Mel Kiper's grade for the broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who really cares about Kipers grade?

However, I do want to see what Mayock has to say!

Comment

The Grade is Bogus

But, why the hell did we pick a WR as a second pic when that wasn't the most pressing need. I have to agree that my gut tells me that managment is getting some bad vibes on B-Marsh. What a shame.

Although no one will admit it, there is a built in bias against Denver's drafting prowess. i.e. moving up to get Jarvis Moss. What people forget is that we have a pretty good record of finding those diamonds in the rough late in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco mesa View Post
        But, why the hell did we pick a WR as a second pic when that wasn't the most pressing need. I have to agree that my gut tells me that managment is getting some bad vibes on B-Marsh. What a shame.

Although no one will admit it, there is a built in bias against Denver's drafting prowess. i.e. moving up to get Jarvis Moss. What people forget is that we have a pretty good record of finding those diamonds in the rough late in the draft.
        Royal doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Marshall. Royal won't even be competing for the 1 or 2 spots, he'll be playing the slot.

But he was drafted to work in the slot, and to return kicks/punts. This was a DRASTIC need for the team.

Comment

The teams that usually get A's from Mel Kiper are the teams that trade back into the first round for two first round picks like the Chiefs. Those teams usually don't have good grades the next year when they have fewer day one picks.

Case in point San Francisco last year when they picked Patrick Willis then traded back into the first round to pick up Joe Staley. Or last years Cleveland Browns draft with the top 5 pick of Joe Thomas and trading back into the first round for Brady Quinn.

Mel Kiper never gives good grades to those who keep their original picks and use them wisely.

Comment

Im fine with being under the radar, remember 2005? Broncos maybe a 9-7 or 10-6 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Who really cares about Kipers grade?

However, I do want to see what Mayock has to say!
              I agree! And if you watched him on the weekend, he was amazing on day one. It's like he had the cards before they hit the podium. I do follow him most of the way.

As for his assessment, I heard him say that he sees what the broncs were doing. Something like.... sound picks, with character guys. It didn't come across as an A rating, but was favourable. Thats got to be a good sign.

Comment

Hard to figure how Kiper makes a living at this. He seems all blustery with nothing to say, kinda like a wet pfart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  Royal doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Marshall. Royal won't even be competing for the 1 or 2 spots, he'll be playing the slot.

But he was drafted to work in the slot, and to return kicks/punts. This was a DRASTIC need for the team.
                  I agree it was a need. But we are a middle of the pack team as far as special teams go. We are near the bottom in terms of a run defense. Yeah added decent players here and there to try and patch that up...However, we have also added two guys that WILL be more productive that what we got out of Walker last year. You get guys like(Assuming they are healthy/on team) Marshall, Stockley, Jackson(played with one of the worst offenses ever, im expecting 50 catches 600+ yards and 3-5 TD's from him), Scheffler, Graham and that is more receiving talent than the damn Patriots had when they won the 3 superbowls. Or more talent Balimore had, or the Bucs. You can keep going.

The one thing all those teams were good at was stopping the run. Look how far it got the Colts having all world talent, at the specialty positions. They did not win, untill they started to stop the run.

I still stick to what I was taught when I played, and how the game still is. You build from the trenches, period. I did not have a problem with the Clady pick, infact im extatic. But, taking an undersized WR to play SLOT and return kicks, is imo a waste of a pick especially looking at our needs. Of course it is the sexier pick. So that factors in, what do most fans want to see? They want little speedy guy, it generates more buzz than a gritty OL/DL player.

We did nothing that has for sure solved our run D though...We have went out and got some guys, but no strike me as the mean physical types. Just those speedy, undersized fast guys that swarm to the ball, just like Mike wants them. I just think they had more pressing needs at this point in the draft.

BTW: Before anyone starts questioning my loyalty or whatever, or say im too negative, please do not try to tell me how a fan should act/react when they question a move.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

They gave the Giants a C grade last year and all of their draft picks played in the super bowl. You never know what you're goin to get

Comment

Mel gave the BROWNS a B+ ? They didn't have a pick until the 4th round right?

Comment

Working...
                      X