Jack William reminds me a lot of Darrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack William reminds me a lot of Darrent

I miss Darrent, and he is not replaceable. BUT, this guy Jack Williams seems to be the same type of small scrappy player. AND he returns kicks. I was excited with this pick, and the only knock on him according to ESPN is his size, and Darrent never let that hold him back. Here is his profile compared to D-Will's:

Height/Weight:
    Jack- 5'9" 186 lbs. Darrent- 5'8" 188 lbs.

Speed:
    Jack- 4.42 Darrent- FAST

Returner:
    Jack- Yes. Darrent- Yes.

In conclusion(from ESPN):
    Jack Williams has the instincts and athletic ability to become an effective No. 2 corner. He's also an excellent player on special teams. Still, he doesn't have great size, so he's going to have problems slowing receivers down at the line of scrimmage.

Who else is excited about this pick?
    Owned:
    sigpic

Let me just start by saying that I have never bought a jersey of any man unless that person is my father, son or brother or some type of relation

With That being said, I will be getting a Jack Williams jersey.

Let me give you the background,

Redshirted his freshman year most notably because he weighed about 155lbs but looked 175. His freshman coach was Dean Pees the current Defensive Coordinator for the New England Patriots.

Won Scout Team Player of the Year as a Freshman.

1st game, took Drew Tate of Iowa back 99yrds for score in season opener.

He has 13 career picks, ton of PBU but most notably, 245 career tackles and 167 Solos. Special Team Monster and avgs OVER 21 yrds a kick during career. Did not return much because was need to much on defense and other special Teams. MADE COUNTLESS TOUCHDOWN SAVING TACKLES!!!!!.

He DOES NOT MISS TACKLES!!!! Not a cut tackler but wraps up because he is strong enough to do so. Bench 391 lbs, yes I know, 391 look it up. Squat 650, Power Cleans over 300 lbs and all this while weighing 177 lbs.

Speed? Hmmm well let's see Junior Pro day 4.29 .... believe it or not two weeks later, 4.21 not once but TWICE that day for Team Times. Horrible combine run, was to bulked up, lost 9 lbs and ran 4.32 and 4.33 Pro day numbers. Bench 19 x 225 top 5 strongest corner at Combine. 41' vertical during Proday. Jack Williams can play man or zone. He had 19 tackles vs CMU this year in one game. He led the MAC in tackles most of the year but missed almost two games total due to stinger in shoulder. CAN DOMINATE GAMES.

Singlehandly shut down Iowa St by himslef with 11 solos and 1 asst while make numerous tackles for loss. Held Matt Blythe of the Big 12 career leaders to 1 catch for 5 yrds. Other catches on other side.

Jack Williams entire career he has elevated the play and the success of that team. Has done so his ENTIRE career.

High School, had 10 picks senior year as a CORNER for Booker T. Washington High School. First PLayer to go D1 at his school since Bruce Smith of the Buffalo Bills.

Helped Kent St top 25 defense in team defense each of last two yrs if I recall. All this production while sharing the defensive backfield with current pro's Usuma Young of Saints, Abe Elam of Jets, and Andre Kirkland of St. Louis Rams UFA.

Jack Williams will be an IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYER whether you like it or not. But if you want a cast iron physical tackling and covering machine who understands the game more than just plays it.

Welcome, Jack Williams. He will be the next dominant corner in this league. Save this post and check back with me in 3 yrs, hell maybe at the end of this year!
    Last edited by Aeshun1; 04-28-2008, 11:21 PM.
    Adopt a Child and Foster a Home
    YES it is that EASY!

Comment

bump for this matter
      Adopt a Child and Foster a Home
      YES it is that EASY!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeshun1 View Post
        Let me just start by saying that I have never bought a jersey of any man unless that person is my father, son or brother or some type of relation

With That being said, I will be getting a Jack Williams jersey.

Let me give you the background,

Redshirted his freshman year most notably because he weighed about 155lbs but looked 175. His freshman coach was Dean Pees the current Defensive Coordinator for the New England Patriots.

Won Scout Team Player of the Year as a Freshman.

1st game, took Drew Tate of Iowa back 99yrds for score in season opener.

He has 13 career picks, ton of PBU but most notably, 245 career tackles and 167 Solos. Special Team Monster and avgs OVER 21 yrds a kick during career. Did not return much because was need to much on defense and other special Teams. MADE COUNTLESS TOUCHDOWN SAVING TACKLES!!!!!.

He DOES NOT MISS TACKLES!!!! Not a cut tackler but wraps up because he is strong enough to do so. Bench 391 lbs, yes I know, 391 look it up. Squat 650, Power Cleans over 300 lbs and all this while weighing 177 lbs.

Speed? Hmmm well let's see Junior Pro day 4.29 .... believe it or not two weeks later, 4.21 not once but TWICE that day for Team Times. Horrible combine run, was to bulked up, lost 9 lbs and ran 4.32 and 4.33 Pro day numbers. Bench 19 x 225 top 5 strongest corner at Combine. 41' vertical during Proday. Jack Williams can play man or zone. He had 19 tackles vs CMU this year in one game. He led the MAC in tackles most of the year but missed almost two games total due to stinger in shoulder. CAN DOMINATE GAMES.

Singlehandly shut down Iowa St by himslef with 11 solos and 1 asst while make numerous tackles for loss. Held Matt Blythe of the Big 12 career leaders to 1 catch for 5 yrds. Other catches on other side.

Jack Williams entire career he has elevated the play and the success of that team. Has done so his ENTIRE career.

High School, had 10 picks senior year as a CORNER for Booker T. Washington High School. First PLayer to go D1 at his school since Bruce Smith of the Buffalo Bills.

Helped Kent St top 25 defense in team defense each of last two yrs if I recall. All this production while sharing the defensive backfield with current pro's Usuma Young of Saints, Abe Elam of Jets, and Andre Kirkland of St. Louis Rams UFA.

Jack Williams will be an IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYER whether you like it or not. But if you want a cast iron physical tackling and covering machine who understands the game more than just plays it.

Welcome, Jack Williams. He will be the next dominant corner in this league. Save this post and check back with me in 3 yrs, hell maybe at the end of this year!
        5'9 186 thats really hard to match up in a bump and run league no matter how fast you are........only time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          5'9 186 thats really hard to match up in a bump and run league no matter how fast you are........only time will tell
          If Darrent Williams could hold up against bigger WRs, why can't this new Williams do that?

Comment

wow..... i was writing the exact same thing in the ??? for diehard broncos fans or something like that. i just finished replying when i backed out and saw this thread..... man thats wierd. but anyway, yeah, i think they are very very similar, but i don't want to talk like hes the next darrent, cause nobody will be. but they've got similar speed, (i think you mean 4.32, not 4.42, typo?) size, and also they can tackle. i really wish this kid has some major success as a bronco.
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by NASH79 View Post
              If Darrent Williams could hold up against bigger WRs, why can't this new Williams do that?

I dont like to stomp on a man whos past, but Darrent was not good when it came to large receivers. He got us torched many times in 05, but year 2 was just as bad. Remember Indy,KC,Sandiego and Seattle in 06????........ ring a bell? Only reason we lost to Indy at home in 06 was because both darrent and Foxworth were not physical enough with Indys Dallas Clark when he was in the slot.

Lets wait for this guy to get some action, let alone make the cut before we crown him the next great hype.

Comment

Working...
              X