-teams practice with a fractured right middle finger.

"He just hit somebody's helmet," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. "I'm not sure exactly what drill it was, but it's a pretty good-sized fracture."

Shanahan didn't know when Bell could be able to return.

"It all depends on how bad it is," Shanahan said. "You never know if he's going to have pins put in it or do they just set it in a splint, how long it will be. Those are questions I can't answer at this time."

Shanahan said that team doctors would arrive to look over the injury on Saturday evening. The team X-rayed Bell on its machines at the facility, confirming the injury.

"It's all different when you've got a fracture, which looks like it's a pretty good fracture," Shanahan said. "I hate to say one way or another until I talk with (the doctors)."

If he has to put pins in it, then he is going to be out a long time, possibly the season, if not, even a splint will not be a super short time.

We will hope for the best, but we do need to take what Shanahan said about a "pretty good fracture" and not gloss over it. We will all know tomorrow or Monday how bad it is.
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Nope, I had a fractured finger last year from the ball hitting it, I was back in a quarter it was nothing big. Hurt a little but I got over it.
                      back in a quarter? damn man, i had 2 broken fingers and i didnt sit out for a quarter..LOL, and i still had 3 catches that game

Comment

im pretty damn sure fractured is another name for broken....

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                          im pretty damn sure fractured is another name for broken....
                          No, I defently did not break my finger when I caught a ball lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

you might have had a minor fracture or a minor break (its the same thing)...or just jammed it...

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

Yes understand that, wished others realized how tight the competition is going to be as well. I know that holding out didn't help, but I don't see how breaking his finger on helmet means he wasn't trying hard.

We'll have tosee. But a broken finger may not keep him out all parts of practice.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

you need to learn how to catch

Comment

Working...
                                X